project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Bob cheese
Default Arma 2 system req

Ive been offered a pc it's spec is: dell duo 2.0 ghz 4gb ram and 512mb graphics,do you guys think this will be ok to play Dayz?? Thanks in advance
Bob cheese is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Cp

Default Re: Arma 2 system req

Thread moved to the hardware support section.

Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Bob cheese

Sorry for not posting in the right place,I'm a newbie
Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Very few graphics cards with 512MB of RAM will be able to play Dayz at an acceptable framerate.
THat PC is getting close to losing it's marginal value in current generation of online gaming (and games like Arma2 which are older but extremely taxing on hardware), but can still have a long life as a office PC or casual home/home office PC.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Bob cheese

Would it help if I upgraded the card to a 1gb? Or is the processor not up to the job? It's just the pc I've been offered for ?80 sorry for my ignorance
Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Arma 2 is very processor intensive so yeas I would reccomend upgrading the cpu first and than graphics
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
MaSSive

It all depends on which model graphic card is. If you can get us full specification I can say precisely.

I have dual core PC with 512Mb graphic and 4gb of system ram, and I can play Dayz. But processor is 3.0Ghz stock, and graphic card, is Nvidia GTS450 512Mb ( Gddr5/128bit). Now if yours will be anything alike it would work on medium/high setting with occasional stuttering here and there. But if your graphic card is any weaker than this and your processor is on 2Ghz ( weaker than mine is ) Im afraid you wont see much with it.

If its a a Dell maybe you can tell us its exact model so we can see what were dealing with.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Bob cheese

It's a dell dimension 9200 it's been upgraded to 4gb ram processor is 2.13 ghz dual core I'm gettin a 2gb nvidia graph card fitted do you think it will run it? Is it poss to upgrade the processor or do you think I'll be ok? Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
MaSSive

From what I was reading it supports up to 4GB of DDR2800 ram and C2D max, so you cant go over that. You can get stronger graphic card, even newest will work, but your cpu might cause bottlenecks. Also you must upgrade PSU cause stock one is 375W and cant support modern gaming GPUs.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
Bob cheese

Thanks bud he reckons he runs call of duty and conflict with no problems thanks for the advice,how much of a job is it to upgrade processor and will it be poss with that machine?

Tags
arma, req, system