project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 11-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator
Default New lasing system

Only playing with it for a few days and really seeing it's use from flying once, I really like it so far and I think it's implementation has been pretty big free and working as intended. It makes cas/spotters more powerful against moving vehicles, but also balanced by breaking LOS, or suppression.

Anyone have any changes they want to see to it? I think it's pretty perfect as is
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #2
solidfire93
Default Re: New lasing system

its more fun to bomb shit with this new laze system, that day i was in an A10 and my spotter died but still knew where the laze was and i manually bombed the area... a good spotter is going to be deadly....
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:02 AM   #3
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

One bug that is worse than we thought is the client measuring line of sight from the center and not from the camera, so the person lasing doesn't see the laser on the UI, but you should know it's just visuals and the pilots will see it.

Second one is lack of lag compensation, I've wrote something to help with it, but we need to test that it's not too heavy to do through python. https://youtu.be/zLDQavg2CBo?t=53 Shot with actual kiwi ping.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
DogACTUAL

I like the new lase system, but i miss being able to take cover. Wish there was a way to set up your GTLD with a tripod or something and have it lase a specific spot.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #5
Aleon

Tbh your target being lazed without line of sight broke lazing as a whole. If you were being lazed, your only option was to run as far as possible and/or find cover where the aircraft can't possibly shoot you. Now the spotter at least has to expose themselves, so there is interaction to be had with the target. Which is good.

Sure, in this regard lazing became more difficult, but over all it's still easier, since when you laze, it just works. No silly laze travel time, not sticking, etc. It's a lot more fair overall.

Last edited by Aleon; 11-03-2017 at 10:37 AM..
Old 11-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

Dog, in what situation irl would you made a target, but not keep eyes on in case the target moves, changes or one of a million things change when you're calling in explosives on an area you no longer have eyes on.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
viirusiiseli
Banned

It's a very balanced and from my limited experience so far, working solution. Good job
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:43 AM   #8
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Old lazing system had all sorts of bullshit. Like you could roll up on a spotter and kill him, but have him laze you before he died and getting bombed anyways.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
DogACTUAL

Would be nice if you could deploy the GTLD with a tripod like you can deploy mines or emplacements, but with it only being able to lase the direction you last pointed it at. It should be easy to destroy of course.

Just saying, don't freak out please, overall i really like the new system, but i would like to lase a super FOB without getting shot at constantly.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 11-04-2017 at 11:42 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
PatrickLA_CA

Then simply pull up and laze when the jet is approaching.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lasing, system