project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
pr|Zer0

Default Muttrah City

This map has one major "flaw": lack of undergrowth. This city is the cleanest I ever saw.Its near to impossible to set an proper ambush using CE kit, because laying minefields is pointless(well, not really, but I rather kill enemy asset, be it a logi or an apc, instead of just telling him "you cannot pass here, I have mines").
Point being, I think this map needs some dirt, garbage and stuff(undergrowth) to make CE kit more effective.

pr|Zer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #2
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to Moszeusz6Pl
Default Re: Muttrah City

This is because this map was never done, and Rhino don't have time to finish it.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
ExeTick
Supporting Member

you could always ask Rhino for permission to add such things?

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

http://hexebella.com/wp-content/uplo...4/DSC_0384.jpg
http://www.layoverguide.com/wp-conte...ttrah-Oman.jpg

The city is regarded as pretty clean for the ME. There is also quite a bit of rubbish in the alleyways. But yes, some of the back streets and even main streets could do with more, but in r/l generally mines are laid on concrete/tarmac surfaces and can't be "dug under them" either, nor is it common practice to hide mines in rubbish bags on the streets...

And as Moszeusz said, I never did get round to 100% finishing the map as I envisioned when I set out. Hopefully one day I'll get round to finishing the map but till then you will just have to play with it as it is.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
[R-CON]Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

As Rhino said, the city is in a good shape. I never saw rubbish on the big streets or sidewalks. Inside the city the sidwalks were abit messy, because of all the shops having stuff standing around on it, but I would still not consider it dirty. The urban areas in some city parts looked alittle bedraggled because of the houses, which were not all in a very good shape, but the streets were mostly clean.

Its the narrow streets and alleyways that are missing in PR Muttrah, they would give you good opportunities to ambush. But Muttrah is an AAS map with 2 big armies fighting each other. Ambushing would not fit into gameplay anyways. It always annoys me when USMC lonewolf engi's, camp South City and plant C4 and mines.

[R-CON]Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
General_Elbi

I doubt that the garbage collection will be as effective during war as can be seen in the picture...
General_Elbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Elbi View Post
I doubt that the garbage collection will be as effective during war as can be seen in the picture...
Indeed hence why I said it could do with some more, but the city has been mostly evacuated after the occupation of the MEC in the likelihood of a NATO attack

Old 05-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Indeed hence why I said it could do with some more, but the city has been mostly evacuated after the occupation of the MEC in the likelihood of a NATO attack
A few trees and cars left on the main waterfront would be nice additions. I used to like this map. You did a really great job but its overplayed so much now that I cringe when it loads up.

- sent using Tapatalk HD

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
Pronck
Supporting Member

Maybe a few craters from the artillery barrage the US sent in before the troops?

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
Maybe a few craters from the artillery barrage the US sent in before the troops?
The city is being liberated in my sub plot so collateral damage would be an issue there.

Tags
city, muttrah