project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Cedkin

Default Never firing a shot?

Thought I'd share my experience from earlier today, and see if anybody else has ever had a similar one. I wish I could remember the name of the map I was playing on (it was the one with Russia against the United States and the US had to make beach landings) but I was playing as a medic for the US and I was lucky enough to find a good squad, and even better, a good and in control squad lead who know what he was doing. Our squad pretty much remained unchanged from the start to the end of the game, and we had built two FOB's and capped two flags, and that entire time, myself and another member of the squad never had to fire a single shot.

It was the oddest experience I have had in PR yet, never having to fire a shot. Our team and squad performed so flawlessly and was so coordinated that we experienced little to no firefights, at least for the infantry squads, but when we did, we dealt with them quickly with almost no losses (I think I had to only revive two squad members the entire game.)

Has anybody else ever had an experience like or similar to this?
Cedkin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Gbossley
Supporting Member
Default Re: Never firing a shot?

Cedkin I don't think it's particularly unusual. Me, I'm so slow I miss the opportunity to shoot. So I die a lot.

There are rounds where I put a lot of energy into the non-contact elements of the game. I build the FOBS so few seem to want to build. Or operate mortars.

In campaigns recently I've run a logistics squad. Again, not much direct contact with enemy, but an important strategic contribution to my team's result.
Gbossley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
rodrigoma

i was in that round of pavlosk bay in an aav , it was the one of the best teams and best rounds in terms of teamwork I have experienced in PR
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
cyberzomby

Nice one

I had an experience I remember like that. It was with that old desert city map that is removed. Relatively small city in the middle of a long (vertical) map.

Our squad got tasked with securing the east side of the city and our team pushed up hard and fest on the west. I remember looking at the same gate for about half an hour to 45 minutes without seeing someone. Our team just made sure no one got in the city.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
Pronck
Supporting Member

I know the feeling, back in .95 I only fired 1 round as a FAC (Forward Air Controller) when I was directing targets for CAS on Kashan. I was with a sniper kit in the mountains and a guy was sitting in the AA one second later he was still sitting in the AA but then with a bullet in his head. I got many opportunities but I only used one.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

OP's map: Pavlovsk Bay.

Cyberzomby's map: Ejod Desert.

Whenever I come across an round like this, I like to think of all the fights I could've lost, but didn't have in the first place.

[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
cyberzomby

Thanks Jafar! I was thinking about EOD Desert :P
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Arnoldio
Banned

Had a couple of rounds where i didnt fire, didnt die or didnt get in contact.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Steeps
Supporting Member

Well yes, when I happen to go commander the entire round lol. Or in armor squads, I typically volunteer to drive because I like keeping myself alive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Running logistics on al basrah. Lots of fun cruising around getting shot at, and seeing rpgs wiz by. I would take the medic kit in the transport squad or whatever. If I saw friendly go down on the way, hop and out and revive them. If you keep your distance from the insurgents, you can last a long time in those trucks. And it really helps the team.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
firing, shot