project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
00SoldierofFortune00

Default Replace Hunter with Mercenary

The Hunter, since eveyone knows how powerful and overused it has become, should be replaced with the Mercenary on the insurgent maps, especially Al Basrah. It is also more realistic for there to be a Merc on a wide open and more realistic map like Basrah, than on Street. Also, make the Hunter kit a request kit(limited), and the problem will be easily solved.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 11-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Doedel

Who exactly does he request the kit from..? Allah?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doedel
Who exactly does he request the kit from..? Allah?
lmfao

I agree soldier, I have been pledging for that damn kit to get removed from Al Basrah because it has a really, really negative effect on gameplay.

Insurgents dont have a kit request system, instead I would place a few Druganov pickup kits at hidey spots around the map, the same as I have done for PKM and SA7.

That is one of the things I am most unhappy about, the unlimited snipers + NO recoil. I just hate playing it, I feel guily when I drop a whole squad in 5 seconds because its an easy weapon and has absolutley no skill to it anyway.

Thanks for bringing this up some more.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
00SoldierofFortune00

NP, I think that by placing them around the map, it should make the users more cautious and take more skill when they are using them, and reward the US more when they kill one.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 11-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #5
Hfett

Send a message via MSN to Hfett Send a message via Skype™ to Hfett

Lol requesting kits from Alah the best thing i ever read on a forum

Actualy there are a lot of insurgents with snipers:
http://realitymod.com/forum/t10961-i...ork-times.html

www.joinsquadbrasil.com.br
Old 11-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfett
Lol requesting kits from Alah the best thing i ever read on a forum

Actualy there are a lot of insurgents with snipers:
http://realitymod.com/forum/t10961-i...ork-times.html
That doesn't make for a fun game though. And they usually miss and their guns actually take skill to use.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
Thunder

theres tends to be alot more snipers in a insurgents factions because they tend to engage in gurilla tactics rather than head on fights.

they hit people with the sniper rifles alot of the time too. they do tend to aim rather than yelling "jihad" and taking pot shots. you seem to have a very high opinion of the us miltery SOF.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #8
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

On another note, replace the mercs gun with something less ultra advanced western SF. Put in something like an FNC, FAL, XM177e2 or M16A1.

But yeah, those Insurgent snipers need to be taken down a notch or two.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #9
Thunder

the FAL gets my vote.
the ak-74 carbine would be a good choice also

Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [5NFSO]Thunder
theres tends to be alot more snipers in a insurgents factions because they tend to engage in gurilla tactics rather than head on fights.

they hit people with the sniper rifles alot of the time too. they do tend to aim rather than yelling "jihad" and taking pot shots. you seem to have a very high opinion of the us miltery SOF.
No, I saw a documetary about the sniper rifles in Iraq. They are using them a lot more now, but their aiming is still crap. They are getting better though. But they are mainly killing them because they are using them more, which equals more chances of hitting something.

O, and I never said that they yell jihad or that crap, but the insurgents aren't exactly highly trained or the best shots. But that is null in the game, so anyone can be good with their weapons.

And ingame, it is hard to replicate real life when it comes to snipers because you know everyone will play them. And when they take no skill, it doesn't make for good balance.

Tool ~ Lateralus

Tags
hunter, mercenary, replace