project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
09 Aug 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-04-27, 19:49   #1
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Shahadah (Map Test)

INS and AAS layout. Please report feedback, bugs or issues here.

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 19:55   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Shahadah (Map Test)

On the hills on the west you can easily slide out of the map and get stuck there in buggy terrain. Really deadly.
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 21:11   #3
Pronck
Supporting Member

Here is my piece of feedback

Open Areas

At this moment there are too many open areas especially on the west side which can easily dominated by armor or BLUFOR infantry. I believe adding extra trees, bushes or some kind of trench system could work out so the FSA can move more while having cover.

City

The city is well developed and offers a lot of different routes and alleyways allowing people to flank the armor inside the city.

River

It is a shame that the river is 1/3 of the map. I think it could have been even better when a bigger part of the map would have been used because at this moment it is very bottlenecking.

FSA Assets
The FSA have a T72. I think giving them a BMP1 would even the odds against the strykers and tank with thermals. It would allow them to have a bigger punch since the SPG can easily be killed on the open terrain in the west part of the map.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 21:16   #4
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Found a tree inside a building. Really liked the map, was a lot of fun for Blufor armor which you can't say of every map. Team performed pretty good and only lost because we wasted too many tickets on the cave caches. All in all pretty good map, would like some boats with that huge ass river for flanking perhaps.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 22:38   #5
Yrkidding

Yea I agree with some of the other statements. Really liking the city fighting and it actually plays pretty well on the INS layer. The big river covering 1/3 of the map isn't being used though and I think that might be a bit of a shame. RHIBs could be useful for the US or at least give them another interesting way for them to attack. Perhaps even putting a cargo ship or a couple smaller ships like the one in the bay on Muttrah might be interesting. At worst it can be an interesting sniping position.

Yrkidding is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 02:56   #6
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post
FSA Assets
The FSA have a T72. I think giving them a BMP1 would even the odds against the strykers and tank with thermals. It would allow them to have a bigger punch since the SPG can easily be killed on the open terrain in the west part of the map.
Remember that SPG-9 is getting replaced with HJ-8.

---

I think this map is missing something every map is missing: a rooftop garden.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 09:43   #7
LiamNL
Supporting Member

What if, someone put a couple of container ships in the river? Would be a prime location for a cache, and would be interesting how armor would support from the riverside and infantry would move in by boats. It could also take away some of the blufor range advantage as ins can see them from a greater distance due to the openness of the river.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 12:50   #8
Curry
Supporting Member

Was there any FPS drop when fighting in the city / looking at the city?

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 13:40   #9
Pronck
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Remember that SPG-9 is getting replaced with HJ-8.

---

I think this map is missing something every map is missing: a rooftop garden.
In this case I am referring to the SPG Technical, my fault.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 15:05   #10
DusanYugoslavia

Map is great, the set up and every thing, at last a good urban map, its so good it is Muttrah good

Curry, regarding FPS drops, this is the best city map, I did not have any problems on it, when I shoot a guy for 150 meters I hit him no problems. Performance wise this map is excellent. And it seems that all statics are much more sharp than before - few of the sEX_YU guys also noticed that.

Observation

I only played one INS round and half of AAS, layer with tons of flags.

INS

Tanks are to much by my opinon, on both sides, T-62 is useless against the Abrams.

AAS

To much flags and not a lot of armor.

Suggestions

INS

Remove tanks. My suggestion is 2-3 LAVs for US and Humvees, and the INS get SPGs, and TOWs in the next release.

AAS

Make 6 flags total, first flags being suburbs of the city for each side, than make 4 maps with 100-150 meter cap from which one side caps two and the other one caps the other two, and than the INF carnage begins .

Assets

USA
2 Bradleys
1 Grenade Humvee
1 .50 Cal Humvee
4 Transport Humvee
1 Black Hawk
2 Logi trucks

MEC

2 BMP-2M ( ATGM version to counter the Bradley)
1 BRDM-2
1 UAZ .50 Cal
4 UAZ Trans
1 Mi-17
2 Logi trucks

No need for trans trucks, jeeps are far better in an urban environment.

I think that this setup will be very balanced.

I hope that this map gets to be a part of 1.3

Dusan

DusanYugoslavia is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
map, shahadah, test