project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Default Dovre. Southern Hills.

Southern Hills should be removed from the map. On southern layout it gives so much superiority to Netherlands it's unbearable. Light APC with thermals annihilates everything within couple of minutes.
Last edited by assetruler69; 11-27-2017 at 02:28 AM..
Old 11-26-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
Acecombatzer0

Default Re: Dovre. Southern Hills.

Sounds like you just a bad round 5 minutes before this post tbh

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:44 AM   #3
assetruler69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombatzer0 View Post
Sounds like you just a bad round 5 minutes before this post tbh
That's what happened. But for some reason southern layout is rare.

On this round we've lost like 35% of online.

Problem of that hills is that they're not accesible from the northen side. It's easy for Netherlands to get up there but for Russia it is a very steep hill. In order to get up there you would have to go around that hill and climb it in the middle of the map, being spotted by everything because it's an open space between that hill and middle of the map. But Netherlands can get there by crawling next to a punish zone staying almost invisible for troops on the ground.
Last edited by assetruler69; 11-26-2017 at 04:52 AM..
Old 11-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by assetruler69 View Post
Problem of that hills is that they're not accessible from the northen side. It's easy for Netherlands to get up there but for Russia it is a very steep hill. In order to get up there you would have to go around that hill and climb it in the middle of the map, being spotted by everything because it's an open space between that hill and middle of the map. But Netherlands can get there by crawling next to a punish zone staying almost invisible for troops on the ground.
??????

viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

I think bigger issue is simply that Russians are facing 5 vehicles with a CROWS system. Need to rethink vehicle balance. Anway, this is map feedback.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
assetruler69

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
??????
Make a video of climbing there on a BRDM.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #7
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
I think bigger issue is simply that Russians are facing 5 vehicles with a CROWS system. Need to rethink vehicle balance. Anway, this is map feedback.
1 bushmaster
1 fennek
1 boxer

vs

2x brdm-2
1x btr80

???
profit

would be better, until the moment we get dutch CV9035 in year 2025

Quote:
Make a video of climbing there on a BRDM.
You are not live up to your farum name )))

For small amount of payment $5 dolar i teach you how to opereit aset veri gud in privat lesson)))

But yes, even if you drive both BRDM-2 and BTR-60 there on the hills they wont be able to do half of what a single bushmaster crows can with a good crew. Despite the fact that they have their fancy HE rounds vs .50cals

No thermals vs thermals on a bush/forest map is just not balanced. I don't really care if the BTR-60/BRDM-2 wins the Bushmaster or Boxer in 1v1 combat. The difference of effectiveness against enemy infantry if left unopposed is just abysmal between those vehicles.

You can't seriously think its balanced if you put a Boxer/Stryker facing BTR-60/80 or MTLB 30mm vs LAV-25 like in Khamisiyah. For every thermal asset there should be 2 non-thermal assets or a much better non-thermal asset like a BMP-2.

Actually one of the biggest issues with balance between russia vs anything else is that no Russian APCs have thermals anymore.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 11-26-2017 at 06:54 PM..
Old 11-27-2017, 12:20 AM   #8
assetruler69

Quote:
You are not live up to your farum name )))
It's in ironical sense.

Quote:
For small amount of payment $5 dolar i teach you how to opereit aset veri gud in privat lesson)))
Still way too much time. Eastern side of the hill is not as steep as it is on the North-West. Well at least it was much easier for me to go up top on the boxer than on the brdm.
Last edited by assetruler69; 11-27-2017 at 01:42 AM..
Old 11-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
It's in ironical sense.

Still way too much time. Eastern side of the hill is not as steep as it is on the North-West. Well at least it was much easier for me to go up top on the boxer than on the brdm.
It's very easy and quick if you take the route I used with the BRDM-2 in my video, the route I used with BTR60 is not as easy.

Can you just admit you were wrong about that specific point and come up with arguments about for example the asset layout, which is the real problem?
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #10
assetruler69

Quote:
It's very easy and quick if you take the route I used with the BRDM-2 in my video, the route I used with BTR60 is not as easy.

Can you just admit you were wrong about that specific point and come up with arguments about for example the asset layout, which is the real problem?
Nah. It's much simplier to stick with the original one. Honestly I should say that I myself have never tried to go up there. LMAO. That is what I have been told.

And yeah maybe it's about asset balance mainly.

PS. You could easily be using some launcher fix trickery as you always do to film that demonstartion.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dovre, hills, southern