project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
K3Y

Default Respawning via parachute drop

Hi, Instead of instantly respawning, players should parachute into the game from some sort of plane device. The parachute would only be available when you respawn and couldn't be used again... uuhh ... if that's possible.

...discuss
Last edited by K3Y; 10-19-2006 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
DJJ-Terror

that would add much to the realysm side of the game, but i dont know is it doable?

Who want to get things done will find a way and who dosen't will find an excuse.

klan DOJAJA
DJJ-Terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

it would be a snipers dream to have you floating down to a specific location every time. Unless you did it like in SF, where you didn't have to pull the chute till you were 20m off the ground. I had many a good session picking off parachuters in the SF mod so auto open chutes are a bad idea.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
=|Azeitona|=

It will be fantastic add a new mode to PRM called Airborne, where the US Army has diferent soldiers, the airborne division. This mode can use your idea, spawning via parachute drop.

I have a sign link the DEVS one, click on the flag to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
sh*t happens.
About 0.4 release
=|Azeitona|= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
{GD}StevenGarcia

This is exactly how respawning is handled in ET:QW.

{GD}StevenGarcia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
PlayPR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]DJJ-Terror
that would add much to the realysm side of the game, but i dont know is it doable?
It can be done, AA has done it in there mod, and I know POE2 has done it... I definately know FH2 wil use this ability, because of the airborne troops... I say lets try it and see how it works out.

PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:45 AM   #7
K3Y

You could even introduce spawning in waves, as if dropped from a plane. For instance: when you die, instead of waiting for your individual spawn time, you would wait in a que for the plane to airdrop you in. This would help teamwork as you would spawn in a group as apposed to spawning singularly, which promotes the player to pursue individual goals.
K3Y is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:47 AM   #8
Barendz

Send a message via Skype™ to Barendz

I'm afraid it will be very easy for a jeep or something to shoot every spawning soldier before they even reach the ground. I like the idea but there need to be a thought of a way to avoid an even more frustrating way of spawnraping. Maybe even invurnability while in the air
Barendz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Downtown_two

Send a message via MSN to Downtown_two

It can be done, there is the option to spawn that was in BF2:SF, Barendz raises a good point though, you would become a bit of an easy target for a .50

"Cover me, I'm eating Pasta"
Downtown_two is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #10
DJJ-Terror

well... back in time there was discussion on squad leader setting rally point for his squad to spawn on... well, to apply parachute drop option on that feature would be werry interesting.

Who want to get things done will find a way and who dosen't will find an excuse.

klan DOJAJA
DJJ-Terror is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
drop, parachute, respawning