project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
Aleon
Default Repairing helicopters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Updated engineer repair kit to no longer repair choppers.
So I just realized this was in 1.4.10, and I'm kinda sad and confused at the same time. What's the rationale behind this? I would accept that engineers repairing helicopters is not the most realistic aspect of the game, but
  1. It created a lot of cool and fun moments.
  2. Was pretty much the only point for helicopters to be landable after taking critical damage.

With the recent repair changes the only way to repair a helicopter in the field is using at least two logies. Otherwise even the lowest amount of burn damage is faster than the repairs. I find this super disappointing, as the chance of having two logies available is ridiculously small. Previous to these changes, good teamwork meant damaged helicopters could be saved. Choosing to repair in the field was a possible choice with it's own risks as opposed to just burning straight for base when you get damaged. I kinda don't even see the point of the bleed damage at this point, just make the poor birds blow up and be done with it.

I would really appreciate some insight into why this was changed, because as far as I can see the helicopter gameplay suffers on multiple fronts with no upside*. I really much would like to see this change re-considered.

Edit: To clarify, pre 1.4.10 neither a repair station nor an engineer could repair helicopters on their own. You needed both. Which was reasonable because if you had either one, you at least had time to ask for help and get the other.

*And no, muh realism can not possibly be an upside, helicopters in PR have nothing to do with realism.

Last edited by Aleon; 06-28-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
X-Alt
Default Re: Reparining helicopters

Let one logi repair it, but make the combat engi repair even slower.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #3
mectus11
Project Reality Beta Tester

It seems that the focus of the updates lately has been removing aspects about this game that were fun in exchange for muh realism.

This was a non-issue that was removed for who knows why.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
fecht_niko
Banned

project REALITY my friends.

But I would like to see chav-view-disctance on CAS so you can hover at 4k and still see and shoot enemies on the ground.
And how his the progress on Nuclear Weapons going? I would love to blow up the complete map if my team loses all flags.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:13 AM   #5
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON
Default Re: Repairing helicopters

seems like a good way to simulate recovery of damaged vehicles/aircraft. I'm not a huge fan of aircraft always being on fire and taking constant damage after a certain threshold. maybe remove or tweak how or when aircraft start on fire? because it happens entirely too often to be realistic.

also now that helicopters are disabled far more often it seems like this would be the only way to simulate a Quick Reaction Force recovery of a downed aircraft.

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon
http://flapend.com/
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #6
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
It seems that the focus of the updates lately has been removing aspects about this game that were fun in exchange for muh realism.

This was a non-issue that was removed for who knows why.
this cant be said enough so ill just make it my sig
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopters, repairing, reparining