project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
NoxNoctum
Default Operation Marlin

Just wandering why are there no bombcars/gerry? I always thought that the suicide vehicles really brought a lot of fun factor to the game.
NoxNoctum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Operation Marlin

It's "gary" not "gerry" xD ^^

Yes, what a pitty they are not on Marlin... (really not?)
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Stoickk

Actually, there are bomb cars on Operation Marlin. Two of them spawn in Insurgent main on the Insurgency layer. While there are no Gary's or Big Red's, the bomb cars are sufficient, especially given the large numbers of transport cars on that map. They blend in a bit better.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
MaSSive

Bombcars are in southern main base on insurgency layout. No trucks just bombcars.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
billoute
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoickk View Post
Actually, there are bomb cars on Operation Marlin. Two of them spawn in Insurgent main on the Insurgency layer. While there are no Gary's or Big Red's, the bomb cars are sufficient, especially given the large numbers of transport cars on that map. They blend in a bit better.
That's right ,you have two bomber cars spawned every 20 minutes , one on the north Insurgents refuge spawn and the other on the South Insurgents refuge spawn
I have placed only bomber car because with this choose ,Canadians never know if the car that they see is bomb or transport ...... surprise
Also ,you can find 2 sniper kit and 1 engineer kit ( spawned every 5 minutes) on the North Insurgents refuge spawn, I hope it's enough to have fun

La faim justifie les moyens ......
Last edited by billoute; 12-22-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]billoute View Post
That's right ,you have two bomber cars spawned every 20 minutes , one on the north Insurgents refuge spawn and the other on the South Insurgents refuge spawn
I have placed only bomber car because with this choose ,Canadians never know if the car they see is bomb or transport ...... surprise
Also ,you can find 2 sniper kit and 1 engineer kit ( spawned every 5 minutes) on the North Insurgents refuge spawn, I hope it's enough to have fun
Nice to know thanks. I asked the other day when I played on the map maybe like second time where would pickup kits be and nobody said anything and I was lazy too look in gpo.con

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
Stoickk

Thanks for the info Billoute. I have enjoyed this map greatly, and appreciate the detail that has gone into it. I have been playing this map extensively and am constantly finding new nooks and crannies to hide in and ambush from. Great work.

As a suggestion, I would recommend an RPG kit or two in Insurgent main, as currently, the only source for infantry anti-armor weaponry is on a cache. This frequently leads to players spawning on unknown caches in an attempt to combat Canadian armor. A couple of RPG's in Insurgent main would help to remedy this.

Additionally, the dome of death around Insurgent main needs to be expanded. Currently, Canadian forces can move close enough to Insurgent main to overrun the spawn points there. This has become a common problem on the 26th MEU 24/7 Operation Marlin server.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
billoute
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoickk View Post
As a suggestion, I would recommend an RPG kit or two in Insurgent main, as currently, the only source for infantry anti-armor weaponry is on a cache. This frequently leads to players spawning on unknown caches in an attempt to combat Canadian armor. A couple of RPG's in Insurgent main would help to remedy this.

Additionally, the dome of death around Insurgent main needs to be expanded. Currently, Canadian forces can move close enough to Insurgent main to overrun the spawn points there. This has become a common problem on the 26th MEU 24/7 Operation Marlin server.
It's good ideas ,will be done for the next release

La faim justifie les moyens ......
billoute is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
dtacs
Supporting Member

The olive trees all around the map are really bugged. The colmesh makes vehicles flip violently, I've seen a LAV-III flip on its side by driving near them, and my G-wagon has been really damaged.

Just drive into or around them and you'll see what I mean.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #10
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The olive trees all around the map are really bugged. The colmesh makes vehicles flip violently, I've seen a LAV-III flip on its side by driving near them, and my G-wagon has been really damaged.

Just drive into or around them and you'll see what I mean.
Confirming, the actual hitbox is larger than the model as well, our tank bumpering in between those
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
marlin, operation