project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
14 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-01-13, 21:29   #1
Felix

Default Disabling helicopters after v0.98 update seems worse?

Disabling helicopters has become far to easy after the 0.98 update. I dont know if you have done anything to make it easier to disable choppers, but it seems like that they go down from just a couple of rounds (i got shot down in a huey by 2 50 cal rounds once) and before it seemed to almost never happen. I think this feature should be removed anyways cause its so random and ridiculous, at least put it back to how it was.

Twig life
Felix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 21:59   #2
Kaland
Default Re: Disabling helicopters after v0.98 update

It's exactly the same as before Felix, so it's just you being unlucky
PR 0.98 didn't add anything new other than integrating the mini-mods into the main mod itself.
Kaland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:45   #3
Felix

PR 0.98 did have some fixes, for example they fixed that when you dropped your kit your movement would stop so you could use it to drop down from great heights without taking any damage. They also fixed some stuff on Pavlovsk Bay spawnpoints and location of carrier.
And they must have changed something with the helicopters too cause there are so many complaining about it now than there was before, and I've shot down so many choppers with small arms without the choppers even starting to smoke.

Twig life
Felix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:55   #4
nAyo
Banned

I've noticed this as well, but I don't know whether it's just bad luck. Seems like choppers get immobilized quicker than before.
Last edited by nAyo; 2013-01-14 at 09:32..
Old 2013-01-14, 09:06   #5
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
It's exactly the same as before Felix, so it's just you being unlucky
PR 0.98 didn't add anything new other than integrating the mini-mods into the main mod itself.
That's bs, have you not played 0.981? The angle of which AAVP shoots its 40mms has been changed to below the camera rather than the previous right side. You can't drop a kit and surivive a fall. Pavlovsk bay was changed heaps. And other changes that I can't think of right now but the point is, they changed stuff into 0.981, it wasn't just about adding the damned minimods.

Transhelis and small helicopters e.g. kiowa get immobilized from a very small amount of .50cal or 14.5mm. (BTR/ZPU-4). And when I say small, I mean ridiculously tiny amounts. Flying trans is impossible if the enemy team has a .50cal and a low pinger manning it.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:41   #6
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

You're imagining things. The things that got changed in 0.98:
- Map Pack (Pavlovsk got some fixes)
- Vietnam
- Falklands (Goose Green got Argentine voices fixed, and some other little minor coding/localization tweaks)
- Normandy (all maps got some minor GPO tweaks)
- 2 sneaky exploit fixes in Python (the drop kit exploit being one of them)

Helicopters did not get touched, neither did the damage bullets put out. You're imagining things

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:48   #7
nAyo
Banned

Well ye it was some bad luck then, I really thought something had been changed though. Placebo effect consequences!
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:41   #8
spawncaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
Could you tell what the other one was? Shouldn't be a problem since it has been fixed and nobody's playing with the older versions anyway.

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:17   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
You're imagining things. The things that got changed in 0.98:
- Map Pack (Pavlovsk got some fixes)
- Vietnam
- Falklands (Goose Green got Argentine voices fixed, and some other little minor coding/localization tweaks)
- Normandy (all maps got some minor GPO tweaks)

Helicopters did not get touched, neither did the damage bullets put out. You're imagining things
AAVP firing angle was changed. Grr...
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 16:36   #10
KillJoy[Fr]

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disabling, helicopters, update, v098, worse