project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 08-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
alfihar
Default Map Loading Music Lacks Martial Spirit

This is REALLY nit picking so feel free to totally ignore this.. but ive been playing PR for years (and still love it) and this is just something thats always bothered me.
The map loading music is not inspiring at all.
This is not to say its not good music. I can appreciate the work thats gone into the soundtrack. I just dont feel it puts you in a fighting mood. Usually I just mute all the music because I was finding it dull.

Im not sure what the devs intended but I think that the time when a map is loading is a great time to play some music that will get people into the 'zone' or mood or whatever of the game. You have to wait anyway, so why not use music to rev up the player, start the immersion, build a little tension.

For example Project Reality 0.95 - Soundtrack - Loading Music 1 - YouTube Its really nice music. I could have a nap, take a bath with candles, or get a nice massage to that music...but it doesnt really make me want to jump into combat. Elsewhere in the game music has been used well. Qom playing in the bombcars really seems to add mood. www.tawhed.de Qom Nasheed - YouTube

If you listen to the vanilla BF2 music, even though it was cheezy, it was at least upbeat and left you feeling more engaged.

Some of the best 'get ready to fight music' was in BF:Vietnam. I still cant listen to Fortunate Son without picturing Huey's warming up
Battlefield Vietnam Intro Movie Clip - YouTube
(i understand theres not really a budget to hire Creedence to do the soundtrack :P)

Another good example of music that puts you in a fighting mood was the Hell March from Red Alert
C&C Red Alert music (Hell March) - YouTube

Finally (and im not sure if this is ironic.. or just odd) one of the best examples of music that puts me in a combat mood is War - by Edwin Star... Makes you want to get up.. grab a gun.. and er... stop wars :P
Edwin Starr - War (What Is It Good For?) - YouTube

Anyway thats just my opinion. As I said.. REALLY minor issue from a game I have been loving for years.

[ED: I couldnt figure out how to get the youtube tag to work :/]
alfihar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
SShadowFox
Default Re: Map Loading Music Lacks Martial Spirit

You're right, maybe the musics should give more fight spirit for the players when joining the map, there are maps that are really epic to play and give a large teamwork, could give much more if the musics give more teamwork spirit...

Now I love you because you posted the civies car music. <3
SShadowFox is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
ShockUnitBlack

So you're in the process of writing the next Raiders March or Adagio For Strings, right? Because what you're essentially saying is that PR's music is dull and should be replaced by songs comparable to those of famous artists like CCR - songs written by masters. That's not feedback, that's whining.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Hell march is the intro song for a map, actually. Though it's not particularly official at this time.

although, I dont really have a problem with any of the loading music, some of it is a little unfitting, but overall it's enjoyable.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The same artist who made most of PR's music also made it for PR A2, if you listen to those tracks I think they may suit your taste more - and I do hope they get put in PRBF2 also for that reason

Though I like pretty much all the music myself

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
Arnoldio
Banned

It might not be the most "battly" music, but its atmospherical enough.... kinda goes with the theme of the map. I sense it as a message "Hey, this is the country of China, you will be fighting for control over two key bridges on river Qwai..." looking out of the plane windown while flying over the country side, or landing...

I dont like dramatic music prior to battle, you dont get put in the middle of the action from the get go, so more relaxing witha a hint of tensity is better in my opinion.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Kevokpo

I like all the musics. Maybe vadso city is a little non-serious, but it is kinda catchy

Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Bring back Bi Ming loading music

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
[508th_PIR] Grey
Supporting Member

For me, the loading music isn't about getting into "the fighting spirit", it's about setting the tone of the map - giving it some personality.

FIELD DRUMS NEED NOT APPLY.

[508th_PIR] Grey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
PRICHM

If you would bring back some of the older tunes that would be awesome! I like these aswell (Vadso City <3) but the old ones are great!
PRICHM is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lacks, loading, map, martial, music, spirit