project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
IDRick
Default [Solved]loading maps? - Desura install

I downloaded the ~ 4GB file from desura.com, which is supposed to simplify install. After the install, I could find PR:VN maps in my server list but could not play because apparently, the map files were not installed in my computer. Any help for me?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Q2M100

Default re: [Solved]loading maps? - Desura install

It seems like you downloaded the full PR:BF2 install. You will also need the separate PR:V addon.

Downloads | Project Reality

Old 04-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
IDRick

Hmm, I downloaded the PR:V addon and during the install phase, it says I need to download PR-BF2 0.973 but it is already downloaded... Do I have to do it again (ie download PR:BF2)?

Thanks for your help! How do I differentiate PR:BF2 maps on the list of BF2 maps?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

IDRick, you must launch Project Reality by it's .exe, not BF2. Do not launch BF2 and then try to join PR, you must launch PR.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...r-v0-97-a.html

Desura has an issue with version detection, requires manual fixing.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
IDRick

thanks for the heads up! I thought was following directions correctly. PR needs to fix this. I don't mess with my registry and will be uninstalling. Sorry. Looks like it could have been a fun game...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

There's a fix and you don't use it? Too bad, could have been a fun game..

Old 04-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
IDRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
IDRick, you must launch Project Reality by it's .exe, not BF2. Do not launch BF2 and then try to join PR, you must launch PR.
Good point. I did try launching PR directly as well as launching with BF2. Had the same result with the VN maps not found when attempting to join a VN server. I think I'll stick with BC2-VN and BF3, they work just fine on my machine.!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

Just no comment @IDRick... PR has done everything that even 10 years old kid could install this mod. And I dont even know what to say...

Anyway - just download installer from this place - Downloads | Project Reality and install it...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
IDRick

Yes, yes, I understand PR is a well established program. It was mystifying to me that it did not work properly. I am 47 years older than your proverbial 10 year old gamer and usually can make things work. It was a clean, first time install for PR on my computer that did not work. I uninstalled the downloader and the two downloads then reinstalled. Still no maps when I attempt to join a server. After the second install, I could go to each map if I created an off-line game. I didn't try this with the first install but it appears that the maps are there but not identified by the server browser.

Sorry Cossack112, this 57 year old PhD could not access the MP game following the provided directions.... I sincerely tried.
Closed Thread

Tags
desura, install, loading, maps, solvedloading