project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
Rico11b

Angry MD5tool Problems

I just got that freakin MD5Tool crap again!!!!!!!!!!!

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch after I defragged my drive. It's been playing fine without any errors or problems what so ever. All I use is BF2 with patches 1.41, and PRMM 0.4. I just got that error again on Gloryhoundz server. No one has a cleaner build than I am running. No one!!! If I'm gettin dropped for an MD5tool error then everyone should be getting dropped. I'm sick of this!!! I never had this issue until BF2 1.4.

No I didn't write down the file it was referring to... I was so annoyed my head was about to explode!!

Later
R
Last edited by Kenty; 01-24-2007 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Language and title modifications
Old 01-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Kenty

Rico, I understand your frustration, but if it's annoying you that much then may I suggest you cool it for a while?

I got very annoyed with 1.3 connection kicks so I understand what it's like. You'll just have to wait out until further releases to see if it fixes the problem.

Please tone it down - we have young'uns on here.

Thanks - Kents

Old 01-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Kenty
Rico, I understand your frustration, but if it's annoying you that much then may I suggest you cool it for a while?

I got very annoyed with 1.3 connection kicks so I understand what it's like. You'll just have to wait out until further releases to see if it fixes the problem.

Please tone it down - we have young'uns on here.

Thanks - Kents

Funny thing is I rejoined after posting and it didn't drop me again. But after playing for about 20 minutes on another map it dropped. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to this pattern. I'm not gonna quit playing cause it doesn't happen as often as the 1.3 stuff used to happen.

As far as "tone it down". That was toned down. I didn't use any bad words. So what you are saying is it's ok for "young'uns" to play a game where they blow up and shoot at other people or the likeness of people, but it's not ok for me to display a rowdy attitude? So it's ok for “KIDS” to see and participate in violence, but it's not ok to get "verbally rowdy" when they are around? Maybe you don't see this game as violent? I'm not sure I follow your logic here? It's a rhetorical question you don't have to respond.

I have a 5 year old son, and I don't even allow him to watch when I play this game or any other violent games for that matter. I also don't use bad language in his presence. I don't want to send him mixed messages you see.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Hfett

Send a message via MSN to Hfett Send a message via Skype™ to Hfett

I dont know if that will help, but the last time i had that problem i went to www.evenbalance.com and updated manualy my punkbuster client files

www.joinsquadbrasil.com.br
Old 01-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
[R-DEV]TheRealFritz
Server Administrator
Supporting Member

You're getting an md5tool violation on BF2.exe.

NoCD crack or something like that?'

If not, perhaps a virus?

Old 01-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
madstudfarm

We keep having that problem on our PR whores Delight server and had to disable MD5 Checking to keep our people from getting kicked.

Come check it out and see how it plays.

I wonder why this only affects some of the people. anyone?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
wooly-back-jack

h4x0rz!!!!1111twobucklemyshoe
Old 01-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
blud

Maybe only some of them are hacking lol.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Hfett
I dont know if that will help, but the last time i had that problem i went to www.evenbalance.com and updated manualy my punkbuster client files

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]TheRealFritz
You're getting an md5tool violation on BF2.exe.

NoCD crack or something like that?'

If not, perhaps a virus?

Yes, I'm getting the MD5tool error. I'm not using noCD crack or anything else like that. I haven't modded the build in any way. Just straight out of the box It runs great, and very smooth. But without warning the game will freeze for a second and then drop me. Then it displays the MD5tool error message. Sorry I forgot to record the file it was asking about. Not entirely sure it was referring to a particular file, but it would have to I assume. I also updated and ran virus scan. It found nothing wrong. Also updated and ran a couple of spyware programs. They came up clean as well. It is puzzling though. I'll just keep knocking away at till I find a fix.

Later
R
Last edited by Rico11b; 01-24-2007 at 04:07 PM..

Tags
md5tool, problems