project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
=MeRk= BluFFeR
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to =MeRk= BluFFeR Send a message via Skype™ to =MeRk= BluFFeR
Default KD Ratio Rushing

I can cope with the hackers (they can be caught) I can cope with the trolls (they can be removed) I can cope with the ban evaders ( they can be caught and removed) I can not cope with the shit rushing tactics that is ruining gameplay on every server PR has left.
The little gang on Frontliner,Alon,PacD,tyreenfslifsufoheyuf or what the fuck his name is,Matts4987539875983458347 and the rest.
You guys know the game better than anyone else, some of you make the game yet in most rounds you insist in ruining it,no wonder the the game is in decline.
You should be ambassadors to PR, show people how it is meant to be played. Maybe then rather than someone trying PR for the first time getting their arse handed on a plate they may think of joining a second time.
DEVs most of all should be proud of PR, why the fk you want to destroy it "just to get cheap kills" is beyond me,maybe you shouldnt be DEVs, Mats and Alon im talking about you!
For fucks sake how many steamrolls do you need to satisfy yourself,will it end? or will it only end when the mod is dead?
I am asking you all, as a fellow PR player please,enough is enough. PR has never been about the kills,COD supplies the K/D ratio.PR is about teamwork,having a good game and enjoying yourself.
Please take a step back for once and let server games mature into what we all want.Good honest teamwork playing a MOD we all love.

Take this as feedback,take this as a bitch, Reply by all means and to be honest I do not give a fuck about feeble excuses. Shit like this is ruining the MOD,ruining games and completely ruining the reputation of PR as a "teamwork" MOD.

CODPR 1.42
Old 12-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
Deadmanfoot

Default Re: KD Ratio Rushing

I think you should try CAS.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
Hunter291

Don't play on sever that allow first flag rush and wow ur problem is over. its tymoszenko very rude and I have never seen mats get above 40+ kills (sorry mats)
Old 12-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =MeRk= BluFFeR View Post
You guys know the game better than anyone else, some of you make the game yet in most rounds you insist in ruining it,no wonder the the game is in decline.
You should be ambassadors to PR, show people how it is meant to be played. Maybe then rather than someone trying PR for the first time getting their arse handed on a plate they may think of joining a second time.
DEVs most of all should be proud of PR, why the fk you want to destroy it "just to get cheap kills" is beyond me,maybe you shouldnt be DEVs, Mats and Alon im talking about you!
For fucks sake how many steamrolls do you need to satisfy yourself,will it end? or will it only end when the mod is dead?
Yes, they know that you won't expect them to first flag rush 4 rounds in a row. Heres an idea, if you see them on a team. Expect the rush and push and APC/Tank/INF squad that doesn't lick windows and get them to hold the rush off. Or better yet, just play on a server that has a first flag rush rule if you don't like it(im guessing you've been playing on HOG a bunch huh) or gitgud.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

Rushing is fun, effective for your team and other than some unbalanced maps, not hard to counter or stop. If it's such an issue either the teams as a whole need to be rebalance or teams need to wake up and stop thinking the first 5 minutes of the game is a free period. I love rushing, and I also love laughing at people thinking it's easy or always effective, trying to copy the tactic and failing, then costing their team valuable assets.

Other than the main bases I believe PR should be played as a 360 battlespace, and you should expect contact everywhere, but too many people play as a boring no tactics head on fight.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Bluffer, I really don't want to say this to you because I respect you very much, same with all the other Merkies, but let's be clear about one thing about your clan: You don't play to win with them, you play to play. Now, I personally don't have any issues with that, never did, but if you're coming to me and tell me how I should play the damn game, that's when I'm telling you to stop. Your way of playing the game is not the only way - just because you are completely desinterested in playing to win doesn't mean that everybody, heck anybody, has to also play with half of his/her brain in derp mode.

With that out of the way, let's also be clear about two other things regarding HOG in particular:
1. HOG, especially during the European afternoon, is a complete mess in terms of balance. A group of 3 players can easily carry an entire team on their backs because hardly anybody else teamworks, wants to teamwork, understands teamwork or is even interested in playing correctly.
2. We, the players, are not obliged to play like utter dogshit in order to have the server experience the miracle of balanced gameplay. In fact, just today, a few maps after you left BASED crashed, causing people to join HOG which had about 60 players at that time. All of a sudden the round that followed was noticeably more balanced, without me playing like trash(to be fair, it didn't help that my squad wasn't playing much with me at all, but oh well, happens).

Long story short, it doesn't matter what you do, HOG during the European afternoon is imbalanced the moment you join the server.

Regarding the AIDS rushing on Burning Sands you accuse us of:
Yesterday I admit that was us rushing with the Hyperdrive Challengers. But it is also true that your squad was the only one to suffer because of it and we endangered our team's victory chances by being one tank down. That you decide to bitch and moan instead of making your tank squad understand that they are now able to run circles around anything the British have to offer is your mentality kicking in: Blame anyone who doesn't play according to how you think they should play instead of making the best of it. At the end of the day you're being salty that you happened to be on the receiving end of a rush; whether or not the game was lost by that point doesn't matter to you.

Today on the other hand you don't even understand what you're talking about. We anticipated the enemy tanks to be aggressive(like we were a day ago) and had our tanks standing back a fair bit. If you anticipate the rush it's only half as effective, and if your enemy has newbies gunning even more so. So what are we supposed to do? Retire our assets every single round because both teams with the exception of a few players outside our groups are shit-for-brains and nobody builts TOWs? The Brits had two FOBs up over the course of the game, one killed by our tanks and the other one I stumbled upon by accident while it was being constructed by one guy as opposed to a squad. But that is probably impossible on HOG during a European afternoon.

Regarding some of your quotes:

Quote:
The little gang on Frontliner,Alon,PacD,tyreenfslifsufoheyuf or what the fuck his name is,Matts4987539875983458347 and the rest.
Liam is sad to notice he wasn't mentioned

Quote:
"How it's meant to be played according to me.", right? With half of your brain turned off?

Or is it "how you play this game properly"? Because that's what I'm doing every single day in this game, I strategize, I organize, I recon, I lead, I suggest, I anticipate, and I'm doing all of that for more than just my own squad. How often do you see me chat over the course of a game, you think I'm not teaching people how this game works by virtue of example? Never noticed that? I guess people take the proper intel they get from me for granted, whereas on most other servers the teams(both of them!) are almost completely oblivious to what's going on outside of their squad unless EZ UAV is in the air.

"Oh no, I lost this round, I'm never going to play this again" - literally the type of people you'd never want in your game except on the other team.

Quote:
maybe you shouldnt be DEVs, Mats and Alon im talking about you!
Being upset is one thing Bluffer, being retarded is another. Don't go full retard just because you're upset.

Quote:
PR is about teamwork,having a good game and enjoying yourself.
Yeah exactly. Just don't dare tell me what's my fun supposed to be like.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Old 12-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #7
inb4banned

This is the ideal PR strategy! You may not like it but this is what PEAK teamwork looks like.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:28 PM   #8
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You don't play to win with them, you play to play.
This was perfect, your post was already made with that point, at least to me. It's so true and hits the nail on the head.

Good players get good because they play either for the win, for the kills, or both. It is a game, still, although realism based.

Most of us older players remember seeing the effectiveness and heightened level of gameplay when OD-S started showing the community what the mixture of teamwork and win-oriented gameplay could achieve, in versions 0.87-0.97. That was teamwork and high level of gameplay mixed with the reality-aspect of the game.

I got rekt by them a lot, but after I was done being mad at someone being better than me, I started to look for ways to fight them, instead of complaining on forums.

PR at its best doesn't look like TP (milsim stacking) or sN1 (not mobile/adaptive enough). PR at its best looks more like OD-S at their peak, ruthless and skilled, but fair.

If these clans that ragequit after getting rekt by tank or APC, or can't play insurgency, started learning how to use HAT, TOW, etc. and some more innovative tactics, they wouldn't have to ragequit so much anymore.

Also, admittedly, the level of players skill decreased so much because there are no skilled SLs anymore to teach grunts how to play better. That, the older players could do more often to pass some wisdom along and increase playerbase skill.

tl;dr Solution is to take off the kiddie gloves and learn from those who beat you, instead of just playing to play.

Edit: To you, Bluffer, start learning how to do armor, it'll help you. Hell, I can even teach you. You'll even play as INF against armor much better once you understand how deadly it can be. I'm not trying to insult, just trying to help you understand. Your clan isn't nearly as afraid of armor as they should be, same goes for many other clans and generally anyone who plays inf.

I played with you on Muttrah in the T building, with beast and scorpion both on elevated locations with direct sight to your T building, yet nobody in the squad paid attention to staying away from the windows and let the HAT work its magic. Everyone got shot in the same stack by beast's HE rounds, with me catching the same collateral from the dummies jumping in the windows. I killed the scorpion later on when I got the HAT, and it was seriously not difficult.

You had the tools necessary to win, but chose to not use them in the best possible way (everyone hide, HAT fire from the roof where he can't be splashed on with HE).

Armor can be a bitch, but it's only like that if you let it. Even as infantry without the weapons to destroy it, you can limit its effectiveness very well by simply doing a few things right. Same works for CAS in most maps, although I admit some maps are entirely shit, like Kashan and Bijar (exl. city layout), and should be removed.

The only reason armor/CAS hit 50+ regularly, compared to 0.98, is that infantry isn't healthily afraid of them anymore.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 12-24-2017 at 09:36 PM..
Old 12-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
[R-DEV]UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =MeRk= BluFFeR View Post
Shit like this is ruining the MOD,ruining games and completely ruining the reputation of PR as a "teamwork" MOD
Rushing does not require (a lot) of teamwork. Counter-rushing does. Therefore what ruins the reputation of PR is the lack of players that are able to predict that they're gonna be rushed and counter that.

I remember the "glorious" days where CAS-huey would strafe the main street on Muttrah and get the entire team there. I also remember good players avoiding that street and/or deploying AA almost instantly (spoiler alert: that usually did the work).

I agree that, in this version, are specific maps/assets that are broken (regarding rushing matter), but that's not what this thread is about.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
Old 12-24-2017, 11:50 PM   #10
Jack_Howitzer

Who determines what's the right way to play PR? I myself don't either target fancy k/d at the end of the round, instead I ALWAYS aim to outcap the enemy team if possible, as it is the fastest and usually most effective way to end a game. Also, IMO, it's the ultimate objective in AAS. I haven't really cared about k/d in the last few years even though at the moment, getting big k/d with assets or infantry is easiest that it has ever been.

But people complaining about other players farming kills: all you need to do to stop them from getting a shit-ton of kills if it bothers you! Don't be a god damn target, kill the adversary! PR is an incredible game for the reason that on every problem, there is a cure. CAS rapes you -> build AA. Armor rapes you -> build TOW. Etc. etc. Even if some kits or FOB assets gets nerfed, you can still for example build two superfobs to combine their TOW/AA firepower, or use LAT/MANPAD/CE kits in conjuction to prevent enemy assets from annihilating you. If that doesn't work, you can hide and not hang around in the open and get killed by enemies. Works especially well against CAS.

The problem isn't really the k/d hunters, it's the stupid people at the other end of the barrel. Players refuse to build proper super FOBs on asset maps, don't use anti-asset kits properly, can't take cover and offer themselves as an easy target for enemy assets, and even for infantry. The tools to take out enemy assets are there, but people are too lazy and stupid to use them, thus get punished for it, and for a god damn good reason.

Also, no-one ever considers hiding from enemy assets when there is absolutely no means to kill it. This used to be standard tactic back in the day; if your own assets were dead and there was no means to kill enemy assets, then you hide inside cover until friendly assets/kits spawned and could be used. Now people just spawn in FOBs, run towards enemy tanks and get mowed down in numbers.

I don't think PR should be a game where people can run around carelessly as infantry with no concern of enemy assets, and get away with it. That's not how it should work, and that's now how it works in real life either. If you have (heavy) assets in the map, every infantry squad should take that into account at the first second when leaving main base. Not building a super FOBs in asset maps is just a ticket to destination fucked.
Last edited by Jack_Howitzer; 12-25-2017 at 12:01 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
ratio, rushing