project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
17 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-06-29, 06:03   #1
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default [Official] Vehicles Feedback

If you got any feedback regarding vehicles post that in this thread.
This includes sounds, balancing, functionality and armament.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:12   #2
Unhealed

Default Re: Vehicles Feedback

Technical gunner is too vulnerable, he is getting killed in a two seconds. Even when mounting up armored technical. It's almost useless against infantry now, unless you camp real hard.
Also MH-6 little bird is too tough, I was firing at it with my PKM, my clan-mate was firing a browning m2 at the same time and it didn't even smoked. It was really close, like 150 meters from us and we fired at a pilot's cabin for 6-8 seconds straight with no result.
Last edited by Unhealed; 2013-06-29 at 12:18.. Reason: it was PKM not DP-27
Old 2013-06-29, 20:13   #3
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Transport Helicopters with the new wheel system are AWESOME but we need a parking brake. I was constantly struggling in keeping the Helo in their helipad

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 11:03   #4
F33bz

The .50 cal door gunner in the marine CAS huey has to reload far too often. Needs a larger belt, slower rate of fire, or just remove reloading for it.
F33bz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 12:22   #5
Unhealed

I have tried techicnicals again, they are still really usefull, but mostly when you camp around a cache for example(that overheat indicator and pkm on the front seat and splash damage from 50 cal really helps btw), which is not a bad thing at all, I am really glad that nobody is making those ridiculous drive-bys anymore, another aspect of gameplay has become more realistic. Nice job!
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 14:57   #6
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

The Russian trans heli went tripping balls on me when I land, those wheels go really fast either back or forward if I don't land it on a completely flat surface. I like the damage thing so you can fly back to main though!

PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:45   #7
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

are the spawn times drastically reduced? I don't like that, they shouldn't be any shorter than they were before

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:51   #8
Grober

China WZ 550 (TOW stuff)
Can be solo operated
Gunner and Driver can be in separate squads
Grober is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:52   #9
Grober

And i like new lower time dellay for assets but i think there is a little to many of them(kind of)
Grober is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 23:09   #10
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhealed View Post
Technical gunner is too vulnerable, he is getting killed in a two seconds. Even when mounting up armored technical. It's almost useless against infantry now, unless you camp real hard.
Then please "camp" with the techi. It's a vehicle that has an exposed .50 gunner, if what youre saying is true and they've removed the invisible .50 gun shield, for a real one, then simply adapt to the new changes, instead of trying to force a vehicle that is not suitable for a role into a role. Use it to fire at helicopters, vehicles, set up ambushes, use it at long range with a spotter (use the tracers). Driving straight into the face of 6 guys with rifles and machine guns is just dumb. A small 1.5x times zoom or something to improve long range utility, as you're facing infantry with optics would be nice. Think of it as you focusing very intently down the sights. The .50 rover for the british already features a small zoom.

edit: there is already a small zoom for .50 techis. Thank you based devs.

The M240 on the blackhawk has a small zoom when you use the sights. I adore that feature, very glad the door guns have been made more viable.
Last edited by 40mmrain; 2013-07-01 at 04:31..

Tags
feedback, official, vehicles