project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
28 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
MacCullock
Default Coop training map improvements

I suggest you identify one map with conventional forces on both sides, perhaps with extra spawn points and big supply crates, and include a section in the manual about using it for coop / single player Training.

For this I prefer Jabal Al Burj Alt now. The bots handle capturing the beach landing point in the east, which can be defended against enemy assaults because it comes with cover, a big supply crate, vehicles, and spawning reinforcements. The area from the eastern hill down to the beach landing point makes a great firing range (400m?) under pressure for trying various infantry kits and vehicles.

To improve it for Training, I might add a big supply crate on top of the hill east of the bridge and maybe a spawn point there. The enemy already assaults uphill there often from the city.

The only improvement to PR itself I can think of for Training would be to delay letting friendly Bots take at least one APC/IFV/Tank in Coop mode, so players have a chance to get one early. An APC is a way to get a supply crate and a spawn point on the hill, or anywhere else that might prove interesting for training.

The extra supply crate would not be necessary if dropping supply crates by the Logistics truck were documented, choppers could practically be landed by keyboard, or an APC/IFV vehicle were initially reserved for players in Coop mode.

If you are interested I will try other maps for the same Training concept. This kind of map is probably needed for Insurgents, and for other conventional factions to practice with.

Another training only map improvement might be range markings in 50m increments between the eastern hill and the beach landing base, where MEC typically assaults. That would help us train for GL, AR, Marksman, grenades, HAT, and LAT kits, and for estimating ranges in-game.

My Commander began revealing truth and powering life with "Let there be light". I need to remember that every moment. It's what makes Him the Way, the Truth, and the Life. http://TheWordAsGod.com
MacCullock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Coop training map improvements

I'd love to have the popular maps (Muttrah / Kashan Desert / Jabal) playable same layers just different faction (choice between playing as USA / RUS / GER) would be awesome! -- all USA all the time is wearing thin
Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #3
MacCullock

I discovered that several vehicles, including Humvees, Logistics trucks, and maybe APCs, the driver has a selection menu (like infantry switching between weapon and other gear). For the uparmored Humvee that chooses between smoke projectors and dropping an ammo box. After choosing, one can ALT fire that device. Other vehicles like some Hueys have only one supply crate, no driver selection menu, and you just ALT fire that.

After researching chopper flight more, I have decided I like Kokan better for chopper practice because Huey's on Jabal Al Burj are more difficult to fly than Blackhawks on Kokan.

My Commander began revealing truth and powering life with "Let there be light". I need to remember that every moment. It's what makes Him the Way, the Truth, and the Life. http://TheWordAsGod.com
MacCullock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
I'd love to have the popular maps (Muttrah / Kashan Desert / Jabal) playable same layers just different faction (choice between playing as USA / RUS / GER) would be awesome! -- all USA all the time is wearing thin
It would be nice to be able to pick and choose friends and foes. At least some maps like Ramiel and Muttrah with a layer for each faction.

Would it be that crazy to make several layers for each map, where you just change the factions?
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
[R-CON]Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Would be crazy if you have in the first layer MEC vs US and in the second layer RUS vs GER.
Would you play 2nd layer the RUS would speak english and the GER's would speak arabic.
Only way to have different factions is, if each layers faction would share the same language like US and CAN or INS / MEC.
[R-CON]Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Wing Walker

It would be more to experience every kit in PR.

I don't speak Arabic or Russian, so having a Russian faction speak Russian is nothing more than annoying noise. If someone on a Russian team hits the COM that says they need ammo in Russian, they probably won't be getting ammo from me.

I would be fine if it were all in English no matter what faction was put up.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:14 AM   #7
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I'd like Pavlosk bay coop layers from 1.2 back in 1.3... the 1.3 changes are boring / made the map a never play anymore....

Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, improvements, map, training