project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
05 Jul 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2014-01-27, 05:53   #1
timtherifleman
Default 64 PR Launcher Exception

Just tried starting PR recently and now I have an error saying PR launcher had an exception. Never seemed to happen before.
[code]Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2014-01-26T21:51:19

Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:

The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer' threw an exception.

Further details can be found in the following file:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefiel...PRLauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.InvokePatternIdentifier s' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'UIAutomationCore.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at MS.Internal.Automation.UiaCoreTypesApi.RawUiaLooku pId(AutomationIdType type, Guid& guid)
at System.Windows.Automation.AutomationIdentifier.Reg ister(AutomationIdType type, Guid guid, String programmaticName)
at System.Windows.Automation.InvokePatternIdentifiers ..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.Ini tialize()
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer..cc tor()
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.Rai seFocusChangedEventHelper(IInputElement newFocus)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.ChangeFocus(De pendencyObject focus, Int32 timestamp)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(Dependen cyObject focus, Boolean askOld, Boolean askNew, Boolean forceToNullIfFailed)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(IInputEl ement element)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.O nSetFocus(IntPtr hwnd)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.F ilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessa ge(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer' threw an exception.
timtherifleman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 09:23   #2
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: 64 PR Launcher Exception

This is the first I've seen this error for PRLauncher.
Apparently You are missing a core Windows file, UIAutomationCore.dll , the x64 version.
TO make it even stranger, this is a known windows 7 x65 bug , that MIcrosoft has never attempted to fix since so many 3rd party programs make use of the broken file.

I suggest you download and install the .NET Framework 4.5.1

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Offline Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 from Official Microsoft Download Center

here is a copy of my file,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/euuzfgfh04...mationCore.dll

please download and
should be placed in C:\Windows\System32

You then might need to register the .dll , idk. ??

reboot after installing the .net framework, then test. Let me know if it's solved.
----------------------------------

Here is the reference thread, you probably don't need to read this.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-...ing-win-7-x64/

UI Automation Overview

You don't happen to play Microsoft Flight Simulator X do you?

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 20:58   #3
timtherifleman

Hello LITOralis and thanks for the advice.

First, before I read your reply, I originally went "downgraded" to framework 4.0 and the launcher would funtion normally again. I took your advice however, installed 4.5.1 and then moves the file so the Sys32 folder and PR launcher seems to work again! So thanks for the help on that. I also had another mod which I could never install before but now that is functioning again so I just got double the help.

In regards to FSX, yes I do play it and now I remember having to move the file outside the sys32 folder and the game would function normally. Ill probably test that later this week and see how that works out. If FSX has problems again, I will probably just move that file in and out of folders between games.

But thanks for the help again! Really appreciate it.
timtherifleman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 18:03   #4
samthegreat4

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried all the advice: reinstalling .NET Framework and replacing the uiautomationcore file. Alas, nothing works.

I could use some help as I want to play Project Reality again and have never had these kind of problems.

Quote:
[code]Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2015-03-27T19:04:49

Further details can be found in the following file:

E:\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.InvokePatternIdentifier s' threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at MS.Internal.Automation.UiaCoreTypesApi.RawUiaLooku pId(AutomationIdType type, Guid& guid)
at System.Windows.Automation.AutomationIdentifier.Reg ister(AutomationIdType type, Guid guid, String programmaticName)
at System.Windows.Automation.InvokePatternIdentifiers ..cctor()
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.Ini tialize()
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer..cc tor()
at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.Rai seFocusChangedEventHelper(IInputElement newFocus)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.ChangeFocus(De pendencyObject focus, Int32 timestamp)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(Dependen cyObject focus, Boolean askOld, Boolean askNew, Boolean forceToNullIfFailed)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(IInputEl ement element)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.O nSetFocus(IntPtr hwnd)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.F ilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessa ge(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Herbiie
''I never have had to wait for deviation, all you have to do is fire from the hip alot screaming like a girl like I do and you'll be fine.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3bVc...eature=related
Some comment on IDF movie
''Key words: two dead terrorists. End of story. High fuckin 5.''
samthegreat4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 21:54   #5
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

link to my WINDOWS 7 X64 file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtsxz60zsr...nCore.dll?dl=0

Copy the DLL to C:\Windows\System32\
In an elevated command prompt: %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe %windir%\System32\UIAutomationCore.dll

I know it seems the wrong way round by pacing a 64 bit dll into the System32 directory,, but that's the way it works.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 22:57   #6
samthegreat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
link to my WINDOWS 7 X64 file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtsxz60zsr...nCore.dll?dl=0

Copy the DLL to C:\Windows\System32\
In an elevated command prompt: %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe %windir%\System32\UIAutomationCore.dll

I know it seems the wrong way round by pacing a 64 bit dll into the System32 directory,, but that's the way it works.
Thanks for the reply, but I already did a fresh install of Windows. This was not the only thing that was giving me an error: my snipping tool wouldn't start, my device manager wouldn't load, windows photo viewer didn't work, etc.

So I just went on a rage and reinstalled.

Herbiie
''I never have had to wait for deviation, all you have to do is fire from the hip alot screaming like a girl like I do and you'll be fine.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3bVc...eature=related
Some comment on IDF movie
''Key words: two dead terrorists. End of story. High fuckin 5.''
samthegreat4 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
exception, launcher, win