project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
mammikoura
Default spawn time suggestion

So currently every time you die you get +1 second to the spawn time.
How about making it +2 or +3 seconds instead of just +1?

This would make staying alive even more important, and would encourage people to try and stay alive. Right now if you die 10 times it's just 10 seconds more, which really isn't that much. If it would be changed to 3 seconds then getting killed 10 times would add 30s, so people would really start thinking before getting themselves killed.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
lonelyjew

I never even noticed... It's not a bad idea, but I'm reluctant to give up more gameplay time.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
Wipeout

read my corpsman review.. If that goes threw then there's a better chance of being revived and less time being dead.. And ignored..

Old 02-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Engineer

Yeah, I would too like to see more careful approach to battlefield. But this might lead to unwanted stationary war as well, where two sides hold their positions without moving anywhere. Also, in some maps you really need to die several times to get something done, punishing too much for trying is not a good option either.

So, if possible, there should be a way to reverse the 'death' penalty too. Like capping enemy flag would take 10 seconds away from everyones spawn time.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Mekstizzle

Yeah, if you get killed whilst capping the penalty isn't as much! Hey, that's a pretty good idea.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
{GD}StevenGarcia

I'm in favor of any suggestion that would increase spawn times.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
[uBp]Irish

i'm not. there are times when you spawn on a flag and die instantly. So you then spawn on yoru SL, where you then die instantly via a spawncamper. Most of you are going to say well.. dont spawn there, but for the sake of gameplay, it is annoying when you spawn, die, wait 30+ secs, and then die again, only to know you've just waisted a minute of gameplay. I see the point of having 30 sec. spawn times, and i commend PR for doing such a revolutionary move to enhance the gameplay from the inclusion point of view, but anything over 40+ secs is just rediculous.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
TomBabmo

Even longer respawn time?? Excuse me, but that's BS. Sometimes I die several times in a row no matter how careful I am (special thanks to snipers) and if respawn time would be stretched even longer then I'm going back to vanilla for sure... It is annoyingly long already and fine, IMO.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
Leo

Hmm, I wonder if you could make it cut the spawn time by 20 seconds if you die within 5 seconds of spawning.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish
Most of you are going to say well.. dont spawn there, but for the sake of gameplay, it is annoying when you spawn, die, wait 30+ secs, and then die again, only to know you've just waisted a minute of gameplay.
Oh my God. A whole minute? I had no idea...

Tags
spawn, suggestion, time