project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.4 Feedback Forum
20 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Project Reality v0.4 Map Feedback: Hills of Hamgyong

Please post bugs and issues relating to the subject in this thread.

Please stay ON TOPIC.

This is for reporting bugs, not discussing what you had for lunch.

Cheers!
egg

Old 11-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Known Bugs:

No 16 or 64 Player Mode; these modes were causing trouble in AAS and have been removed. With the exception of a slightly larger game area on 64 and a forest CP, you aren't missing much.

The Grappling Hook cannot "hook" on terrain. Make sure the line is thrown over an object somewhere, this should allow the rope to deploy properly. Steep terrain can be roped up if the line grapples a rock or log at the crest.

Ambient sounds: Full ambient sounds have been generated, but were mistakenly not packaged by some idiot noob of a mapper. Eggman has assigned a global ambient for the time being, expect it to be corrected in the first possible patch.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
Griffon2-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
Ambient sounds: Full ambient sounds have been generated, but were mistakenly not packaged by some idiot noob of a mapper. Eggman has assigned a global ambient for the time being, expect it to be corrected in the first possible patch.
Umm... Didn't you make this map?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
luizinhuu

very nice map, awesome fighting
BUT.... HARD lagging.. looow fps

Old 11-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
Lothrian

This has to be the worst map for performance hits. You do need a super rig (like a ATI 1900XTX - which I cannot afford) to get this map working.
The performance hit was much worse than Albasra - which is meant to be the resource hog.

If the performance issues could be fixed somehow, this would be a thororghly enjoyable map.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
WallEYE-(PR)

Send a message via MSN to WallEYE-(PR) Send a message via Skype™ to WallEYE-(PR)

I have a ATI 9800 pro256mb and have no problems,

StrkTmWallEyE-(PR)
Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
Lothrian

Well (unsire if this is worse or not) I have an ATI X600 256 with the latest Omega drivers, 1gb ram and 3.0 HT P4.

There shouldn't be any problems, but its running this map at 5-15 FPS. At one point I couldnt change from health pack to weapon. I hide behind a wall and tried for a good 2 mins before it decided it do as I asked.

I reckon, if I can run AlBasrah at 20-30 fps with the odd stutter as I travel, I should be able to run a much smaller map :S
Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Loth, I'm running the same as you and have far better fps. You may need to turn down your video settings or adjust the view distance scale. And if you can't change weapons that may be server-side lag, not your graphics.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
00SoldierofFortune00

TBH, the map is just too cramped and vanillaish.

IMO, the whole map is like a stadium with the British the football players in the middle, and the crowd he MG nests all to their sides and front. When the crowd gets mad, they just throw down stuff on the players and they have no where to run.

The map was a good try, but with the lag, and disadvantage of the British, and bad spawn points, it won't have much replay value after a few days, if even that.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #10
Resjah

I have to disagree.

This is a really awesome map, Egg was right when he recommended 2 gigs for some of these maps, I am running it really smooth.

I personally like the layout of a hard fought battle up a rocky hard slope, just requires some extreme tactics to succed as the british.

Tags
feedback, hamgyong, hills, map, project, reality, v04