project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
19 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Android PRSpy

PRSPY is an android application, based on the original web app, that allows you to see all game servers running Project Reality.
This app allows you to see server information,current map, online players and a map gallery with detailed description of the assets presents in every layout.

Besides this, you can enable notifications that will inform you when a server is playing your favorite map or game mode.

Current Version: 1.2.7 [Released]

Google Store: Link

Current main Features:
  • PR Tournament Integration
  • Server Browser: it lists all servers and players (K|D and Score)
  • Friend Highlight: set a group of friends or a clan tag and the app will quicly Highlight the players and servers
  • Map Gallery: You can see a list of every Map
  • Asset information: per each map/Layout you can see a list of availble assets and their respawn time
  • Map image: you'll be able to tell were the DODs are
  • Notifications: Notifications saying when a server is changing maps.
Spoiler for Maybe/Eventual main Features:
  • Custom information: you'll be able to chose if you want to see the player list with score, kills or deaths
  • Big screen layouts: Currently the app is being made with small screens in mind

Spoiler for Interest in helping?:
By downloading the app and giving feedback you're already helping.

But if you want to help, code wise, then this projects consists in two areas, the app itself and the PR parser that creates all the information that the app displays.

Currently I have a very dirty parser that handles well enough but I could use a better parser that creates, in JSON, information about the maps, layouts and assets, this would mean proper asset's names, proper factions's names, etc...
Maybe even kits and weapons information..

Links:
Original Post
Spoiler for Original Post:
Hey everyone, being tired of my main PR's project, link, I decided to give my self a side side's project.

So PRSpy for android was created, although another member claimed to be doing, link, it seems it has stopped.

My current version allows the user to see the servers and their current players and which map is being played, without images.

The friend tool is also working but it lacks a proper menu to see who's online and remove/add offline players.

And finally it will (near future) allow to see the current map with the name of the assets and their spawn/re-spawn times. This will be, hopefully, what differentiates my app from PRSpy.

Showcase #1:

Showcase #2: (Newest)

Before releasing I would like some User Interface feedback, like "is the score/kills required?" or "the text needs to be green with yellow background?".
Also the third tab is yet to be made, so although a plan was made, suggestions are still acceptable.

Hope you'll like it and feedback is always welcome.

Currently the App is stable enough to launch a Beta and get feedback on the UI (User interface) especially from smaller screens but to prevent any conflicts I need clarification in these subjects from the Dev team:
  • Can I publish the app with the name PRSPY?
  • Can I use this image as Icon, link, most bottom right corner?
  • Any problems in using the PRSPY jsonData?
  • Any problems in using the MapGallery jsonData?
  • Any problems in using the images from the MapGallery?

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
Last edited by [R-DEV]UTurista; 12-27-2014 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Updating project status
Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: Android PRSpy

Pretty cool.

If you can't get the geolocation flag thing to work, just remove the flag icons.

The PR wiki developer Senshi has also created an info extractor that can automate most of the collection of the map asset info. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...p-pr-wiki.html
He had the link to the extractor in his signature but removed it recently, so you'll have to ask him for more info.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #3
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Amok@ndy

The kills are somehow important though, checking the general amount of kills mostly gives you an idea how far the round proceeded or if it just has begun

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
[R-DEV]​UTurista
Supporting Member

Per player or total? I had the points per player but thought it was irrelevant...Il try it with the kills.

In also improving the list of players to quiqly show the amount ,of players, per side.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

IMHO just showing player points is usually a good enough indicator of how long the match has been going on.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
[R-DEV]​UTurista
Supporting Member

The first release should be near, I've changed completely the navigation layout, in theory is much more comfortable and intuitive for phones.

The new layout only shows one team at the time, preventing overcrowding of the screen, it also allows bigscreens having more information (not done yet).

And the 3 tab navigation, was replaced for a right side layout.

Finaly the friends view with the possibility of adding more.

Although there's still work to do, I need feedback on the new layout and clearence from the PR-DEV team to use:

Last edited by [R-DEV]UTurista; 04-21-2014 at 03:41 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Very cool.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
=RC=NZ Randomhole
Supporting Member

The iPhone version is still coming along also, yet not as pretty as your one
=RC=NZ Randomhole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
[R-DEV]​UTurista
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =RC=NZ Randomhole View Post
The iPhone version is still coming along also, yet not as pretty as your one
If you want maybe we can share some "design" parts, like icons, colors, displays to offer the same experience between android/iPhone.

Meanwhile I finally added a the time of the update:

But I still have to sync it with the information, now is just saying when we pressed the "Refresh".

Next, besides the bug-fixes, will be expanding the MapGallery concept.

UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #10
=RC=NZ Randomhole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_turista_portugues View Post
If you want maybe we can share some "design" parts, like icons, colors, displays to offer the same experience between android/iPhone.

Meanwhile I finally added a the time of the update:

But I still have to sync it with the information, now is just saying when we pressed the "Refresh".

Next, besides the bug-fixes, will be expanding the MapGallery concept.

Sounds good, FYI, I was told by 'GeZe' that we can't use the PR dogtags

Quote:
Ya sure, I think some other people have tried making one as well. Just two conditions: you can't use the Project Reality dogtags (that's PR's policy), and you should try to make it open source.
=RC=NZ Randomhole is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prspy