project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
inb4banned
Default Parachutes are too fast

With the new parachutes it's possible to not only land on NL 1st flag on Dovre, you can go so far that you fly over NL main and land 100+m out of the map

On Silent Eagle you can land 200m outside of Missile Silo or inside of Power Plant, meanwhile RUS can only spawn in main and have a 5min delayed COW

Other Silent Eagle STD problem:
Why is GER main shown in the middle of nowhere where no spawn points or flags are, meanwhile Airport is a cappable flag... that is in DOD
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

[R-DEV]Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

For silent eagle: That's just a dummy flag you see on the overview. Mainbase is the capable airbase, and can't be captured back. I wanted the layer to signify that it's truly a paradrop map where they capture the airbase from the air, but it can still be a proper mainbase with DOD, unlike the mess on ALT. Anyway, I'll likely revisit silent eagle STD once my exams are over and see what needs changing, as I don't think everyone is happy with it Might scrap paradrops all together, starting to feel it really has no place in normal PR maps and we need to design our maps better around it (see old normandy map in PR:WW2). So far on Dovre and Silent Eagle I think it's rather crap.

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

i think on dovre it was totally fine pre 1.4 the only problem on dovre now is the range you can fly in them like ban said.maybe make the para spawns a straight line in the alpha/bravo row?
on silent eagle it wouldnt be a problem if the spawn point for paratroopers would fly way more south. it would just require very little effort to figure out how much further south you would have to put it so that paratroopers could not fly farther north than central village/objective/lake. beside those things i dunno why it would be crap. at least on dovre i always had fun dropping in, organizing your squad after the drop set up defenses as quickly as possible and so on. i think putting there a rally instead, which would be the obvious alternative, would be way less fun. and the other alternative, that would be no forward spawns at all, would be favoring the dutch way too much since their side on the river on the northern half is defend way easier in my opinion.
gwa1hir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr's Avatar
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

I really don't see why paradrops are in PR anyway.

The only thing it adds is a little coolness in the beginning of the round.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Moderator

CAS_ual_TY's Avatar
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
For silent eagle: That's just a dummy flag you see on the overview. Mainbase is the capable airbase, and can't be captured back. I wanted the layer to signify that it's truly a paradrop map where they capture the airbase from the air, but it can still be a proper mainbase with DOD, unlike the mess on ALT. Anyway, I'll likely revisit silent eagle STD once my exams are over and see what needs changing, as I don't think everyone is happy with it Might scrap paradrops all together, starting to feel it really has no place in normal PR maps and we need to design our maps better around it (see old normandy map in PR:WW2). So far on Dovre and Silent Eagle I think it's rather crap.
If the germany take a bit more time to cap the airfield, then the balancing could be improved I think. The russians would have their tanks earlier, meanwhile germans can reach a large part of the map in the beginning.

Or decrease the "range" of parachutes. But I dont think they are such a bad feature. Just my opinion.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
inb4banned
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I really don't see why paradrops are in PR anyway.

The only thing it adds is a little coolness in the beginning of the round.
Servers don't allow for 1st flag rushing or DOD camping but paradrops give you such an easy opportunity to do so.

On Silent Eagle one team can paradrop in front of 1st flag and camp it with a LAT (not against the rules since you're not on the flag) and kill the other team which has to arrive in trucks because even their choppers are delayed. It makes no sense.

Same thing on Dovre - paradrop anywhere along the main road and camp it with a LAT - 0 effort required.

It was fine when they were slow, it's shit chaos now just waiting where you're going to be latted from, or your 1st flag being rushed.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
QuickLoad
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

paradrop would be sooooooooooooooooooo much more useful if it came every 10 minutes of a round or 30 minutes of a round.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

FFG's Avatar
Default Re: Parachutes are too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
On Silent Eagle you can land 200m outside of Missile Silo or inside of Power Plant, meanwhile RUS can only spawn in main and have a 5min delayed COW
I managed to drop from above village pulling my shoot at max alt and glide to the south bunker at missile silo.

I don't think the parachute are the issue, I think that the maps should have their paradrop points reworked to accomodate the dankness of the drop.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
fast, parachutes
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality