project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to Moszeusz6Pl
Default [Menu] New/Improved HUDs (PR:F) [WIP]

I was looking in HUD editing task, and I can do basic fixing, but I can't find a way to open ingame.mep, where are other files to edit/create.

Edit: Can you give me correct names of all weapons and some other references of HUD color, position, so I can start working on it?

And also tell me which GUI index should I use for it.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 01-03-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow Re: [2D Art] New/Improved HUDs (PR:F) [WIP]

Right moved your post into to a new topic

Basically what I'm hoping for here is generally new HUDs for these jets but any fixes would be good ones

First of all the HUDs for each type of Jet in PR:F and their weapons:

Common HUD Stuff
Spoiler for Common HUD Stuff:
There are a few things common to all the HUDs for all jets that are needed and should be in the same format for all the HUDs that jet uses, although can change format from jet to jet but should be on them somewhere.
  1. Air Speed with a box showing air speed (box being a little too small in this pic since when you reach a 4fig number it doesn't quite fit in)
  2. Throttle %, very important element that is missing on some jet HUDs
  3. Sea Level Altitude Meter, Box should be a tiny bit bigger like the speed box since it doesn't go up to 4 figs, and in the case of PR:F, is always says your 10k above where you really are due to a little hack I had to do, dunno if you can fix this anyway HUD side? Keeping in mind this HUD needs to work on all maps, not just The Falklands with its strange water
  4. Compass, although this isn't very important since most people use the compass on the bottom of the screens that has the 3D Markers arrow on it etc its still worth putting in.
  5. Cross-hair, should ideally be the same across all the HUDs but some will need to be different for some secondary weapons.
  6. Artificial Horizon Lines
  7. Cannon and Rounds, should be ladled on all HUDs
  8. Flare counter, this currently is only on the "Radar Off" HUD on all jets but would be good if it could be on all HUDs
  9. Secondary Weapon Selected, Radar Off = no secondary weapon selected.

Radar Concept
Spoiler for Radar Concept:
Me and Jafar have been talking about this idea for some time and that is to give the jets that have radars built into them an advantage over ones that do not. There are only really two jets with "AA Radar" on them that can detect enemy/friendly jets in PR:F and that is the Sea Harrier FRS1 and the Mirage IIIEA. The Rest (IAI Dagger, Harrier GR3, A-4 (although the A-4C version we show ingame dose have a radar, but no AA missiles)) don't have a radar and even thou the IAI Dagger has AA missiles on it (and the others can also have them on them) should have a disadvantage at "finding jets" from the others. The only one with any real difference right now would be the Dagger, and possibly the Anti-Ship version of the Mirage (since the Super Etendard which its a place holder for, its radar is designed to search out ground targets, not air afaik).

The basic idea behind this concept is that jets with radar would be able to see a lock box (with distance meter on them too) on an enemy/friendly jet right out to the edge of the View Distance (VD) providing they where looking towards them, but wouldn't be able to lock onto them until the weapon was in range (that part of the code isn't a problem). Right now the lock box only shows up just above the weapons lock range, and while we are not 100% sure on what makes this happen, we think its something to do with the HUD settings.

Note, some HUDs below may need two versions of them being made, for jets with radar, and jets without, ie, short range missile HUD for 1st the Mirage IIIEA which has a radar, and another for the Dagger which doesn't have a radar.

The key to what makes the lock box show up far beyond the weapons lock range right to the VD will probably be found inside the Su-25's Air to Ground missile HUD which the Mirage IIIEA Anti-Ship version uses currently for its Anit-Ship HUD:

Mirage IIIEA / IAI Dagger HUD
Spoiler for Mirage IIIEA / IAI Dagger HUD:
This is really the only decent ref I've got the Mirage III's HUD, which is from another flight sim and not sure how accurate it is.

Also got this one from the same game, note no dots around the cross-hair, ie, different weapon selected:

Dunno if anyone can confirm this or have any better refs, if they do please share

Note these HUDs have very little on them compared to PR's HUDs like not having air speed, weapon selected etc so we will need to add them to the HUD, even if unrealistic but this gives us a unique base to work from

Now since the Mirage/Dagger has a total of 5 different weapons (including cannon) which require 5 Different HUDs:
  1. Radar Off - 2x 30mm DEFA Cannon (on all the other HUDs too)
  2. Short Range Air To Air Missile - Matra R.550 Magic
  3. Long Range Air To Air Missile - Matra R.530
  4. 500lb Bombs - Mk 82 GPB (General Purpose Bomb)
  5. Anti-Ship Missile - AM39 Exocet

0. Common Mirage/Dagger HUD Stuff
Main theme is pretty much a yellow HUD, cross-hair and Artificial Horizon being pretty much identical between all the HUDs, compass on the bottom as per the refs above with all the other common stuff mention in "Common HUD Stuff" but just in a yellow theme

1. Radar Off HUD
For this I recommend we go with this HUD here as a base, with the basic cross-hairs, Artificial Horizon lines and compass on the bottom, + the bits from the Common HUDs section.
So basically, no circle or anything around the cross-hair, just it, the Artificial Horizon, compass, airspeed etc and red "Radar Off" in the bottom left.
Cannon should be labelled as "DEFA"

2. Short Range Air To Air Missile
For this I recommend we go with this HUD here as a base, other than the dots being in a perfect circle around with it staying within the HUD glass, ie, same sort of size as this one: http://i.imgur.com/ii8mb.jpg
Missile being used is the "Matra R.550 Magic" Short Range Air To Air Missile
Note if your going to try and do the "Radar Concept" there needs to be two versions of this HUD, one with it and one without the lock boxes showing all the way to the VD.

3. Long Range Air To Air Missile
Basically the same as the Short Range AtA Missile HUD, but with a bigger circle or maybe the same size circle within the HUD glass (like it being in the glass) but being solid circle rather than dots?
No refs to go on for this so its really what you like but should have a clear difference between the short range and long range missile HUDs.
Missile being used is the "Matra R.530 Magic" Long Range Air To Air Missile
Note this HUD is only used on the Mirage IIIEA with radar so if your going to try and do the radar concept this HUD should be able to see lock boxes all the way to the end of the VD

4. 500lb GPB (General Purpose Bomb) HUD
Now normally bombs are not actually named on the HUD, dunno if you want to start but you can. Basically for this what I recommend is we keep the cross-hair from the other Mirage HUDs, and we just add in the line going downwards (1) that moves as you tilt your wings with the hirzon, showing where the bomb is going to drop towards, and keep the bottom lip (2) excatly where it is, just in yellow.

If you want to label the bombs they are the "Mk 82 500lb GPB" (may in the future be "Mk 82 Snakeye 500lb GPB" which are basically the same bomb, with drag thins on the back: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4533691%29.jpg)

5. Anti-Ship Missile HUD
This is quite a tricky one since there isn't really anything to go on so its really up to you what you want to do here. Current HUD we use is the Air to Ground Missile HUD from the SU-25 which has a big cross-hair and some lock boxes in the corner, and some Russian text, bottom right one flashes which I'm guessing says "armed" or something:

Might want to do something similar just in a yellow theme, although if possible keeping the cross-hair bit etc inside the HUD glass would be good
Missile being used is the "AM39 Exocet Anti-Ship Missile" (should state its an Anti-Ship missile if you can fit it in somewhere). Note this is a radar guided missile that in r/l, is fired waaay beyond visual range (although not ingame) and the lock box should extend all the way to the end of the VD as it dose on the current HUD used and the lock box should have a distance in meters.

A-4 Skyhawk HUD
Spoiler for A-4 Skyhawk HUD:
Now from what I understand the A-4 was made in a time before HUDs and as such, didn't really have one. Instead it had the old fashioned "gun sights" which you saw in WW2 planes that looks a bit like these, 2nd one probably being the most accurate to the one used in the Falklands:

As such what I recommend is we sorta go 1/2 and 1/2 on gun sight and HUD and what's not.
Basically what I'm thinking is we keep the gunsight bit in the middle that doesn't rotate etc, no artificial horizon lines or anything and then around it have the normal airspeed, weapon selected etc bits working like they would on a normal HUD, and keeping the same cross-hair thought all the HUDs since in r/l it wouldn't change per weapon since its just a gun sight, but have the weapon selected text change.

Now the A-4C in its current form has a total of 2 different weapons (including cannon) which require 2 Different HUDs:
  1. Radar Off - 2x 20mm Colt Mk 12 Cannons (on all the other HUDs too)
  2. 500lb Bombs - Mk 82 GPB (General Purpose Bomb)

0. Common A-4C HUD Stuff
Main theme is pretty much a red/orange Gun sight/HUD, don't think it should have a compass but all the other common stuff mention in "Common HUD Stuff" should be in but just in a red/orange theme

1. Radar Off HUD
For this I think just the normal cross hairs/gun sight + the bits from the Common HUDs section. So basically airspeed, alt, throttle % etc and red "Radar Off" in the bottom left.
Cannon should be labelled as "Mk 12"

2. 500lb GPB (General Purpose Bomb) HUD
Now normally bombs are not actually named on the HUD, dunno if you want to start but you can. Basically for this what I recommend is we keep the cross-hair/gun sight and just change the weapon selected name, no working parts like on normal bomb HUDs to show where the bomb is going to drop.
If you want to label the bombs they are the "Mk 82 500lb GPB" but generally they are just ladled "BOMBS" on the HUDs.

A-1H Skyraider HUD
Spoiler for A-1H Skyraider HUD:
Like the A-4, the A-1 was made in a time before HUDs and as such, didn't really have one. Instead it had the old fashioned "gun sights" which you saw in WW2 planes. In fact the A-4 and A-1H uses the exact same gun sight, just the one on the A-1H is in yellow instead of orange:

So basically you just need to copy the same HUD you've done for the A-4, make it yellow and change the weapon names

Now the A-1H, including both PR:F and PR:V versions in its current form has a total of 2 different weapons (including cannon) which require 2 Different HUDs:
  1. Radar Off - 4 ? 20 mm M2 cannons (on all the other HUDs too)
  2. Hydra 70 - Hydra 70mm Rockets
  3. 500lb Bombs - Mk 82 GPB (General Purpose Bomb)
  4. BLU-118 - Napalm Bomb

0. Common A-1H HUD Stuff
Main theme is pretty much a yellow Gun sight/HUD, don't think it should have a compass but all the other common stuff mention in "Common HUD Stuff" should be in but just in a yellow theme

1. Radar Off HUD
For this I think just the normal cross hairs/gun sight + the bits from the Common HUDs section. So basically airspeed, alt, throttle % etc and red "Radar Off" in the bottom left.
Cannon should be labelled as "M2"

2. Hydra 70 Rockets HUD
As per the A-4, basically the same HUD, with only the weapon selected bit changing.
Rockets should be labelled as "HYDRA" or "HYDRA 70" or "ROCKETS" but think its best to state the name of the rocket.

3. 500lb GPB (General Purpose Bomb) HUD
As per the A-4, basically the same HUD, with only the weapon selected bit changing.
If you want to label the bombs they are the "Mk 82 500lb GPB" but generally they are just ladled "BOMBS" on the HUDs.

4. Napalm Bomb HUD
I haven't confirmed the actual name of the bomb yet but I believe its the "BLU-118" Napalm Bomb, but its probably best just to label it as "NAPALM" tbh.

Harrier HUDs
Spoiler for Harrier HUDs:
Now I say "Harrier HUDs" since we have quite a few Harriers, and this isn't just talking about the two in PR:F either.

In total, we have 4 different Harriers:
  1. Sea Harrier FRS1 - Fighter Jet in PR:F
  2. Harrier GR3 - Attack Jet in PR:F
  3. Harrier GR9 - Attack Jet for the British Forces
  4. Harrier AV-8B - Attack Jet for the USMC

Now from what I can tell the general setup of the HUD Between all these Harriers is basically the same although I expect the GR9/AV-8B have a few tweaks and updates since the old ones, but for intensive purposes I recommend we use the same HUD for all the Harriers

HUD looks like a pretty standard NATO HUD from what I can tell, which is mainly green (although some refs are in yellow, but think its because the pilot can modify the colour in r/l, or its just the GR7 has a yellow one where the others have green) and somewhat like the one we have ingame but not quite:

[YOUTUBEHD]lEsclQFoAXc[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]j9_xy4Ergx8[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]Q8bmk4yZAJI[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]JL07clUEIvk[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]j09dllJB47I[/YOUTUBEHD]
[YOUTUBEHD]YQlbZIuxUec[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Harrier has quite a few weapon options, we haven't 100% decided on what is going to be used on the GR9 or AV-8B ingame yet and might have multiple loadouts like we have for the GR3 in PR:F but for the most part the only verity is really in bombs and possibly rockets too. Air to Ground missiles will only be the Maverick, although the GR9 was designed to take the Brimstone ATG missiles, they where never fitted to them other than in basic testing before it was retired.

One thing quite different about the Harrier from other jets in terms of its weapons which really screws things up, HUD wise is that it has "Cannon Pods" rather than inbuilt cannons which can be detached, but worse than that is that is that the USMC use a different Cannon Pod from the British. The British use(d) two "30 mm ADEN cannon Pods" and the USMC use the "GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm Cannon Pod" (note, only one instead of two). However the Brits basically stopped using the cannon pods all together by the time the GR9 came in, but back in 1982 during the Falklands the Sea Harrier FRS1 and Harrier GR3 always had them strapped to their bellies.

As such on the Cannon front what I recommend is instead of labelling the cannon by name, we simply just label it "CANNON" on the HUD and then if the CANNON isn't attached it will just label 0 rounds like the AS version of the Mirage which has its Cannon also removed, if that sounds good to you, otherwise we are going to have loads of cloned HUDs.

So here is basically all the HUDs we will most likely be using:
  1. Radar Off - Cannon (on all the other HUDs too)
  2. Short Range Air To Air Missile - AIM-9 Sidewinder
  3. Bombs - Generic Bomb HUD for both GPBs and LGBs
  4. Rockets - Generic Rocket HUD
  5. Air to Ground Missiles - AGM-65 Maverick

0. Common Harrier HUD Stuff
Main theme is pretty much a green HUD, cross-hair and Artificial Horizon being pretty much identical between all the HUDs, compass on the top as per the refs above with all the other common stuff mention in "Common HUD Stuff" but just in a green theme

With the Artificial Horizon, it would be good if you could get it working realistically with the pitch etc like on the videos, so it moves as you pull up or nose down etc with rotating etc. If you look at the Tornado's HUD ingame you will see it dose this, in fact, the Tornados HUD is pretty similar to what we are looking for in general, although with a few tweaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4TNFLFSP8
In fact its probably worth replacing the old Torando HUD with this new one since the one we are using from OPK IMO has a few issues, mainly with it being quite off the normal HUD system we have in terms of sizing and format etc. I also think its best to work off the HUDs the Harrier is currently using rather than off the Tornado HUD, just using it as a ref for the Artificial Horizon etc

For the crosshair I would recommend, although not totally realistic, we go with this across all HUDs with the very centre of it is where the cannon fires:

Also doing thous same Speed and Alt box fixes you did for the Mirage etc that cover up the buggy alt from the water level

1. Radar Off HUD
For this I recommend we go with this HUD here as a base, with the basic cross-hairs, Artificial Horizon lines and compass, + the bits from the Common HUDs section.
So basically, no circle or anything around the cross-hair, just it, the Artificial Horizon, compass, airspeed etc and red "Radar Off" in the bottom left.
Cannon should be labelled as "CANNON"

2. Short Range Air To Air Missile
For this I recommend we go with Radar Off HUD Theme, but we just add the circle from the current AA HUD to it, in the same size so its inside the glass etc:

Missile being used is the "AIM-9" Short Range Air To Air Missile, although technically in the Falklands the Sea Harrier used the AIM-9L, I think the AV-8B would use a more modern version of the Sidewinder today so best not to state the version of the missile.
NOTE: The only Harrier that has a radar is the Sea Harrier, all other versions of the Harrier do not have any radar and as such, we need two versions of this HUD, for both radar and non-radar usage

3. "Bombs" HUD
Now first of all the Harrier potentially can use a lot of different bombs and will be ingame. The ones we are looking at using are the Mk82 500lb GPB LGB, Paveway II 1000lb LGB & Paveway IV 500lb. Although the BL755 Cluster Bomb isn't totally out of the picture either (although can only be used in PR:F) but unlikely to be made. As such its most likely best just to use a generic bomb HUD for all of them that doesn't specify what type of bomb you have on the HUD, since we are not going to be mixing and matching different types of bomb on the same load-out since the Harrier can't carry that much so it should be fine
For this HUD I think it might be an idea to try and go with what the Harrier really has for its bombing HUD, slightly ditching the old bombing HUD but won't be that different, just the look will be a bit.

[YOUTUBEHD]YQlbZIuxUec[/YOUTUBEHD]
Video is the best ref, the image is missing the circle which is where the computer predicts the bomb to hit. Although there is no way (to my knowledge, at least not without a massive 3rd party hack) for us to have the HUD predict where the bomb is going to land like it dose in r/l, still think its worth adding the circle at the exact same point where the line on normal bombing hud meets that bottom ark, although might be worth trying to fit it into the glass but that will look odd being so small for starters, and will ruin any pilot's bombing skills who have trained on the current HUD, as you can use it to hit targets even in PR so best to have the dot be at the same point the old bombing hud met the ark line at the bottom IMO

Crosshair etc is all the same, and just label the weapon as "BOMBS"
This HUD should also show up laser targets and if the weapon can, be able to lock onto them
BTW the Mirage and A-4 bombing HUDs should also be able to do that (although not lock since they only have GPBs, not LGBs but still good to have the HUD be able to lock if it has a LGB on it for w/e reason).

4. "Rockets" HUD
Right don't really have anything to go off here for what this HUD should look like tbh. Best thing is probably do roughly the same thing as the Harrier's current rocket HUD which is those dashes in a small circle but around the normal crosshair unlike what we have now with no crosshair in the middle:

Weapon should be ladled as "ROCKETS" as per the above pic since, even thou its likley that only the Harrier GR3 with its 50mm rockets will be the only Harrier to have rockets in PR, best to keep it generic just encase and multiple types of rocket are not going to be used on the same jet

5. Air to Ground Missile HUD
Right don't really have anything to go off here again for what this HUD should look like. Best thing is probably do roughly the same thing as the A-10 and SU-25 AtG Missile HUD which is a big + boxed in but around the normal crosshair and possibly making it smaller so its all inside the HUD glass, also "LGM Armed" bit could also be used

Weapon should be ladled as "AGM-65" as per the above pic

Spoiler for Questions:
As for your questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moszeusz6Pl View Post
I was looking in HUD editing task, and I can do basic fixing, but I can't find a way to open ingame.mep, where are other files to edit/create.
TBH I don't know much about HUD editing... Maybe someone can help you out more with this but this tool might help: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189...ud-editor.html

Quote:
And also tell me which GUI index should I use for it.
You can always find the GUIIndex.txt in \menu\HUD\HudSetup\GUIIndex.txt which lists all the GUI Indexes but the one in the current version is most likely out of date so here is the one from the repo:
Code:
GUI Index:
PROPOSED HELICOPTERS TO 500 RANGE:
501 - AH1 Pilot *done
502 - AH1 Pilot w Sidewinder *done
503 - AH1 Gunner Cannon *done
504 - AH1 Wire Guided *done
505 - AH1 Laser Guided *done
506 - AH1 Pilot with flares

507 - AH6 Pilot M134 & Rockets
508 - AH6 Pilot M134 & Flares

509 - MH6 Pilot

510 - UH1N/OH58D Rockets & Flares

511 - OH58D 50cal & Rockets
512 - OH58D 50cal & Flares
513 - OH58D Flares

519 - FLIR camera

521 - EC635 *done

525 - WZ11 *done

531 - Havoc Pilot *done
532 - Havoc Pilot w Sidewinder *done
533 - Havoc Gunner Cannon *done
534 - Havoc Wire Guided *done
535 - Havoc Laser Guided *done
536 - Havoc Pilot with flares

541 - Z10 Pilot *done
542 - Z10 Pilot w Sidewinder *done
543 - Z10 Gunner Cannon *done
544 - Z10 Wire Guided *done
545 - Z10 Laser Guided *done
546 - Z10 Pilot with flares

551 - Apache Pilot *done
552 - Apache Pilot w Sidewinder *done
553 - Apache Gunner Cannon *done
554 - Apache Wire Guided *done
555 - Apache Laser Guided *done
556 - Apache Pilot with flares

557 - Tiger UHT Pilot *done
558 - Tiger UHT Pilot w Sidewinder *done
559 - Tiger UHT Gunner Wire Guided *done
560 - Tiger UHT Gunner Laser Guided *done

570 - UH1D Pilot
571 - UH1C Attack Pilot
572 - UH1C Attack Gunner
573 - UH1D Pilot Medevac

PROPOSED AIRCRAFT TO 600 RANGE:
600 - A10 ROCKETS & CANNON
601 - A10 AGM & CANNON
602 - A10 BOMBS & CANNON
603 - A10 AA & CANNON
604 - A10 Flares & CANNON

605 - Su25 ROCKETS & CANNON
606 - Su25 AGM & CANNON
607 - Su25 BOMBS & CANNON
608 - Su25 AA & CANNON
609 - Su25 Flares & CANNON

620 - J10 AA & CANNON
621 - J10 AA & CANNON
622 - J10 BOMBS & CANNON
623 - J10 Flares & CANNON

630 - F16 AIM9 & CANNON
631 - F16 AMRAAM & CANNON
632 - F16 BOMBS & CANNON (reserved)
633 - F16 RADAR OFF & CANNON

636 - MIG29 AIM9 & CANNON
637 - MIG29 AMRAAM & CANNON
638 - MIG29 BOMBS & CANNON (reserved)
639 - MIG29 RADAR OFF & CANNON

640 - Su30 AA & CANNON
641 - Su30 RADAR OFF & CANNON

644 - Su30 Copilot AT LASER
645 - Su30 Copilot AT TV
646 - Su30 Copilot BOMB LASER
647 - Su30 Copilot BOMB TV

650 - Tornado AA & CANNON
651 - Tornado RADAR OFF & CANNON

654 - Tornado GR4 Copilot AT LASER
655 - Tornado GR4 Copilot AT TV
656 - Tornado GR4 Copilot BOMB LASER
657 - Tornado GR4 Copilot BOMB TV

658 - Tornado IDS Copilot AT LASER (reserved)
659 - Tornado IDS Copilot AT TV (reserved)
660 - Tornado IDS Copilot BOMB LASER (reserved)
661 - Tornado IDS Copilot BOMB TV (reserved)

670 - F15 AA & CANNON (reserved)
671 - F15 RADAR OFF & CANNON (reserved)

674 - F15 Copilot AT LASER (reserved)
675 - F15 Copilot AT TV (reserved)
676 - F15 Copilot BOMB LASER (reserved)
677 - F15 Copilot BOMB TV (reserved)
Should be working in the 600 range so for the Mirage/Dagger Would use 68* etc

One other thing you need to do is write down a list, like the above of all the HUDs you've made and what GUI Indexes they are so they can be added to this .txt, otherwise its going to cause issues later.

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 01-08-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Menu] New/Improved HUDs (PR:F) [WIP]

I have been working mainly on no radar HUD, and finally found a way to edit those files. Here are screenshoot of my today work.

When I moved compass down, it collided with weapon stats, so I moved it up, but then they was colliding with horizon, so I put it to left.

Another problem with compass is that it will collide with bomb HUD too, so I will need to put it more down, or rework bomb HUD.

Also, I didn't found a way to put number of flare with missiles, because I can only put number of primary and secondary weapon. I was looking in BF2 strings, but didn't found any, that would allow to do so.

I also made bigger frame for Alt Meter, so it overlaps this bugged 1 in altitude.

Also it would look weird if we put longer weapon names, so for Exotec I propose EXOTEC AS, a big bigger than normal, but won't take that much part of screen.

Made another horrizont, compass arrow, and revert compass upside down.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Very nice work so far!

I take it your planning on doing the new cross hair next ye?

Quote:
When I moved compass down, it collided with weapon stats, so I moved it up, but then they was colliding with horizon, so I put it to left.

Another problem with compass is that it will collide with bomb HUD too, so I will need to put it more down, or rework bomb HUD.
I think on second thoughts it might just be best to remove the compass all together since the normal one players actually use is just under it anyways and just looks odd overlapping the screen, but nice try

Also moving the weapon stats up and to the left looks good to, keep them there

Quote:
Also, I didn't found a way to put number of flare with missiles, because I can only put number of primary and secondary weapon. I was looking in BF2 strings, but didn't found any, that would allow to do so.
Ye no problem on that.

Quote:
I also made bigger frame for Alt Meter, so it overlaps this bugged 1 in altitude.
Nice idea and works well

Only thing I would suggest is to also put the big side borders on the air speed box so its balanced

Quote:
Also it would look weird if we put longer weapon names, so for Exotec I propose EXOTEC AS, a big bigger than normal, but won't take that much part of screen.
Ye I was thinking maybe having it as part of the main HUD saying it on there somewhere, rather than on the weapon selection. Players who don't know about the Anti-Ship missile will not understand what AS means so wouldn't bother with that.
Its Exocet (French for "flying fish") btw, not Exotec

Awesome work, keep it up!

Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
[R-DEV]​Glimmerman
PR:BF2 Dutch Forces Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Glimmerman Send a message via Skype™ to Glimmerman

I might have an idea for a antiship missile HUD, its not specific for the Exocet but its for the AGM-88 Harpoon.

This is whats used in FreeFalcon: (skip to 38 seconds)

Last edited by [R-DEV]Glimmerman; 01-04-2013 at 07:05 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

I liked this HUD. I have some idea with it.

We can make, that you need to press RMB to enter aim mode, wait for missile to lock, and then fire it with LMB. Something similar to that TV guided missile in vanilla worked. It will force player to flying straight while locking, which will prevent doing it without somebody covering you, because you could be easily shoot down. I think it would make this weapon require more teamwork.

What do you think about this Rhino?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Ye combined Arms did something very similar with there "BVR AA" which you can see a bit of @1:45 in this vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQwiLk3Nt8&t=01m40s

Think it could work

Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
[R-DEV]​Glimmerman
PR:BF2 Dutch Forces Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Glimmerman Send a message via Skype™ to Glimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye combined Arms did something very similar with there "BVR AA" which you can see a bit of @1:45 in this vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQwiLk3Nt8&t=01m40s

Think it could work
The BVR AA code could be awesome to implement for radar guided AA missiles on all jets IMO, you need to put effort into locking on instead of just waiting for a tone to lock.

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
The BVR AA code could be awesome to implement for radar guided AA missiles on all jets IMO, you need to put effort into locking on instead of just waiting for a tone to lock.
That bit is basically the same tbh... The only difference is with it you can do it beyond the VD, as iirc, the camera is just set out waaay in front of the jet then the missile just has a normal gravity setting so it doesn't fly up in the air after its fired without a lock, going on its present course until it comes in range of the target.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Small update, I nearly finished working on mirage3ea HUD, only think that left is radar.

Here are screenshoots:

Tags
art, huds, menu, new or improved, prf, wip