project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
KaizerSosa81

Default Give incentive for Karabiner 98k kit

As the topic implies. There should be some sort of incentive that applies to those who use the K98k as their primary weapon when playing on the Wehrmacht side. As of now it doesn't have much use as the G43 variant kits. I only used it in very early testing before the release and haven't used it since then but I would imagine they haven't changed. Just a thought.

Also just wanted to let this out there: I'll most likely will come up with suggestions that enhance what is already in the mini-mod as opposed to new additions that might be desired. I think getting what is already in there fixed and polished should be the primary focus such as the suggestion I have here.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default Re: Give incentive for Karabiner 98k kit

Yeah this weapon will deal more damage in the future. The medic kit having this weapon it needs to be more efficient.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

The G43 was generally very rare and mostly issued to squad leaders and snipers. The K98k was the standard infantry weapon during the war.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Yeah but right now when the US team hit the land it becomes really hard for the germans, having G43 balance things out a bit.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Then the Germans need to use their MG42s and mortars better, like IRL. Rifles did not count for much on the WW2 battlefield.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Guess we'll feature a bit less G43s in the next version, thanks for sharing that info, Ts .

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Stoickk

After looking into this subject some more, I am sorry to say that this information is correct. It would appear that Germany produced approximately 400,000 of these rifles between 1943 and 1945. (source) While this sounds like a large number, keep in mind that the Wehrmacht was approximately 15 million strong. In most TO&E data available (Tables of Organization and Equipment) this rifle shows at rates varying between one per squad and one per platoon. The most common usage of this rifle was in the Designated Marksman or Sniper role.

In terms of production capacity, Germany produced one of these rifles for every 50 M1 Garands produced by the U.S., and every 20 Tokarev SVT 40's produced by the Soviets. The SVT 40 was the original design that inspired the Gewehr 41, and by extension the Gewehr 43, which was an improvement to the Gewehr 41 design.

As an interesting side note, all Gewehr 43's were produced with an integral scope rail and were intended to be compatible with a newly designed 4x scope. Consequently, I think that this would make an excellent Designated Marksman rifle, or an alternate Officer weapon. Unfortunately though, strictly from a historical accuracy perspective, having this available as broadly as it is just doesn't work.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Guess we'll feature a bit less G43s in the next version, thanks for sharing that info, Ts .
Well I could have sworn this came up before in another thread and the theory was it was made overly accessible for balance issues (as posted above).

I'm glad to see something must have changed along the lines here. I'd like to see weapons more or less like their real life counterparts in handling and field presence.

But uh yeah... how about the K98k?
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Pvt.LHeureux
-

K98 will deal more damage and might get some other tweaks to make it more efficient, it's the most used weapon by the germans, need more love

Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #10
Tyso3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Then the Germans need to use their MG42s and mortars better, like IRL. Rifles did not count for much on the WW2 battlefield.
This is utter crap. Rifles were extremely important in much of WW2.

As PR accuratley shows, most infantry regiments espeially those used on the Wermacht side at Normandy were issued 90% with Rifles.

SMG's had such short range, lack of accuracy and the assault rifle was still in the works.
The K98 was produced in such short supply during the war as it had been mass produced prior.

the MP40 came into play a lot more towards the end as it was cheap, however it was more reserved for Unterofficers and Assault groups.

The power of the Rifle has stayed into effect till this day.
Tyso3 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
98k, give, incentive, k98k, karabiner, kit, users