project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
16 Jul 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Operation Thunder Map Feedback

post feedback! If you have a floater or another similar issue please provide position through minimap.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
VTRaptor

Default Re: Operation Thunder Map Feedback

Map looks very good, IMO it's better than Outpost and Shahadah all together as it's well optimized and feels like it's good for combined arms. I think we've got new, better Saaremaa.

As for the ballance - I'd personally change T72B1 to T90A on ALT, as PT91 gets thermals while T72B1 doesn't. Or even mix it up to look like 2x T72M1 + 1x PT 91 vs 2x T72B1 + 1x T90A.

STD on the other hand is different story. PL has alot more thermals and firepower while Russian assets seem to be there just to counter. Poland gets a thermal tank which is being countered by BRDM ATV, Poland gets F16, which is countered by 2 AAVs. Russians get 2 HINDs, but their average lifespan is very short, these are just looking good, nothing more. BUT HONESTLY? I like it that way, it feels good to have some diversity and let's call it: asymmetric balance. It could be used to balance the server with somewhat unbalanced layout.

And maybe change STD into ALT and vice versa, so it's clear that STD is balanced one, and ALT is polant stronk version.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
PatrickLA_CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Poland gets a thermal tank which is being countered by BRDM ATV, Poland gets F16, which is countered by 2 AAVs. Russians get 2 HINDs, but their average lifespan is very short, these are just looking good, nothing more..
Interesting, I found the hinds, especially the one with ATGMs a lot more dangerous than the F-16 which really depends a lot on lazes and has to rearm very often which takes long, also, it is easily taken out by the Tunguskas.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #4
VTRaptor

Hinds are more dangerous on paper, but in reality are easy target for everythig. Hind is simply a bullet magnet and POL doesn't really have to focus it at all, but if you want to kill F16, you need to actually focus on killing it - fielding AAV (or multiple AAVs) setting up AA emplacements - and even if you do everything right, and waste your resources on that one guy in a jet, good pilot going for a laze will always have huge chance to hit and run away.

But HINDs are fun IMO, and should stay. This layer might be unbalanced, but it's ok as long as there's the other, balanced layer.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
mries
Supporting Member

About the unbalance regarding thermals and armor. Could an interesting scenario be that Russians come with more lesspowered vehicles (btrs, brdms, some bmps, 1-2 T72) versus 'OP' polish thermal apcs and tanks but in lower quantity.
Simulating a rush advance of Russian mech inf against a defending Poland?

This can also justify the F16 support and the hinds as quick low profile assets.

So only add more btr or 1 bmp?

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
InfantryGamer42

I think this map is bit unbalanced,because after 20min everything goes to shit. I think posible fix whould be one more BTR-80A at start(possible norespawnble) which whould give Russianes chance to rush at start,and one more delayed BMP-2 which whould give Russian ground forces chance to effectivle fight those Polish IFV and tanks whitout help from CAS.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 PM   #7
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
I think this map is bit unbalanced,because after 20min everything goes to shit. I think posible fix whould be one more BTR-80A at start(possible norespawnble) which whould give Russianes chance to rush at start,and one more delayed BMP-2 which whould give Russian ground forces chance to effectivle fight those Polish IFV and tanks whitout help from CAS.
Which layer are you talking about?

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #8
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Which layer are you talking about?
Standard
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:16 PM   #9
DogACTUAL

Can't request kits from the polish repair station on skirmish std layer.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
mebel

I think this map could use a bit more sunlight like Sareemaa has
mebel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, map, operation, thunder