project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
Lugi
Default Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

As we know, rifleman AP is the least used kit ingame (except in some Russian insurgency maps, in where it comes with a scoped rifle). So a small change that would make it a bit more viable would be to remove the arming time on the detonator.
In before someone says real detonators have such arming time - in real life you can arm the detonator and just set it aside and use it immediately when needed, in PR you cannot.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
bahiakof
Default Re: Remove the arming time on rifleman's AP detonator

The Rifleman AP (conventional faction) kit is useless. It would be best if it were activated by wire, or if you had the option to choose both modes: Wire or Remote (the reality is like this).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Heavy Death

I agree, the "arming" time can easily be removed for gameplay, maybe to counteract, add some seconds to the deployment of claymore. It would represent the dug in defense better IMO.

Wire operated is kinda meh. Reminds me of the BF2 claymores on the top of the ladders.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
Spitfire1.2

I up for wired claymores, maybe one remote operated mine and one "victim-operated"?
Spitfire1.2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Jabil_One
Banned

landmines or mines in generally, that arent remote detonated are banned from conventional methods of warfare.
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
LEGIYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
The Rifleman AP (conventional faction) kit is useless. It would be best if it were activated by wire, or if you had the option to choose both modes: Wire or Remote (the reality is like this).
I played on Fools Road,theres a hospital building that has underground part on Estate which is pretty hard to go through when nmy is camping there.
Soultion,place ap mine at the very edge(so it falls down) activate it and clears all nmies.
Pretty cool use of it

LEGIYA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

I mean, claymores are really strong, they have a super large blast radius. When they are used right they can be really powerful. I think making them easier will make them a pain in the ass to deal with for everyone.
e.g.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #8
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
I mean, claymores are really strong, they have a super large blast radius. When they are used right they can be really powerful. I think making them easier will make them a pain in the ass to deal with for everyone.
e.g.
Yup, all those PR videos on youtube and only one showing killing someone with claymore, and the kill is just for lulz. Sums the effectiveness of rifleman AP just about right.

In my 7 years of playing PR I've seen this kit being used once

to teamkill 15+ friendlies at the carrier on Muttrah
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #9
Hunter291

ever played ins?
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #10
QuickLoad

of the few times(maybe 7) that i've ordered a guy to use rifleman AP or used AP myself is:

1. scoped rifle like many have said, can be used as an offensive marksman who can figh effectively close quarters, and when they're compromised they can set up defenses within seconds and inflict many casulties.

2. defensively used on a long chokepoint(like a hallway or a gap in a fence) that couldn't be holed up already.

I had a really far forward superFOB on muttrah city, wired everything up but left a hole that had zig-zagging barbed wire(you'd have to run through 3 layers in order to get in), at the end I put a claymore and multiple tripwires inside of those 3 wires, so any hostiles running in would not only have to get through 3 layers(would take a good 4 seconds) but also attract enough attention where one could detonate the claymore.

well, the MEC soldiers never came in and we moved out a couple minutes later.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
arming, detonator, remove, rifleman, time