project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
30 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2012-07-10, 15:52   #1
Darxex
Default Mumble Issue

Hi,

i have problem with my mumble. I was it on old pc where was all ok (win7 32bit). Now i have new notebook (win7 64bit - msi gt70) and when i install mumble and disable QoS in mumble I can join to server and switch channel. When i enable QoS i can join, but after 30 secs it kick me and I see myself online in mumble and only way to close it is via task manager. So disable Qos... After join I hear friends, but a few secs. So open configuration, look to audio output and try set default device or reproductor and nothing. Sometimes it says Opening chosen DirectSound Output failed. No audio will be heard.
Help me pls
Darxex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:36   #2
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: Mumble Issue

Hello Darxex, welcome to the PR forums,

First I have to tell you the simple solutions.
1. ALWAYS start PRmumble as admin, ALWAYS start PR as ADMIN,
2. ALWAYS start PRmumble before PR.
3. in PRMumble, set your audio quality slightly lower.

b. Audio Output is trial by error dependent on your hardware, and speakers/headphones. The lower the buffer and Output Delay the better.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:22   #3
Darxex

Hi,

I'am as admin and run as admin. Every server do the same
driver is ok, settings are ok.
Audio quality lower and the same

again again again - [20:18:45] Opening chosen DirectSound Output failed. No audio will be heard.
Old 2012-07-10, 21:56   #4
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

A new audio driver was released for your notebook this week.
Did you install it already?
MSI Global ? Notebook - GT70 0NC

IS any other VOIP program having a similar problem: Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Skype etc?
What router are you using? Is the router blocking PRMumble?
Are you running a firewall on your PC? Is it blocking the VOIP traffic? Check your firewall logs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cal View Post
Well yesterday, mumble decided to stop using sound. While I was in-game, people could hear me but I could not hear them. As I tried finding the problem, I found this while Mumble opened, "Opening chosen DirectSound Output failed. No audio will be heard."(Found on the left box in mumble.) I have to basically reset, restore to defualt everything and it sometimes that works, but most the time does not work even re-installing mumble. Please help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Uninstall PR Mumble. Make sure its deleted along with its folder from its install location.

Press Win+R and type "%appdata%" without quotes and hit enter. You should be in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

Locate folder named Mumble and delete it.

Make sure your Windows default sound devices are set correctly. How to Change the Default Playback & Recording Audio Device | 7 Tutorials

Install PR Mumble 1.0beta and make sure you run it as admin. Go trough wizard and configure it. Set your local speech button, and do not touch others predefined.

Use this thread for additional tweaking and information.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 17:10   #5
Darxex

I have done this and still doesnt work. I think it has nothing to do wit network because teamspeak, skype and ventrilo works. Only on mumble i cant hear. Any other ideas pls?

Tags
issue, mumble