project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-01, 21:41   #1
X-Alt

Default Immobilizing heavy assets a bit too easy?

I have recently been picking up the task of armor a lot. I like the tracking system, but it tends to be a bit too easy from what I see. Recently, I was in a Warrior IFV and what looked like a Militia LAT fired head on into the front armor and completely immobilized us, I also had a similar incident on Khamisiyah where one hit on the front (right below the turret) of my M1A1's armor completely immobilizes the vehicle... If anyone can share their experience with the v1.0+ immobilization system, it would greatly be appreciated..

Answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]K4on View Post
If your armored ground vehicle (disabling system is not in yet for light vehicles like jeeps etc., its planned to be implemented later) falls below a certain percentage of hitpoints (but atleast below ~half of overall hp), your vehicle has the chance to get disabled.

The less hitpoints your vehicle has, the higher is the chance that your vehicle get disabled, and how 'much' your vehicle gets disabled. Maybe your turret doesnt work. maybe you are tracked. Maybe both are disabled for example.

What we cannot do, is to make the disabling based on where the projectile hits. Its quite non relevant where the RPG hits as long as it deals enough damage to the vehicle, means the script can disable the tank on the tracks even if the RPG hit the rear.

We wont go into further details, though I hope that gives you a rough idea of how it works.
Last edited by K4on; 2014-03-02 at 10:36..
Old 2014-03-01, 23:34   #2
ElshanF

Whenever I fire directly at the wheels/ tracks it never tracks. I dont know how why :'
Old 2014-03-02, 10:27   #3
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Tracking heavy assets a bit too easy?

It's simple:

If your armored ground vehicle (disabling system is not in yet for light vehicles like jeeps etc., its planned to be implemented later) falls below a certain percentage of hitpoints (but atleast below ~half of overall hp), your vehicle has the chance to get disabled.

The less hitpoints your vehicle has, the higher is the chance that your vehicle get disabled, and how 'much' your vehicle gets disabled. Maybe your turret doesnt work. maybe you are tracked. Maybe both are disabled for example.

What we cannot do, is to make the disabling based on where the projectile hits.. Its quite non relevant where the RPG hits as long as it deals enough damage to the vehicle, means the script can disable the tank on the tracks even if the RPG hit the rear.

We wont go into further details, though I hope that gives you a rough idea of how it works.

Quote:
I also had a similar incident on Khamisiyah where one hit on the front (right below the turret) of my M1A1's armor completely immobilizes the vehicle
Regarding your one shot to front theory; probably you have been hit before or took damage through driving against some objects etc. One hit to the front wont disable you if you are of full hitpoints:
[YOUTUBEHD]7eehRJqpymc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited by K4on; 2014-03-02 at 10:39..
Old 2014-03-02, 10:56   #4
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
It's simple:

What we cannot do, is to make the disabling based on where the projectile hits.. Its quite non relevant where the RPG hits as long as it deals enough damage to the vehicle, means the script can disable the tank on the tracks even if the RPG hit the rear.

Regarding your one shot to front theory; probably you have been hit before or took damage through driving against some objects etc. One hit to the front wont disable you if you are of full hitpoints:
[YOUTUBEHD]7eehRJqpymc[/YOUTUBEHD]
also, the Abrams glass still one shoot kill, the T72 is fixed but still take a heavy damage and smoke badly can get 2 shoot kill, and Merkava 2 shoot kill at turret.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:09   #5
ElshanF

If u can post video evidence it would be handy I'm sure.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:40   #6
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
also, the Abrams glass still one shoot kill, the T72 is fixed.
both m1a2 and t72 are using the same glass materials, so I wonder how one is kaputt and other is fine if its the same?

Old 2014-03-02, 11:56   #7
ElshanF

Quote:
both m1a2 and t72 are using the same glass materials, so I wonder how one is kaputt and other is fine if its the same?
I've tested the front glass on both tanks. For me the 1 shot kill system to the front no longer works since 1.0. It did work easily in the pre 1.0 versions though.
Old 2014-03-02, 14:16   #8
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
T72 smoke bad, i tested alone, maybe if there is some one inside should take one shoot kill.
Old 2014-03-02, 14:27   #9
X-Alt

Thanks for the info, could have been a good shot in a weak material or perhaps I did run into a few things at main..
Old 2014-03-02, 16:31   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

When I'm running a tank squad, I always bring logistics because of this (I tend to go Officer so my tanks gain lazing capability, and my last guy is either on a 50cal or has an AA kit)

Closed Thread

Tags
assets, bit, easy, heavy, immobilizing, tracking