project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
billysmall44

Send a message via Skype™ to billysmall44
Default Ask a guy who is Army Infantry anything related

I recently completed training this summer, and now I am stationed in NY. Had enough money to buy a new computer, and I'm ready to play some PR. Ask me anything
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default re: Ask a guy who is Army Infantry anything related

congrats on passing basic. have any good basic training stories you'd like to share with us? i luv bct stories

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
billysmall44

Oh you know it. This is probably my favorite one to tell, even though I have plenty more:

So we were in red phase, and we were rucking to a communications class about 2 miles away. We had this big ripped guy who was falling out already a mile in. Gasping for air, and sucking hard. One of the DS gets on him and tell him to quit ect. We keep going and this guy is at the back of the formation, sweating like crazy and looking like he is about to die. Anyways, he makes it. When we finish the class, we form up to ruck back, and he is seen talking to one of the drill sergeants. Next thing we know, he is on a litter and we are being told to carry him back. Why? Nobody knows. As far as we know, he is just captain shitbag trying to get out of the ruck back. We pick him up and start marching. It was pretty brutal, and the heat pretty much tears us down. He doesnt say a word on the way back. He just laid there in the litter and took a nap. We get back to the CTA (Where we sleep) and all he says is "im sorry guys i don't know whats wrong with me, i feel so sick" but we all think he is a shit bag and pay him no attention. Fast forward about a week. We are getting smoked in the bay for some reason and this guy can't even do one push up. So we do flutter kicks and he can't do any of those either. Let me remind you this guy is about 200 pounds, and shredded as hell. We finish our smoking and get to our feet, but he just lays there gasping for air, shitbagging it up. The SDS flips shit, and stands him up and THROWS him into a wall locker. Screaming at him and trying to get this kid to throw a punch into his face so he could break his bones. Needless to say that freaked the rest of us out. The kid says he wants to go to sick call the next morning and he does. We don't see him for like 2 weeks. He just disappears. In all honesty, we thought he went AWOL. Well, our SDS left right around that time as well. He just left and there wasnt anything said. One day our new SDS called us up and we all sat in a circle around him. He then begins to tell us that the kid who we thought was a shit bag had the end stages of LEUKEMIA! He almost DIED. The only reason he stayed alive was because of all the water we were forced to drink. We put it together and assumed our old SDS was sent back to his unit for putting his hands on the kid, when he was actually nearly dead.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Why the Army and not a different branch?

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Haha fck, I bet that was a big surprise jesus.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

What is the number of the unit and who is in command?
Structure of unit, full list or issued firearms, military vehicles including trucks, number of active personnel?

Pleeeeeeease

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
[R-DEV]Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
What is the number of the unit and who is in command?
Structure of unit, full list or issued firearms, military vehicles including trucks, number of active personnel?

Pleeeeeeease
Oh you.....

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Anderson29
Supporting Member

good story man.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
billysmall44

Nosferatu, I can tell you a little about my unit even though I know your trolling. I'm in a heavy weapons company in 1st BCT. We roll with gun trucks, .50 cals, mk-19s, and TOW missiles.

Desmolock, I joined the army because I my marine recruiter was a total douche, and my army recruiter was a cool guy. That's pretty much it.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
foxtwofive
Supporting Member

^Is that unit apart of the 10th Mountain Division?

Playing PR Since 0.4
*CONIURATIONE FACTA*
"This is the calm before the storm, Armageddon dawn."
foxtwofive is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, guy, infantry, related