project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Khamisiyah feedback

Please post feedback on Khamisiyah in this thread. This includes the map itself, AAS layers, assets, performance, etc. If you have spotted a bug or are having technical issues, please use the appropriate forum for those.

Thanks

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Felix

Default Re: Khamisiyah feedback

Awesome map, fun to play and looks gorgeous.
Only complaint I have is that I think large layer is unbalanced, I'm talking about the jets.
First of all I don't understand why US army gets Marine jets (F/A-18C and AV-8B).
Second giving US 1 F/A-18C and 3 AV-8Bs when fighting against 2 MiG-29s and 2 SU-22 makes it really unbalanced because the AV-8B is a really really bad jet compared to the SU-22 and the MiG-29. The SU-22 out turns the AV-8B any day, and the MiG-29 is so much faster that the AV-8B doesn't stand a chance.
The AV-8B is also really weak and every time it gets hit by AA it goes instantly dead every time.
I've never seen anyone do good in the AV-8B and all they do every match is just to die and waste tickets.
So it ends up with the F/A-18C taking the fight alone against 4 enemy jets that have no problems taking it out (not even the SU-22 because it turns so sharp that it is next to impossible for AAs to hit it, just like the J-10 used to be in vanilla bf2).
I'd like to see F-16s and A-10s on this layer. I know the A-10 might not be equal to the SU-22 but if you gave the SU-22 two additional bombs it might be balanced.

Twig life
Felix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks. I goofed when placing the jet assets for the 128 layer, so that's why there aren't two F/A-18s. I'm updating that layer shortly so you'll see some changes when a patch comes out. We're also testing some denser smoke for the oil fires. Once everything is tested, we'll integrate it into a patch with the jet changes.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Felix

But why do you put marine jets on the US Army layer?

Twig life
Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Sometimes the army and marines have joint ops, I mean the jets on kashan aren't army, theyre US air force.

I think the biggest thing I dislike about this map is that the US main is in the center south of the map and not south east, this allows for an easy chemical weapons facility rush before the enemy can get there with assets, even though they start with the flag. It also kind of makes it so that the isnt behind enemy lines, but kind of on a flank, for the first flag in US cap order. I find armour likes to clash right outside the US main to the north of it. Fighting so close to base feels awkward.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

My favourite 4km desert map.

I miss a layout where the beautiful river and village come into play at an earlier stage of the game and not only when MEC gets steamrolled

[R-MOD]Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
BigBang
Send a message via ICQ to BigBang

nice map but missing that "forgotten town"
BigBang is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
But why do you put marine jets on the US Army layer?
Because US Army doesn't get any own aircraft?
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
Felix's point is that typically you see USAF aircraft supporting the US Army on the ground, with the USMC and US Navy aircraft supporting the USMC on the ground. Although this isn't always the case its what you typically see happen as they tend to work hand in hand on operations.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
They own a lot of aircrafts mainly helicopters such as the AH-64 and UH-60. Fixed wing aircraft used by the US Army are for non-front line combat and light transport roles.

However according to Wikipedia US Army relies on USAF to do air support. USAF used to be a part of the army anyways until 1947. So I just feel like it would be more natural to have USAF jets on this map because of this and also because there is only one layer on kashan that has F-16s on it meanwhile you can find the F/A-18 on three different layers...

Twig life

Tags
feedback, khamisiyah