project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
phlupple

Default Combat Medic - Healing too slow?

I searched but couldn't find a thread on this subject, which amazes me. Apologies if this is a duplicate.

I agree with the general sentiment I came across while talking to Medics during the beta, which is that medic healing is now too slow. I for one am open to it taking longer than it did in 0.98, but I think this is too far.

I would argue that Medic is already an 'unpopular' kit because people would rather take a grenadier or machine gun than be the squad's bitch. Making healing a longer and more tedious task feels like a slap in the face to those who are willing to take the kit that a lot of players categorically avoid.

From a pure gameplay perspective, healing just 'felt' too long. I lost count of the amount of times people complained in local about how long it was taking. I'm sure part of that is just an adjustment process, but it doesn't feel like a longer heal time adds anything to gameplay.

Summary: In my opinion, longer healing slows things down in a bad 'this is tedious' way, not a good 'this is realistic' way. I would prefer to see a heal time closer to that of 0.98.
phlupple is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
yellodeath
Default Re: Combat Medic - Healing too slow?

I feel like it should be longer, this is an issue that people will go one way or the other on

for realism it should be even longer, you're healing bullet holes and playing god.... so yeah 10-20 seconds is pretty quick

plus you can avoid it if you avoid bullets, like you should be doing (lol jk)

I hate medics on the other team ALL the damn time and anything that makes them linger around longer and be exposed for me to come up and blast two people is welcomed
yellodeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
[FC]Freddie
Supporting Member

Was fine in 0.98, don't recall anyone ever asking for it to be made slower.
Perhaps someplace between the two versions would be a compromise.

http://www.forgottencompany.com/images/forgotten_co_sm.jpg
[FC]Freddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Conman51

I got used to the way it was in the beta. And i kind of like it now.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

You can have 2 medics per squad, so I guess that was the primary reason for the change.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You can have 2 medics per squad, so I guess that was the primary reason for the change.
Using two medics to heal one guy is not an option.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

And if 2 different people are injured? Not to mention that you could get a squad back up from the dead with 2 medics extremely fast. It's a matter of perspective. I personally think that 1 medic per (8 man)squad suffices, but others are free to say it's not.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
And if 2 different people are injured?
Well that wouldn't make a difference then, would it? Healing two people with two medics will take the same amount of time as healing one guy with one medic.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
DavviZ

I think it was ? Good decision to increase the heal time, but in the beta it was a bit too long. Make it a bit shorter and I'll be happy
DavviZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #10
Metpox

I would agree with yellodeath above. This was a very welcome change. Could even be a bit longer, but we're not going for full realism here, right? If I remember right, PR devs stated that there should be a healthy balance between gameplay and realism.

As long as it's faster than in ArmA ACE, I'm happy. But when we go above that magical 20 - 30 seconds, I feel it just takes away from gameplay, especially in TvT such as Project Reality.

What? Where? Me? No...
Metpox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, healing, medic, slow