project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
derrickkolba
Lightbulb punishment system!

i dont know about anyone else but im sick of the punishment system,no not pr's system but bf2's all together. people just abuse the system and i get kicked and banned in a flash cause people dont care about being fair. just quick to hit the button everytime they die, not thinking that the person on the other end might not have known or meant it. if your going to punish at least think of some new way with out taking people out of the game or server. maybe the more tks the more respawn time for you,or do a counter strike punishment system where someone chooses freezebomb, homing beekon...ect. i would rather spawn longer then kicked and banned for droping a bomb on someone. think ABout it would ya
Old 02-14-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Copy_of_Blah

I would like to see kits being removed after you tk, but that is in addition to the current system. You tk someone with a sniper and you shouldn't be a sniper for that life. Tk with a bomber and you won't be doing any bombing runs for a little while.

But what you are complaining about is partially a server option, if not totally.

If you tk so much that you are being kicked -maybe it's still fresh in your mind- you are doing something very wrong.

Keep an eye on your score every now and then. If it starts getting low switch to medic, join a squad, and stop engaging targets before you had enough time to id them.

If I'm not mistaken (it wouldn't surprise me) a punish only adds a -2 pts. which isn't a lot.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Liquid_Cow

The problem is the TK punish is enabled, some servers auto kick with as few as 3 TK's (some even set to 1), which if you strafe a friendly vehicle or such you can rack up real quick. Also, in a long round its not hard to get 3 TK's in 20 minutes.

Even if you are a cronic TK'r and get kicked, you just wait you 2 minutes and rejoin or find another server and continue your homicidal rampage there. By the time you get kicked there you can rejoin the 1st server.

So for the honest accidentaly TK you get kicked from a good server, for the jerk its no big deal.

I like the longer spawn time idea, or spawn times adjusted by your negative score. Get a big neg get 60 seconds tacked onto your spawn. Maybe 60 sec for every -10 points. If this could be forced to carry over to the next server you join...

Perhaps you can also have a spawn location penalty too, get a big negative you are forced to spawn at the furthest back spawn. Maybe set up a "penalty box" spawn point that is outside the limits of the map so when you spawn you've got to run as fast as you can to avoid dying for desertion.

The only problem is if you are like me, I usually destroy "dead" armor and such to get it out of the way (and maybe help it respawn) so I aquire neg points for that. So perhaps it should be based on TK counts.

I don't like the idea of removing kits, if you're a good sniper or support gunner and get a TK you're hurting the team twice (first from the TK then from the loss of a good asset).

Golden Camel Alliance
Fear the Moo!!!
<MFF>
Old 02-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Aljen

I think it is impossible to force remove or switch kit from a player by any script.
-hardcoded-

Truth needs no law to enforce it
Evolution: The realization by the organism that those things inside the white lab coats are pretty damned tasty!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Cow
The problem is the TK punish is enabled, some servers auto kick with as few as 3 TK's (some even set to 1), which if you strafe a friendly vehicle or such you can rack up real quick. Also, in a long round its not hard to get 3 TK's in 20 minutes.
I've played PR for over a hundred hours, and I've only been kicked for TKing once. And that was intentional (I decided to set up my own dome of death at the Al Basrah airport and TK people raping it).

If you're getting more than one TK in a round, you're doing something wrong. If you can't use the A-10 without strafing friendly vehicles, please do the rest of us a favor and don't use the A-10.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 02-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickkolba
i dont know about anyone else but im sick of the punishment system,no not pr's system but bf2's all together. people just abuse the system and i get kicked and banned in a flash cause people dont care about being fair. just quick to hit the button everytime they die, not thinking that the person on the other end might not have known or meant it. if your going to punish at least think of some new way with out taking people out of the game or server. maybe the more tks the more respawn time for you,or do a counter strike punishment system where someone chooses freezebomb, homing beekon...ect. i would rather spawn longer then kicked and banned for droping a bomb on someone. think ABout it would ya

If your tking enough that the server is auto kicking you.... well then it is deserved. If you tk once or twice, or even 4 times you will not be kicked from a server. Not that I have seen at least. I have seen guys with -80 from tking (accident or not) a loaded jeep or chopper, and still not get kicked.

If you tk that much you might want to stick to single player or vBF2.

Clan Name: [:NET:]Boondock Saint
Pub Name: Determined
Old 02-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy_of_Blah
I would like to see kits being removed after you tk, but that is in addition to the current system. You tk someone with a sniper and you shouldn't be a sniper for that life. Tk with a bomber and you won't be doing any bombing runs for a little while.

But what you are complaining about is partially a server option, if not totally.

If you tk so much that you are being kicked -maybe it's still fresh in your mind- you are doing something very wrong.

Keep an eye on your score every now and then. If it starts getting low switch to medic, join a squad, and stop engaging targets before you had enough time to id them.

If I'm not mistaken (it wouldn't surprise me) a punish only adds a -2 pts. which isn't a lot.
What you are suggesting is already in place. You tk someone with a special kit, then try to pick up said kit, you will die.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
{GD}StevenGarcia

I think he meant that if you TK someone while you are using the Sniper kit, you lose the kit.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #9
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GD}StevenGarcia
I think he meant that if you TK someone while you are using the Sniper kit, you lose the kit.
That is just silly. The system in place will do its job as long as there is a TK cap in place on the server, OR there are active admins on at all times.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
Copy_of_Blah

Well I look at the kits as a reward. If you can't tell if someone is a friendly with a scoped sniper rifle and a minimap imo you shouldn't hold onto the kit.

If my SL get's ff and then I do, or another squad member dies, from the same asshat right afterwards then I feel as if the tker doesn't deserve any special items.

FF happens. Accidents happen. But there should be a penalty that really holds a person back from opening fire loosy-goosy - There needs to be a consequence.

One of the reasons I mentioned this is to lower the amount of tks as suggested from the OP. There are a lot of them going around.

I don't think the current system has covered this area thoroughly enough.

It's not as if this problem keeps me up at night or that I won't play anymore PR. I was just mentioning something that popped in my mind.

Screw up, then lose the kit sucker. But, if it's hardcoded well it wouldn't work anyway. Lucky for tkers.

I've played on servers where there was no admin and no kick vote option. The tker wasn't really restricted from tking either. I saw at least 6 tks in a row.
Even in a crap server like that there should be something new in PR that would penalize that guy. Whatever it is it should send a strong signal not to do that sort of thing.

Tags
punishment, system