project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
22 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:03 AM   #1
matty1053
Default An experience I never had on PR before...

I was leading my squad consisting of 6 guys... It was on Fools Road.

Me: Squad lead of course.
Sq mate 1: Medic
Sq Mate 2: Rifleman
Sq mate 3: AR
Sq mate 4: Marksman
Sq Mate 5: Rifle man AT.

We were the Brits.... it was the nighttime layout.

We were in the forest, moving on to the 'mansion' on the middle of the map. And, I heard a voice, some different voice....

My squad mates were talking about how WW3 should happen.
I heard the voice, told them to shush... 2 of them heard it too.

i told them: JUST CROUCH DOWN, and listen. NO COMMA ROSE AT ALL.

We heard something again. Sounded like a Machine Gun reloading.
(Gosh, literally my heart was beating at 100bpm AT LEAST.)

And, something odd happened. It just stopped. I told my men to hit the ground and DONT move... get to cover.
We started hearing a vehicle. It sounded 'ugly' in a way. It was a BMP. Heading in our direction. I told my LAT kit mate: "GET IT ouT AND READY TO LIGHT HIS BUTT UP. WAIT ON MY GO".

Right when me and him had a visual on it... was so close to firing the darn AT....

BBOOOMMM, gun shots were EVERYWHERE against us.... my AT guy fired it and hit the BMP... But, the gun shots didn't stop there. We were near a Exploded Tank... we took cover there. At least 20 guys fired on us... no joke. I thought I had a heart attack. One of my squad mates said: "I just peed my pants omg". We laughed a bit. Then mortars or something was hitting us.... I literally was flipping out... Told my squad mates.... "I will count to 3.... when I say GO, we will throw smoke grenades." "one....two...three...GO" We threw the nades... Smoked the area. Fell back to the Mining Area. We all went into one of the bunkers. And boy... the fire fight was raining on us.

We had run out of ammo... except our Rifleman, he gave it to the medic. And I said: "Guys, I doubt we will make it. It's gonna be tough. But I am trying to get tanks over here to help.... they all are down." Then all the sudden, they stopped firing. I said: "Do not move... stay still... stay down." Then the enemy got NAILED by Mortars and EVERTHING. swear, they had at least 100 explosives go off at once. My gosh.

And 2 full INF squads saved our butts. It literally felt extremely realistic. I want PR to be like that again. (I can't remember my sq mates names... but honestly. If any of someone remebers this.... then you were in my squad).

But TBH, it was the BEST experience in my life on PR. And I don't know/think it will occur again. So I enjoyed it. (I actually ended recording my footage right before I told my men to get down in the forest!!!) I was mad. lol.

Thanks for reading. And hopefully everyone can have an experience like I had on PR on Fools Road night.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
Careless

Default Re: An experience I never had on PR before...

I had a similar experience once on Sareemaa as Russians.

I was a medic and my whole squad got mowed down except for me.
The best I could do was just hide my ass in the bushes. Out of nothing our BTR comes rolling in and get's tracked, the crewmen bail and run into the bushes, one of them gets wounded, other one dies.

I just wait till it's clear to move up and heal those mofo's. I heal them and a whole squad just pops out of nowhere and start shooting at us. We pop all of our smokes and just run as fast as we can.

It was literally a 15 minute firefight between us 3 and them, both of the crewmen died once more, luckily not within the dead-dead timer.

I love this adrenalin in PR, you can only have this in PR, but not as often anymore.

Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Death!
Send a message via ICQ to Death! Send a message via MSN to Death! Send a message via Skype™ to Death!

Strong experiences thread? Strong experiences thread.

Days ago I was on Hades Peak on an APC squad, I was driving the the Dutch APC. I climbed a mountain to get a flag and by my side there was this chinese infantry squad speaking whatever in mandarin. As soon as we reach the top, I got a RPG to the face and heavy gun fire. My APC got tracked and almost all the chinese squad got wounded, I deployed smoke and started to ask for repairs while the gunner was returning fire. So, now it's the point where shit gets intense... One of the guys from the chinese squad started screaming for medic with all his lungs with a REALLY desperate and realistic tone, that shit was really disturbing and real. After 2 minutes of non-stop cries, I left my APC, got a medic kit from the backs and revived him, he thanked me and I felt relieved. My SL also found a logi nerby and told me to get there to get a repair station. At the end, the logi got blown up right next to the APC after I droped the repair station, the APC got fixed and server crashed when we were going down the hill nack to base, lol.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
StevePl4y5

I gotta be honest, I've had a lot of epic experiences like that in PR. Both in the supporting side, and the "I need some ***** support" side.

I remember this awesome round I had in MeRK, BluFFeR was SL, Saarema. There was a lot of stuff that happened, and I don't remember the details very well. But I remember I got separated from the squad after a Russian assault on the Warehouse we had (more of less in the middle of the map) we had preemptively occupied, waiting for our guys to get Lighthouse. When that didn't happen, the squad had to fall back to Light House fast, I needed a medic and I needed to rearm reload my M203, so I stayed behind to get help from a couple guys from another squad and resupply at the crate. A couple hundred meters before regrouping with my squad, they got engaged, so I changed direction. I went prone in a bush for a couple seconds, when out of nothing I hear someone walking behind me. 4 or 3 russians dudes went past me, in the same direction I was traveling just a couple meters to my left. I let them walk for a bit until they were on the other side of the little valley, and fired 3 40mm grenades on them, killing them all. After that, I sort of regrouped with my almost completely dead squad and soon died.

We respawned back at the carrier, we grabbed a boat, and landed west of Lighthouse, with bullets going everwhere, both our way and their way. We went to the forest, destroyed a FOB and 2 logis. And finally, with tons of Mortar and (I think area attack as well) LAV, and Infantry support, we took lighthouse. Going from bush to bush, killing every damned russian. Even saved one of my squad mates from getting nailed by a Russian hiding in a bush with a PKP, and got saved back later. Part of our team went to assault the warehouse, and we stayed behind with a few other squads to defend lighthouse. The russians sure enough attacked again, dropped an area attack on lighthouse, killing a lot of guys, luckily we were in the forest to the East of lighthouse. After that it was just, an awesome, defense against the russians, they kept coming from the forest, from the West, North West, South West and South. During that defense, a thing that never happened to me in PR happened. In the middle of a russian assault, with explosions and bullets going off everywhere, I spotted 2 guys trying to flank us, killed one, and the other one hit me, I took cover, but he was giving me a really hard time. So I shout on squad radio "I'm being pinned down by this guy", and before I could even pass any details about the target, BluFFeR was like "I'm on him", and freaking saved my ass.

It was just a great game overall, full of awesome moments, I just wished I could have recorded. Just like many other PR matches I've had.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
dysin

toughest 15 minutes in my pr time

last insurgent, known a6 fallujah
had 2 minutes to trap, laid pipebomb strings on hallway and bottom level, proned watching door with pkm

first wave, caught most with pkm
second wave, caught half with pkm, rest with ied
third wave, caught all with ied
went another few waves with single ied's outside my door. all told came over 25 with frag traps. black and white for the last half minute, set my last ied and played dead on the cache.

think this was on chicago
dysin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
Dr_Death

wait, since when does both teams have the same VOIP channel? i thought you could not use mumble with someone of the other team.

"Sorry, i dont english" - Zootsuit, Al Basrah, 2014.
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

On beirut, i was from russian side, apc squad, in the mid round, some squad requested support and they where at south side from the city some southern blocks, after we arrived with apc i saw 2 guys get wounded and the medic was not able to revive them, he was hidden behind block waiting to enemys stop shooting, so i drive in front of the wounded guys and my gunner start shooting to enemy positions, when the medic saw the cover, he revive the wounded guys they thank me.

Before Few days in ejod i was SL in APC, with BMP2 we transported troope around the map, the commincation with other squads over mumble was on high level, the main order was to support the inf, so we stayed behind them over east side in dunes, infantry advanced and we where behind them, if they see something we where informed by them, with that great cooperation we where able to reach ruins without loosing people or vehicles.
sry for my english.
paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
StevePl4y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death! View Post
Strong experiences thread? Strong experiences thread.

Days ago I was on Hades Peak on an APC squad, I was driving the the Dutch APC. I climbed a mountain to get a flag and by my side there was this chinese infantry squad speaking whatever in mandarin. As soon as we reach the top, I got a RPG to the face and heavy gun fire. My APC got tracked and almost all the chinese squad got wounded, I deployed smoke and started to ask for repairs while the gunner was returning fire. So, now it's the point where shit gets intense... One of the guys from the chinese squad started screaming for medic with all his lungs with a REALLY desperate and realistic tone, that shit was really disturbing and real. After 2 minutes of non-stop cries, I left my APC, got a medic kit from the backs and revived him, he thanked me and I felt relieved. My SL also found a logi nerby and told me to get there to get a repair station. At the end, the logi got blown up right next to the APC after I droped the repair station, the APC got fixed and server crashed when we were going down the hill nack to base, lol.
Wait, in which team were you?
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
Death!
Send a message via ICQ to Death! Send a message via MSN to Death! Send a message via Skype™ to Death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Wait, in which team were you?
NL, the guy screaming was from China or Taiwan.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #10
Bagelzs

Very first time i played the mod was yesterday. I knew nothing so i just joined a squad and started following 2 of them in my squad. Nobody spoke english, so i didn't communicate. after 5 minutes of going from wall to wall the leader stops and slowly looks around a corner. Before i know it, he's dead and the other guys shot. So i decided to be a man and quit the server. (my ping was through the roof and i wouldn't be effective)

Anyway, probably not interesting to those who have been around here a while but it was still a pretty cool first experience for playing the game lol.
Bagelzs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
experience