project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
25 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2011-12-24, 09:31   #1
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default NO SERVERS? (Steam)

The problem seems to be that bf2.exe isn't detecting mods properly, at least not in the way it should be. Not entirely sure the cause of this issue yet, and why it only just started happening, but the simple fix is to replace your steam bf2.exe with the retail bf2.exe. A proper fix will come in the next version of PR, but that is a fair while off yet, so use this fix in the meantime.
  1. Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33586919/bf2_retail_exe.zip

2. Browse to: <install directory>\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield 2
    (<install directory> being whereever you installed Steam to, could be C:\Program Files for example)

3. Copy and paste "bf2.exe" to back it up, and extract the bf2.exe out of the newly downloaded .zip file and overwrite bf2.exe in the steam directory.

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 11:23   #2
Captain_Pollard
Angry I am not able to play PR

I went to play Project reality on Deployment this morning and then for some reason there where no servers, so i went to the CO OP servers and none of those where up either, so i went to create a local server and there where no maps.

This is what i have done so far:
Uninstalled Project Reality x2 (including re downloading it)
Uninstalled BF2 x2 and reinstalled it
Run a scan through my compute (nothing turned up)

I really really really need help to fix this problem, i am running of windows XP and it has been fine until this morning
Captain_Pollard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 12:29   #3
MaSSive

Default Re: I am not able to play PR

Hi. We are aware of this, and its an issue with Steam copies of BF2. Please read this and follow instructions.
This is not a bug. Mod please move this to support and merge with this topic

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:25   #4
Qclegion
Smile Pr work

Thanx alot Ancient Man work perfectly !!!!

see you on the battlefield guys !
Qclegion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 18:38   #5
DNA9881

Default re: NO SERVERS?

Had the same problem. Panicked... TRIED EVERYTHING KNOWN TO MAN. Formatted Hard Drive. Reinstalled everything only to see that it still didn't work. Cried for 5 minutes. Came on here. Saw this, fixed problem within 30 seconds.

FML
DNA9881 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 18:51   #6
Fear10u5

I'm not sure if this is related, but since i replaced the bf2.exe PR Mumble 1.0 doesn't auto connect to the correct channels, I noticed this after the steam/pr problem started. Fortunately I seem to be able to manually connect to channels.

Edit: Turns out I didn't run as admin, that fixed the problem.
Last edited by Fear10u5; 2011-12-25 at 19:56..
Old 2011-12-28, 09:56   #7
Apocalypse89

I really like this fix, it stopped a lot of the other occasional/minor problems I've had between PR and the Steam version of BF2 aside from just the no music/no server/no maps thing. Depending on how effective the upcoming 'real' fix is I might actually keep this one.

Is anyone aware of any PB/Steam/etc. problems with vBF2 or other mods when using the retail .exe instead of the Steam one?
Apocalypse89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 19:44   #8
Agemman
Default No servers along with other problems

Hello people.

A few days ago my PR was working fine. Today it decided to screw itself over, making me seriously pissed about missing the 200p event in the process.

It started with the game crashing as soon as a clicked "Create Local" in the Deployment tab. It still does that. It also crashes whenever I click Favorites.

After a few tries to create a local with Karez and things were still crashing. I decided to check for active servers to try that. I realsied I cannot find a single server. I then tried to join through PRSPY. The screen goes black (starting the game), flickers, goes to desktop, goes black again (starting the game again) and I get inside the game with an error that pretty much says: "Start this with PR.exe and not with BF2.exe". Thing is, I am starting it with PR.exe so that is not a problem (in my mind).

This was also repeated when I tried joining through IP.

I removed Karez and nothing changed. I tried vanilla and everything works. PB is updated. Tried running it with all ports open, no firewall, no background programs.

Only thing that changed since I last played PR is that I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. But I cannot understand how that would fuck up PR only. Vanilla works fine and dandy but PR still goes all derp.

I've re-installed everything once and I am now doing that yet again.

More ideas?

Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 10:51   #9
Sgt.ProSnipe
Post Cant find any servers.

hello, i started playing project reality about 1 month ago and i had a great time, so i bought it for my brother too.
So he installed it today and we both got into the game, after logging in i tried to look for servers but it didnt find any the same happend to my brother (he is sitting next to me on another computer).
So i thought it might be a bug and i went into favorites and as soon as i clicked favorites in the menu the game crashed, i tried clicking it 2 times in a row and did the same on my brother's computer and it happend every time.
Note: both of us also have the new map pack installed.

Is there any way to fix this? or is it just a temporery problem?
thanks in advance.

(Also, im new and im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section of the forums)
Sgt.ProSnipe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 11:04   #10
MaSSive

Default Re: Cant find any servers.

Hi. Welcome to forums. Solution for your problem is here.

Mod move this to support and merge it?

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, bug, can't, coop, find, issue, list, local, maps, play, problems, server, servers, solved, steam, version