project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
MutSard960
Default New guy here. I guess it's safe to assume that the Aussie community for PR is dead?

As you can probably tell from the title, I'm Australian.

Found about 3 Aussie servers last night while trying to play, only to find them all empty. I take it the Aussie community for Project Reality has fizzled out and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and play on the US/EU servers?
MutSard960 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: New guy here. I guess it's safe to assume that the Aussie community for PR is dea

I'm pretty sure Big D is populated during your peak hours?
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
MutSard960
Default Re: New guy here. I guess it's safe to assume that the Aussie community for PR is dea

I was under the impression that they were quite popular, but I jumped on last night at around 7-8PM and found the servers completely empty.

Unless they mainly stick to playing on weekends. In any case, I'll keep playing on the US servers if I'm unable to play the Aussie ones.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

7-8 PM is not really peak hour... Try on Fridays nights, Saturday afternoons or Sunday.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
AnA10Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
7-8 PM is not really peak hour... Try on Fridays nights, Saturday afternoons or Sunday.
Yes. I have seen Aussie servers full on weekends and Friday nights. That, and the ping shouldn't be too bad for US servers, I've seen Aussies on our servers all the time.

"There's no way it's 3:30, oh wait, that's not my clock, that's my altimeter."-Happy, DCS World
AnA10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
MutSard960

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnA10Warthog View Post
Yes. I have seen Aussie servers full on weekends and Friday nights. That, and the ping shouldn't be too bad for US servers, I've seen Aussies on our servers all the time.
Ah, that's good then. Cheers!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

No it tends to be weekends when everyone goes on and generally doesn't really get full until after 10:30pm for some reason. There are easily enough Australians playing to pop the server just have to get the right time. Also welcome to PR.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
psychickactivity

Hi australian gamer , i remember the interview i do with Tonnie for australian army , when i see that i have not afraid about your gamers , have a nice read ...

Hello has you [R-DEV]Tonnie , Thank you lend The briefing was to answer questions ...

1) So could you describe yourself so that our readers can know who you are?;

T : G'day my names Brenton, I live in Australia and recently out of the Australian Army.
I currently work with a game design studio and work at KFC in Australia.

2) Since when did you come on Project Reality ... And what do you find on this game ...

T : I started modding PR about 2 years ago, What i found in PR was a great fun Teamwork based game that only lacked the ADF (Australian Defense Force) so thats why i started modding PR to start with.

3) Can you explain how long the project Australian Force existe and how this idear came to you , what your work in the team [DEV] ..

T : Basically what made me want the Aussies ingame was that i was in the Australian army at the time and wanted to see them in PR.
Well the Australian Faction has now been under development for around 2 years. My position in getting it all together includes:

1: 3d Modeling - Basically every new weapon and vehicle in the Australian forces are my models

2: Skinning - This includes both reskining existing vehicles. example: New texture for the Black Hawk so
that its the Australian Version

3: Coding - Simple weapon and vehicle coding

4: Map Audits - Just simple stuff like adding the Australian force to a existing map ect

5: Australian Defense Force Manager: So i make sure everything gets done.

4) How did you people develop this project with you and are you satisfied with the progress of work.How you see the future of your project ...

How is a hard question but basicly the software we use include:
Photoshop
3ds Max Pro 9
BF2 Editor
As for am i happy with the progress. Yes, i am very happy

5) We have in France different team's who play PR , how many have you in Australia ?...

T : Yes. We have a Australian based communitty over at bigD you guys should check it out some time

6) Australia is a faction, you already have some ideas of areas of combat zone map desert, or urban ..

T : We currently have a few maps that include some good urban but also desert maps. Currently we have *** maps still being made:

Rural Push - Based in Australian Outback (ADF vs China)

Colsberg - Based in Australian Outback (ADF vs China)

Iron Eagle - Based in the Middle East (ADF vs Taliban)

Island Chain - Based in the Pacific Ocean next to Australia (ADF vs Indonesia)

Xiangjiang River - Based in China (ADF vs China)

Siege of Cehennam City - Based in Turkey (ADF vs MEC)

7) We can see a little pictures of your Map work in progress , can you tell us if we can see .

Sure, This is our most finished map :

"Iron Eagle"

And we can see :

"Island Chain"

The weapons of Australian's army:

"F88"

"F89 MINIMI"

"SR-90"

Vehicules of Australian army

"BushMaster"

"Aslav"

"Tiger ARH"

"AF/18"

What would the factions you'll meet integrated AF

T : You will see the Indonesian Army and the Indonesian Rebels

9) We can see the camo, it's a very good job.

T : Yep this is the DPCU (woodland) and DDCU (desert) camo.

10) To what version of this PR project could see it being? .Is it for the 0.9? Or is it a secret defense?..

lol well at this current time we will be looking at trying to get it in .95 so a little wile to wait but might be earlier

thank you for your participation and wish you good luck for this project ..

cheers mate hope you enjoyed

psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

When was that interview?

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
BroCop

Judging by the last question this is pre 0.9? That would be like 3 years ago?

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assume, aussie, community, dead, guess, guy, safe