project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
Guerra norte
Default Minimap serverside setting?

Okay, I'm getting really tierd of bitching about the getting rid of the minimap so here I am to ask the DEV's, could you please make the minimap a serverside setting? Please consider this because acording to this thread it looks like over half the comunity wants the minimap gone, you can't just ignore that either now can you

I think this would be the best and most fair compromise between the yay and ney people, so please PRM, consider this.

Any feedback from the DEV's will be greatly appreaciated.
Guerra norte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

a no minimap map would be TK heaven.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

not possible to make it a server side config. it's staying for the foreseeable future.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
Guerra norte

:/
Old 12-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Guerra must start a campaign against the mini-map hahahha

a combined effort bringing together the ground/naval/air powers of the world to bring to bear all firepower against the evil of the minimap!!!

wait this could make an excellent movie plot
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
blud

I seriously doubt that half the players want the minimap gone. I want it to be a bit nicer (less garmin border...) but without the minimap how are we supposed to know where our guys are and not TK them?
blud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Guerra norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PIT]BludShoT
but without the minimap how are we supposed to know where our guys are and not TK them?
ARRRRRRRRRRRG! Look on the freaking map! Use VOIP! Seriously how many times must I repeat my self?

I PLAY WITHOUT THE MINIMAP AND IT WORKS JUST FINE! TRUST ME!'

I just want more realistic gameplay cause when everybody uses the ultra know it all Gay-dar map the result is extremely rushed non tactical deathmatch gameplay.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
dunkellic

voip only works in a squad so its not of much use to identify friendlies (not even in a squad it is good for that...)

dunkellic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
Guerra norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkellic
voip only works in a squad so its not of much use to identify friendlies (not even in a squad it is good for that...)
Read my post again, there is also the Caps Lock map which will give just as good info about friendly soldier position.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
blud

How the hell am I gonna use VOIP to explain where I am? In anywhere NEAR the detail that is given in the minimap? Get real!

Try playing in a clan match looking at the big map to see where your squad is every 10 seconds. You'll get cut down. There's more ways of playing PR than the pub way you play it. I wouldn't need a minimap on a pub either, pubs are just for a laugh. There's usually so many people on a pub that the minimap is just confusing anyways.

The only possible way they could remove the minimap and have things not suck, is if they update the skins MASSIVELY to make all the soldiers look distinct at larger distances.

And what about spotting? And spotting snipers. You don't want that in the game anymore? Whatever man

I agree to disagree with you hehe.
blud is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
minimap, serverside, setting