project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Xiangshan - Central Bridge

The Central Bridge flag's cap radius should be increased from 100 meters to at least 150, if not 200. At its current radius you are forced to be up against the bridge with only a few bushes and a ditch for cover, whereas increasing it would allow for effective offensive and defensive positions. This would benefit the gameplay whenever the flag is in play.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

[R-DEV]Outlawz7's Avatar
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Sure, but I could also argue that you don't need to be on a flag to defend said flag.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:36 AM   #3
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
The Central Bridge flag's cap radius should be increased from 100 meters to at least 150, if not 200. At its current radius you are forced to be up against the bridge with only a few bushes and a ditch for cover, whereas increasing it would allow for effective offensive and defensive positions. This would benefit the gameplay whenever the flag is in play.
I think thats not good idea. Like dev sad you dont need to be in flag radius to defende flag(actually staying on flag whould be big mistake). You need to be outside,in bushes trying to kill any enemy attacking from other side(good think whould be to have friendly armour support you). In other situation,if your team is controling both sides of river you should try to stay on west(China) or east(French) side(whit FOB on other side) and ambushe any enemy inf squad trying to push to flag.
Not that if you whant to defend that flag for long time you NEED to destroy bridge!!!!! If you destroy bridge you can really incrise your chanse of defendinf flag. From my expirience I found that ONE INF squad can defende flag whit support of one APC leaving rest of team to:
?defende both flanks of INF squad defening bridge(again really easy)
?attack next enemy flag in full force(note that this is really risky to do in first 20-30 min of game,but in late game it can be done really easy.
NOTE: I even one time puled out defence of bridge whit only one Chinese APC for 5 min against 2 enemy INF squads until friendly INF squad finnaly came and relive us.

If you whant to capture flag,you need to storm other side(INF squad+APC crossing bridge whit support of other squad and tank on your side of river,best combination for attacking that flag). That makey unicy gameplay(I really cant remember any other bridge flag which forse you to controll both sides of river).

If flag radius whould be increse gameplay on this flag whould be change:
1. Holl point of this flag whould be change. Right now you need to control both sides of river for you to say this flag is captured. If you hold only one side it gives you uniky fill of unserty because everything can change in just few minutes(from victory to lost match). That forse both teams not to camp but to move,to react to enemy move and to make there moves. That bringes me to 2. point.
2. If flag radis would be incrise,this flag would becaume camp fast. Like I sad for you to capture this flag,you need to storm other side,secure it and than capture flag. If flag radius would be incrise, we will be stack in situation were you dont need to control both sides,becuase you can just bringe holl team on one side and capture flag. That would actually make this map a lot worse from gameplay point. It would forse both teams to commit full force to capture this flag and thats something which doesnt happend right now. It would force 100 players in area of 400x400. I can say right now,that would not be fun. That bringes me to next point.
3. Right now you dont need fo comitte holl team on this flag. Thats actually really good,because if as defender lose flag,there is always some force which can counterattack enemy forces which just cross river. And we all now that easyest way to destroy enemy force which just landed on beatch is to attack them on beatch. That make this flag unicy because you always fight for that flag(I saw battles were both teams attack and counterattack each other for holl game and that was really fun). Whit incrise flag radius that would not happend,because:
1.You need to commite full force.
2. If one side lose fight on bridge it would most probably lose all its assets and most squads would
need to respawn and than move back to flag(or more probably start defening next flag becausa there
would probaly not be any chanse to counterattack.
That bringes me to last point
4. Lost of this flag whould probably mean lost of holl game for that team. Right now,like I sad, both teams dont need to commite full force on bridge. That means more squaf can flank and do other staff. If you losse flag there is allways some squad which can counterattack and stabilasy situation.
In case if flag radius is incrise you will,like I sad, need to commit more to attack/defense of flag. One team which lose that fight would preatty much lose everything(assets,many players whould need to respawn,FOBs). That all would have big inpact on points of that team,so they would be force to only defende to end of game if they wont chanse for win.
So I would suggest to devs to not change flag radius because that would make gameplay worst from what we have right now.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:40 AM   #4
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
I think thats not good idea. Like dev sad you dont need to be in flag radius to defende flag(actually staying on flag whould be big mistake). You need to be outside,in bushes trying to kill any enemy attacking from other side(good think whould be to have friendly armour support you). In other situation,if your team is controling both sides of river you should try to stay on west(China) or east(French) side(whit FOB on other side) and ambushe any enemy inf squad trying to push to flag.
Not that if you whant to defend that flag for long time you NEED to destroy bridge!!!!! If you destroy bridge you can really incrise your chanse of defendinf flag. From my expirience I found that ONE INF squad can defende flag whit support of one APC leaving rest of team to:
?defende both flanks of INF squad defening bridge(again really easy)
?attack next enemy flag in full force(note that this is really risky to do in first 20-30 min of game,but in late game it can be done really easy.
NOTE: I even one time puled out defence of bridge whit only one Chinese APC for 5 min against 2 enemy INF squads until friendly INF squad finnaly came and relive us.

If you whant to capture flag,you need to storm other side(INF squad+APC crossing bridge whit support of other squad and tank on your side of river,best combination for attacking that flag). That makey unicy gameplay(I really cant remember any other bridge flag which forse you to controll both sides of river).

If flag radius whould be increse gameplay on this flag whould be change:
1. Holl point of this flag whould be change. Right now you need to control both sides of river for you to say this flag is captured. If you hold only one side it gives you uniky fill of unserty because everything can change in just few minutes(from victory to lost match). That forse both teams not to camp but to move,to react to enemy move and to make there moves. That bringes me to 2. point.
2. If flag radis would be incrise,this flag would becaume camp fast. Like I sad for you to capture this flag,you need to storm other side,secure it and than capture flag. If flag radius would be incrise, we will be stack in situation were you dont need to control both sides,becuase you can just bringe holl team on one side and capture flag. That would actually make this map a lot worse from gameplay point. It would forse both teams to commit full force to capture this flag and thats something which doesnt happend right now. It would force 100 players in area of 400x400. I can say right now,that would not be fun. That bringes me to next point.
3. Right now you dont need fo comitte holl team on this flag. Thats actually really good,because if as defender lose flag,there is always some force which can counterattack enemy forces which just cross river. And we all now that easyest way to destroy enemy force which just landed on beatch is to attack them on beatch. That make this flag unicy because you always fight for that flag(I saw battles were both teams attack and counterattack each other for holl game and that was really fun). Whit incrise flag radius that would not happend,because:
1.You need to commite full force.
2. If one side lose fight on bridge it would most probably lose all its assets and most squads would
need to respawn and than move back to flag(or more probably start defening next flag becausa there
would probaly not be any chanse to counterattack.
That bringes me to last point
4. Lost of this flag whould probably mean lost of holl game for that team. Right now,like I sad, both teams dont need to commite full force on bridge. That means more squaf can flank and do other staff. If you losse flag there is allways some squad which can counterattack and stabilasy situation.
In case if flag radius is incrise you will,like I sad, need to commit more to attack/defense of flag. One team which lose that fight would preatty much lose everything(assets,many players whould need to respawn,FOBs). That all would have big inpact on points of that team,so they would be force to only defende to end of game if they wont chanse for win.
So I would suggest to devs to not change flag radius because that would make gameplay worst from what we have right now.
Not even reading this wall of text...
You HAVE to be in cap radius to defend a flag otherwise 2 sneaky guys might cap it when your troops are heading for the next one.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #5
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
Not even reading this wall of text...
You HAVE to be in cap radius to defend a flag otherwise 2 sneaky guys might cap it when your troops are heading for the next one.
First tell me why would somebody live cappable flag undefendet?
Next,2 guys cant hide any were on that flag if one squad sites in bushes and watch flag area. I start beleving that you dont know about which flag we talk. Those 2 guys cant stay on there side of river(in cap range),because they dont have any cover,they cant cross bridge,because they would die,they can swim across and hide under bridge,but they would again die before they get across. So, If 2 guys cant hide any were and try to cap,where would you place full squad which should defende that same flag? I can tell you that they would die in less than 2 min,in best they would survive for max 5 min if they stay on flag. Much better(for both teams) is to use bushes for defence which are outside of flag,but from which you can shot on anybody which is insade flag area. That way you will not lose lives and still will be ably to defende flag.
And there is no rule which sayes that you cant defende flag from outside of flag cap range..
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Heavy Death
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Yes, you don't have to be on the flag to defend, which would also be way more reasonable to be in the distance not standing on the bridge. But if you kill people from the distance, they shit out a rally or respawn on a fob in 10 seconds, know where you are, fuck you up and that's that. Deep gameplay.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
HeneraLuna
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

So sad that some servers won't play in this map. Hence , they only circulate around mutt,fallujah,some sandy maps. I really loved playing on this map.

[SIGPIC]http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic96944_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
HeneraLuna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

[R-DEV]Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
Not even reading this wall of text...
You HAVE to be in cap radius to defend a flag otherwise 2 sneaky guys might cap it when your troops are heading for the next one.
Extending the flag radius to include some of the bushes on the shore would actually make this worse. Right now those two sneaky guys have to be in the open. With just couple more meters they get to sit in thick bushes where even thermals dont help.
If you want bigger cap radius, it has to be real big so sneak capping is harder and you dont have to sit in one specific spot to defend. Like 300m+. Then the cap radius would take care of having to control the area to cap.


Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
[R-DEV]Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #9
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr's Avatar
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

Then make it smaller. So that you CAN'T sit in bushes/cover on one side and cap, and you have to gain complete control over the area to capture the flag.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #10
Singh408
Default Re: Xiangshan - Central Bridge

I don't give a shit about the bridge cap but can we get a Z-10 on this map?
Singh408 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
bridge, central, xiangshan
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality