project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Jul 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
Ragnarok1775
Default M27 IAR

I swear to God I searched before posting this.

Since the USMC transitioned its ARs to the M27 (with SAWs still available at commander's discretion) and an M27 model already made by the community, any chance we could see this ingame in the future, maybe with the SAW as an alternate kit?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ragnarok1775 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: M27 IAR

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...w-weapons.html

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
Acecombatzer0

On a slightly different note I think the Mk12 as a squad level DMR was also retired for the M27IAR with a scope.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

There's a reasonable chance you'll see it in the future.

camo is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
Ragnarok1775

Rabbit, that's exactly the resource I was looking at before. And yes I believe the Mk12 was replaced by the M27 also.

Camo, how might that work with the SAW? Each company still has six of them, vs 28 of the M27. If the SAW is kept as an alternate kit, then would it always have an ACOG? What if someone wanted irons? Or vice versa? The SAW and M27 are supposed to use the same optic, which has a backup sight, but I don't think this is in PR.

The M27 is apparently going to replace the M4 also, for the USMC, which in turn replaced the M16. At that point (let's assume PR follows suit in real time) what advantage would an automatic rifleman have over anyone else? HK rifles are great and all, but it almost feels like they just replaced SAW gunners with riflemen and then gave everyone better rifles. No idea if the other M27s will be issued with bipods and SDO optics though. So would the AR kit end up being a rifleman who just carries a lot more ammo and a bipod?

On a related note, the Army is replacing M16s and M4s with the M4A1 (full auto instead of burst). This could be a welcome change, but some of the reasons for it don't apply to PR (inconsistent trigger pull issues because of the cam system for burst fire, etc). Might we also see this coming sometime in the future?

This might be treading into suggestions territory but I thought it wouldn't be right to make a new thread, please move it if appropriate. Just my opinion, I would like to see PR replace all the USMC M4/16 family with the M27 (except for crew, engineers, and so on) for "non-historic maps" like Muttrah etc, and the older kits for other maps. And trade the Army's M4s for M4A1s, maybe with a slight improvement to range and accuracy to account for improvements in ammunition. USMC ARs should have a M27 with bipod and extra ammo, with an alt SAW kit. Marksmen should have the M27 with a scope Not sure how the Marines do it, but when I was in the Army, our medics also carried M9s in addition to M4s.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1775 View Post
And trade the Army's M4s for M4A1s, maybe with a slight improvement to range and accuracy to account for improvements in ammunition.
M855A1? Highly debatable if its an actual improvement.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
Ragnarok1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
M855A1? Highly debatable if its an actual improvement.
Maybe not, but that's why I say maybe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
BlackGus

i thing the solution is M27 with 60 rounds mag....or 150 rounds mag

BlackGus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
Ragnarok1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGus View Post
i thing the solution is M27 with 60 rounds mag....or 150 rounds mag
I think it was suggested or tried, but I don't know the results. It's kinda ironic that we went from a mag fed AR (the BAR) in WW2, to the M60 (which wasn't a SAW but was used like one, actually meant to fill a GPMG role) and to the SAW, and now going back to the mag fed AR (M27). Which really isn't all that different from the Russians with the RPKs, internally they are basically the same as the AK family but with some heavier parts for sustained automatic fire etc. 50-rd mags would probably be the best choice for the M27 and is similar to the RPK also.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2018, 11:02 PM   #10
BubblyNinja

Maybe try getting in that sexy new issued M17/SIGP320 for those US Army officer kits?

I'll be willing to give a little sucky sucky if someone could make one

BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
iar, m27