project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
lil_terror
Default Possibility for throwing knife...

I thought it could be possible to throw one's knife... it could be as a alternative fire function..

Afterwards just go over to your victim pull out knife from his scull and move on hehehe

Dont know if it has been mentioned before, havent seen it...

The Bedouin rulez the desert - soon also the Battlefield!! (Lil'Terror aka Bedouin).
lil_terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Ugly Duck

The interstate mod had it. However there was no way to retrieve a throw knife, so they gave you about 15 knives. Primary fire was the slash attack, secondary was to throw it.

As for a realism mod... I dunno how realistic it would be to have a bunch of guys throwin knives arround. We can't all be Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

no, too bad we can't...

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Eddie Baker
Banned
Default Re: Possibility for throwing knife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_terror
I thought it could be possible to throw one's knife... it could be as a alternative fire function..

Afterwards just go over to your victim pull out knife from his scull and move on hehehe

Dont know if it has been mentioned before, havent seen it...
Modern, military issue fighting knives and bayonets are not balanced for throwing in any way, shape or form. It is doubtful that there are any militaries that still train their soldiers in knife-throwing. Knife-throwing is a good circus act, movie stunt or hand-eye coordination exercise, but it ceased being a practical combat skill ages ago, if it ever was practical to begin with. In short, it is not realistic.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
Tacamo

Maybe that knife Spetznaz use that fires a bullet can make a cameo. Good old NRS-2 or NRS-3.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:55 AM   #6
keef_haggerd
Send a message via AIM to keef_haggerd Send a message via MSN to keef_haggerd

haah! that would be awsome!

and how about in a WWII mod they throw in the Liberator in a french resistance map =P

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun"
-Full Metal Jacket
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 AM   #7
SaWeD

what french resistance ?

Never play cards with any man named "Doc."
Never eat at any place called "Mom's."
And never, never, no matter what else you do in your whole life, never sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own.
SaWeD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

hahaha ooooh watch out for that last comment there! of course everyone knows how instrumental the french resistance was to allied success in that part of the War.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:51 PM   #9
SaWeD

lol....

And never, never, no matter what else you do in your whole life, never sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #10
SaWeD

hehe...now that i think about it i think they only fought for what little less than half a month before the surrendered to the germans who came through ardennes forest and dodging there ever invincible maginot line....hehe

Tags
knife, possibility, throwing