project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
2acr>Matthews
Default Just wondering - A poll

I love PR, basically for the fact that the engineer is no longer a wimp... I know the purpose behind the game is to make it more reality based and that one of the ways they accomplish this is by removing the cross hairs. Now I dont know about everyone else, but i find the game almost impossible to play without some form of centering mark. Iron sights work great, but i still find i need a mark. I've resorted to putting a small square of clear tape on my LCD monitor and then placing a black dot on that tape creating a fake cross hairs. I know this is concidered taboo and in essance is cheating the system, but it makes the game a little more playable for me and that is all that matters. My crappy KDR goes from 1:2 to 1:1. I understand this is quite common, and so what I want to know is how alone I am in doing this..

Have you created your own crosshairs using any method (Dot on your monitor, hacking, retinal laser burning, etc)?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
H1tman

Send a message via AIM to H1tman

learn to use the iron sites. if you need shooting aids why dont you ask the other team to puff smoke for you so you know where to shoot at.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Hfett

Send a message via MSN to Hfett Send a message via Skype™ to Hfett

im sory but if i were a server admin i would ban you for cheating

We are not suposed to have chrosshairs
You need to learn how to use Iron sights

www.joinsquadbrasil.com.br
Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
YoJimbO

Send a message via MSN to YoJimbO

I consider that cheating also, I just hope for etiquette's sake if nothing else that nobody else is doing this. I had an incling people might do this (I even considered it), but that's just low mate, really really low...

Anyway it looks like crap, you're better off using ironsights cause you get a zoom off it, if you want crosshairs, go back to Vanilla, there's no place for crosshairs here.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
Ferocious_Imbecile

It may take getting used to but I think iron sights and scopes is the only way to go, otherwise it'll all be shooting from the hip since those guys won't have to take the additional step of iron sight shooters...

Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
V3N0N_br

Well, I personnaly hate crosshair, every game I can remove them, I do. Unfortunatelly some work only crosshair-based.
But the ironsights were for me the best adding in the whole BF series :P

Old 11-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
SiN|ScarFace

Its not that hard to tell where the center of the screen is, it can only be one place. The more you play without the crosshairs the better you will get.

I does suck for the USMC shotgun tho as there are no iron sights at all.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
$kelet0r

it's only a partial advantage anyway because you are much more accurate in ironsights/scoped mode than firing from the 'hip'
still putting a dot on your screen only ruins the game for yourself by taking away the immersion
Old 11-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #9
Guerra norte

If I was an server admin you would get banned for life.

If I was God you would get banned FROM life.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

Don't use a crosshair, its lame.

Tags
poll, wondering