project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
Michael Z Freeman
Default Fix released for Commander artillery in Coop/SP ?

Hi. I have not tested this.

Auto Artillery(AI commander) plugin addon - Battlefield 2 - Mod DB

Auto Artillery(AI commander) plugin file - Battlefield 2 - GameFront

AI Commander for 1.5 - Battlefield SinglePlayer Forum

I hope the PR Coop/SP devs can have a look at this as this would be pretty cool in PR. It would (could?) also give back the objective of destroying commander radar to prevent commander artillery (as it's done by satellite). I can't remember if this works the same in PR but suspect it can be done by destroying the commander truck and tent.

So I suspected this could be done using Python (I think the add-on is just Python and not an exe hack) but never had time to delve into the Python files.

Watch out PR bots and Coop players; just maybe, watch the skies !

Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
Jabil_One
Banned
Default Re: Fix released for Commander artillery in Coop/SP ?

You dont call in the artilery sofar i understood. It's like an random generated arty for both sides.
I also read its cause massive lags.
Its not the same arty like the BF2 ai commander one before patch 1.5. I would say its equivalent with the botmortars but needs more ressources. The botmortars cause much less lags and ressources but more tk's.

But respect for the work for singleplayer/coop.
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
Michael Z Freeman

No, but look at the discussion on BFSP. It replicates the behaviour of vanilla AI Commander when he watches positions. When it used to work (pre 1.5 patch) if you stayed in one position the AI Commander would eventually send in an artillery strike. I seem to remember that you could combat this by hiding undercover somewhere so he could not see you on satellite. He would also attack a CP once it started being taken.

The lag could be bugs that need fixing.

Yes, the PR mortars are cool! But not quite as dramatic as a full arty strike even if they are nasty little buggers.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Jabil_One
Banned

You could tweak the mortars so that they firing artillery shells or subartic low flying tactical nukes

I was more talking about the SYSTEM that is used.

The arty fix is a massive pythonscript that run in background and makes it false true decisions.

The mortar is an stationary weapon operated by a bot so practically using the standard game mechanics.
That's also a reason why they are so cool. No special magic extra super codelines.
So simple.

Running this pythonscript AND PR's gamemechanics/gamemode scripts what you think would happen performance-wise and only to have all 2-3 minutes some powerfull explosions on the map?

I could code a super artillery that has the same effect. I create a simple dummy stationary weapon that fires an arty shell projectil and setup the camera position with topdown view (like sitting in the satelite) 500 meters midair on a map with 1000 meter viewdistance. The bot spawns in, looking down and shoot as soon he see an enemy.
Same could be done with rockettechie. I did it with USI's bm21 but the angle of the launchertubes are to much restricted and i'm totally noob in rotationalbundles. I wasn't able to change it but it was already a pure missile inferno when you park it on tophill.
Last edited by Jabil_One; 09-07-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
Michael Z Freeman

OK, I hear what you're saying. At least this shows it's possible. Maybe the Python could be made a lot more less intensive. Anyway I need to try out the add-on before I say anything else.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #6
Michael Z Freeman

So this appears to have been updated with a possibly faster script. I'm also seeing references to modifying the bf2 executable that mentions artillery so I wonder if it could be hacked back (with supply drops as well although I'm not sure PR even had that) ...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/4146736/C...r-hack-for-BF2

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/b...5-offsets.html

Tags
artillery, commander, coop or sp, fix, released