project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
CyR3x
Default My experience so far

Hey guys i am pretty new to this game and would like to share my experiences so far.

I really like the game and its idea to picture war realistically. There are not many games that come close. This one does most of the time. I started playing this week and had A LOT of mixed feelings throughout my plays. I feel like to wether have a good or bad gaming experience heavily depends on your SL (look what kind of cool shortenings I have learned so far).

To pat myself on the shoulder, I guess I am an above average player. I use my mic, I dont take kits SL didn't tell me to, I know my way around the map, know how to use the compass, differntiate between bleeding, down, dead and know how to call out on enemies. Thanks to the manual and several guides available. I also know when to shut my mouth and follow orders. Besides rifleman I have also played medic and breacher so far, thanks to two awesome SLers trusting me and just throwing me in the cold water.

This game really lives through communication and your squad. I'd love to say that only once in a while I come across a shitty SL but it's the other way round. Once in a while I come across a good SL. This has ruined my experience more than it should. I don't know much about the game and am still learning the ropes. This makes it even more difficult for me when I don't have a decent SL to follow. So thanks to all stressed squadleaders in advance for carrying me with you.

Those gaming session with a good SL are awesome. But whenever i come across a non communicating squad or a non caring SL, I feel like I am wasting my time and didn't learn shit.

So, if any SL or squadmates want to show me some more indepth stuff and sees potential in me, feel free to contact me. I want to experience much more of what this game has to offer.

PS: As you may have noticed english is not my mothertongue, feel free to correct me!
CyR3x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:05 AM   #2
LiamNL
Default Re: My experience so far

Good squad leaders at least know the boundaries of micromanaging everything and leaving it all to the gods. Good to see you enjoyed it, when you have some experience you could try getting in to an APC/Tank squad, through I wouldn't recommend you start flying any time soon as that is a thing you learn by yourself or on a training server.

One can not go through life without failing things. If you do go through life without failing, you fail at failing.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:20 AM   #3
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

If you really want best experience what PR has to offer, join official Project Reality tournament.

PRT positive side is, you will play with people that actually want to put effort in to the gameplay. And it is a great place to meet like minded people. If you get tired of public gameplay, check out PRT.

Grunt sign ups start on 21st September, so keep an eye on it.

tournament.realitymod.com

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #4
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

to decrease the chance of having a bad SL you have to know what good servers are and what shitty servers are.
since you are from germany i give you an overview over the european ones:
bad servers: the polish and the russian one and PRTA
for prta i have to say that sometimes you can find good squad leader there but chances are much lower since the average skill of the players on PRTA is pretty low. its a lot of shitty squads have no idea and run around like headless chicken at least in 8 out of 10 times
good servers/kinda good servers: first of all those servers won't gurantee good SLs ....you will find bad people and idiots everywhere and in every game.
merk,NEW and od-s (if the fucking lazy bums of od-s manage to seed it, yes im looking at you cossack )
out of these server usually new is the best it also has the most german speaking players
try to stick to these servers but dont expect wonders, like i said no server is idiot-free.

for american servers: stay away from the free candy van and PRTA los angeles....HOG can have good games but its like a coin flip. but if you have to choose between american servers always choose HOG

i hope that will help you to increase the rate of good SLs you get

cheers
Last edited by gwa1hir; 09-14-2015 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

What you're describing is something that every PR player knows about. Play on server where there's a higher chance of good SLs.

But try stop playing PR at this moment though, I'd like to see you try.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #6
fatalsushi83

I completely agree with you that the quality of your gameplay experience depend almost entirely on the SL, especially on AAS. Getting frustrated with lots of bad SLs motivated me to learn how to do it myself. If you become a decent SL yourself you can basically guarantee a good experience for yourself and your squad every time you play...though a bad trans squad can ruin a game for you no matter how hard you try ; )

Also, the time you play also depends. I find that PRTA LA is quite good around 6:00 pm US east coast time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
MT

If i can give you my personal advice is : Play always if you can in european servers like NEW,Merk,ODS and if you want a good SL and a nice communication try to join the squad with a TAG members inside it. In PR the clan members are always the most serious and older players in the field.
I know how this game can be frustrating even more than other games, because the keys here is cordination,communication and cooperation between 50 players. Is not something easy even with experienced people in command role. You can follow always those advise but for me starts always from me. I mean, im trying always to be the best soldier on the field following orders and being usefull for the faction, if evrybody do that be the SL is even more easy, even if you are not a good leader.
MT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #8
PatrickLA_CA

A small but useful tip for choosing an infantry squad:

If the squadleader doesn't have an officer kit, don't join.
If the squad has a sniper, don't join.
If the squad doesn't have at least 1 medic, don't join.
If the squad is everywhere around the map when you select it, don't join.

Most of the times the good squads are named just INF, ENG INF, MUM INF, INF MIC etc.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #9
Psyko

I think it will take some time for the newest players to get to grips with how squad leading works becuase squad leading is by far the hardest position to play in the game.

There is no perfect way to know which squads are going to be good apart from knowing players in the community and in particular knowing who the best squad leaders are.

I think a lot of the more experienced players found that the best way to play is to latch onto daily players who are veterans and letting them voluntarily take on the stress of squad management.

But some squad leaders are too inexperienced, and the only way to avoid them ruining your day, is to make sure you are kindly vocal about tactical decisions, reminding the squad leader to not charge into the fray and focus on your own defense more and observe the angles and defensive positions that the rest of your squad is forgetting. Fill the holes in the defenses.

And like all the other major releases that preceded 1.3 noob players will start to fall off leaving behind a greater number of serious players.

But I think, if you are a serious player the responsibility is yours to lead your own squad and get better.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #10
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Patrick.has the best advice. Server choice is just luck.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
experience