project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
MajorDump
Default PR BF2 dying? Nopppe!

Hi all i am simply making this post to sympathize how much i miss playing Project Reality. In the past few months Pr has been really dead witch is really depressing. I remember the good old days when .87 was around and project reality was at its full potential, i literally played pr the moment i waked up to when i went to sleep XD. Project reality was the best mod ever created in my opinion just because of the teamwork it brought along, no other mod or game will ever top that. So my point is RIP PR you will never be forgotten and im sure im not the only one who feels this way.
MajorDump is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
SouperSteve0
Default Re: PR Bf2 Dying?? :(

lulwut this not true pople play rit now
SouperSteve0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It's not really dying, since the release of BF3 it has taken players away but it'll come back.
Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
=]H[= EasyAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperSteve0 View Post
lulwut this not true pople play rit now
I think he means in general server pop is not very high. Although i dont think its "dead" there has been a player drop.

=]H[= EasyAlpha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Acemantura
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

i would say a player boom since BF3's release. CIA and a great handful of servers have been rockin houses since about 2 weeks ago.

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
=]H[= MisterCole
Send a message via MSN to =]H[= MisterCole Send a message via Skype™ to =]H[= MisterCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDump View Post
Hi all i am simply making this post to sympathize how much i miss playing Project Reality. In the past few months Pr has been really dead witch is really depressing. I remember the good old days when .87 was around and project reality was at its full potential, i literally played pr the moment i waked up to when i went to sleep XD. Project reality was the best mod ever created in my opinion just because of the teamwork it brought along, no other mod or game will ever top that. So my point is RIP PR you will never be forgotten and im sure im not the only one who feels this way.
Not quite sure what you mean there Maj. Sure, server population isn't quite what it used to be a few years ago, but there's still a fairly steady crowd of players. Most of the ebbs and flows in the amount of players coincide with the release of big names games like Modern Warfare and such. But Project Reality takes advantage of the same sort of effect; Every time another major patch comes out a lot of people come back to see what's changed. When the 0.973 patch came out the population jumped significantly for a while, and we're still coasting on the amount of people who returned for the 0.973 map pack. PR's got a nice, comfortable little niche that no other game has really come close to yet, so I don't expect it to fade away anytime soon.
=]H[= MisterCole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
MaSSive

Neither BF2 Battlefield 2 Server List | Search Bf2 Stats, Rankings, and Banners - Game Tracker nor PR Project Reality - PRSPY - Server and player browser and tracker - Create a buddy list - Launch PR directly are not going anywhere, certanly not going to die, for quite some time.
Lots of new titles recently, so there is slight player drop, but eventually they all come back home.

Doors are open always.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #8
=HCM= Shwedor

PR is dying??? Get a medic and tell him to use the epipen!

Works every time like a charm, even when a 2000lb bomb hits ya!

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
English_infidel

dead? LOL Monty Python-Bring out your dead! - YouTube
English_infidel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #10
illidur

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemantura View Post
i would say a player boom since BF3's release. CIA and a great handful of servers have been rockin houses since about 2 weeks ago.
its just H server spread out. if it wasn't for CIA i wouldn't be playing pr anymore though. no other popular usa servers and Hog 24/7 Muttrah isn't my thing. thats why i seed CIA

i agree with OP but i'll enjoy pr till theres no usa server. till then its not dead imo
illidur is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, dying, epic-fail-is-epic, lol nubs, nopppe, superlulzultrafailthread, thread is fail