project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
jackal22
Default what was the motivation for removing all spawn flags from ejod?

i just dont get it, on some maps it works well but ejod is all about city fighting, thats what made it so popular.

now you can only spawn at the main and at the sl beckons

really kills it, easpecially since all the actions going on in the city but you cannot place a spawn anywhere because of the radius on it,

pelase, either let the flags be spawnable or remove the radius from the sl beackons.

right now the only place you can put one is in the desert... and thats just a vanilla camp feast.

and apcs are of no use, they got beefed up but they still suck in the armour department... making them useless too.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
ArneHn

Word! Bring back the spawnpoints! =(
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

You can place rally points on the outskirts of the city and move in to fight in the city. This game is about squad based team work and not kill/death ratios so.. we don't care about an individual's ability to get back into the fight.. if he has a good squad leader, and a good set of squad members then it will be easy to keep the pressure on, in any spot.

Wasn't me.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
jackal22

it still disrupts the flow of the city fighting that made the map imo the most popular, you still have to trek 30 to 40 secs to the city center.

why cant you just make the flags spawnable? there is no reason not to.

so what if its cqc with a load of machine gun firing its a dam city map what do you expect?

Old 02-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

you should rely on your squad leaders, rally points and APCs for forward spawn points!

This is what makes the map soo damn good now, the fact that there is lots of area to flank and its not a constant frag fest!

This map has gone right up in my books, the old version I didnt find too good as there was no where to flank, and it was a constant head on frag fest that dose not apeal to me.....

Old 02-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #6
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

EJOD was pretty much the Karkand of PR in v0.4.. I enjoy it much more now.

I agree with Rhino and Maistros.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
luizinhuu

i LOVED SO MUCH removing spawns on flags. no more spawncamp, no more surprises when you're capturing a CP. it's absolutely perfect now i love u devs

Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
jackal22

yeh but come on rhino, there needs to be some diversity in the mod, it cant all be stealth and flanking, even irl there are situations where armies just have to battle it out head on,

and i disagree with the flanking part, a good sl in the old map could easily get behind enemy lines and act as a spawn with a little out of bounds work.

edit: its not a city map any more is what im trying to say, its a stealth sniper feast with a few random building in the middle and tank whores patrolling the desert...

all infantry comabt on it is as good as dead

Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal22
there is no reason not to.
- Spawncamping
- Predictability
- Less room for tactical decision making
- Players would be less dependent on Squad Leaders, spawning in anywhere they like and walking around one corner only to go prone and zap 5 guys.

Project Reality is not intended to be a fast paced "bang pow, wild west" frag fest. Unlike other games such as CS Source, or Hello Kitty. We enjoy the slow, tactical feel of PR as is. There are enough intense battles to fight, but the spoils should be awarded to the victors. As in, if you completely destroy a couple squads.. you should have the right to advance, and hold them back further instead of holding your position because you know they will all be back in the same spot within 30 seconds.

No thanks.

Wasn't me.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
Bob.Dob

Oh hell yeah! EJOD with the new Rally Point / APC spawn system is simply GOLDEN!

This map map finally really shines! The city is opened up, the desert around it is opened up, the flag capping radius's are properly restricted, the possibilities for tactical maneovres are finally there! This is definitely one map where AAS2 has truly proven itself!

http://operationreality.org - ArmA, FH2 and PR campaigns

Tags
ejod, flags, motivation, removing, spawn