project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Unhappy I've searched, found no answers...

....so, bear with me.

I'm Running the CURRENT VERSIONS of A2, A2OA, Battleye, OA beta, DLC, AND PR. The server list is green. Vanilla works. Joining "green" PR servers(TG, for example), mission loads, role selection screen loads, I enter the "field" and am promptly kicked and shown that old familiar message: "You were kicked from the game"....I attempt to rejoin the server, same thing over...and over...and over...

NOW, BEFORE YOU SAY "DO A SEARCH YOU F#^#%$#&# NOOB!", please realize that I HAVE done just that, found a few headings from older versions of this issue, with NO REAL answers other than:"Re-install ARMA 2". Everything else is not applicable.....My default addons folder in OA is BIS ONLY. No extra addons(all others are in "@" mod folders). I'd rather not RE-DOWNLOAD ARMA 2, OA, and the DLC again. Has anyone experienced this with the NEWEST VERSION of the mod? I can't figure this one out, and I'm usually fairly effective in searching the forums/investigating options/finding solutions....I'm just wondering if I've been looking at this problem like "looking at an elephant through a microscope" and am missing something obvious and, if that's the case here, at least I'd learn something!

The mod worked great for me before. And yes, I THOROUGHLY UNINSTALLED The previous version of PR:A2...

Bummed,

Baz

ps: I've been playing Arma for about 2 years....and PR BF2 since .856...I have all of my Arma on STEAM, running as Admin...

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
Last edited by bazza_1964; 03-29-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: I've searched, found no answers...

Quickest way is to find a server admin and have him search the server log for the reason you were kicked.
That reason will usually point us directly to the correct measures to fix the problem,

I am not proficient in all the ins and outs of Arma2:PR, so I'll leave it to greater minds to get you a workable answer.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Thank you for your response LITOralis. I'll give that a shot later.

Baz

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
Old 03-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Swedge
Forward Outposts 'R' Us
Supporting Member

Smile Re: I've searched, found no answers...

If the TG server is kicking you mate I would certainly register at the TacticalGamer.com forums and post in the Contact An Admin forum. They'll cure what ails ya.

Cheers,
Swedge

Old 03-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Thanks Swedge, I am registered on their forums, so I may give that a try as well!

Cheers,

Baz

Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Message copied from screen cap:

"Uses modified datafile: 974931F1C89D42F2FE34AD2DAD9B6D00C55D8B59"

That's probably the culprit there......dunno what that would be....but it's lead anyway....probably should re-install.....damn! lol

Brzzzzzz

Old 03-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
MaSSive

Last few times I played it showed the same thing for me. Have you ever used @oktnoblur mod?

I did and now when I join a server, there is no usual message uses..I forgot, it displays, Arma2, AO, BAF..etc..instead I got those numbers. Id remove @oktnoblur if you used it and try again.

I hope you havent placed it in you BIS addons folder.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Hey MaSSive, sorry about the lateness(was payweek, goin' out more that spring is up, lol)

I haven't had the oktnoblur mod since before a complete re install of Win 7 over a year ago, but I did double check the addons in BOTH Arma2 AND OA as well, and didn't see anything non-vanilla. The last time I played PR ARMA2 was the first beta release, and found out quickly that the best way to run mods was their own mod folders, keeping them out of the "OA Addons" folder. I was running that version successfully.

This will bug me until I solve the issue, and that will be fun actually, lol. I will post my solution when I find it.

Thanks again!

-baz-

Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
BabylonCome
Supporting Member

Bazza, can I ask if you are running A2 & OA as "run as admin" even if you got user control switch off in control panel? I know of players who have experienced random kickings from server have solve this issue by ticking that box in their shortcut properties...

CO - Rusty In Places - www.rustyinplaces.org
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
Swedge
Forward Outposts 'R' Us
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza_1964 View Post
Message copied from screen cap:

"Uses modified datafile: 974931F1C89D42F2FE34AD2DAD9B6D00C55D8B59"

That's probably the culprit there......dunno what that would be....but it's lead anyway....probably should re-install.....damn! lol

Brzzzzzz
Recently I somehow acquired a similar modified datafile string but am still able to play. I did have one problem on one server because of my Squad XML file (in your Profile options). When I got rid of that, I was able to connect and play with no problems. Are you using a squad XML file?

Keep us updated so we can try help you get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
Swedge

Tags
answers, found, searched