project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
BlackRhino
Default Language barrier

Hi, sorry I'm sorry to bother you with this thread.


My native language isn't English, i speak Spanish. When i play with my Clan, there is no problem, we all speak Spanish.

But when i'm alone (meaning that they can't play for any reason), i don't go online on others server becasuse:

a. They speak english only and i'm embarrassed to speak in my poor english and being kick for that.

Searching in the forum, i found this:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...r-play-pr.html

Even though it's no my problem, i asking you guys, if should i stay away from servers (where english is a must) when i want to play alone (no Clan), play but without a mic, or try to speak english and see what happends.

I need some SL's opions regarding this and from users which don't have english as native language.



Sorry if i've made a typo.


All the best,
and thanks for your time.
BlackRhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
xGHOST11x
Default Re: Language barrier

as long as you can follow orders, i think u will be good. im actually in the middle of learning spanish atm lol. also, work on saying certain words that might be need while playing such as contact reports and such.
xGHOST11x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Language barrier

According to your writing, your English is great. There's only one way to get better at talking English - talking.
Get your ass on some English-speaking servers, and start talking!

EDIT: I just read that you don't have a microphone. You should definitely go buy one. It's cheap, and totally worth it.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Shovel
Supporting Member

Shovel's Avatar
Default Re: Language barrier

I'm learning spanish, and every now and the I play on a spanish server, it's actually a lot of fun.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
BlackRhino
Default Re: Language barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGHOST11x View Post
as long as you can follow orders, i think u will be good. im actually in the middle of learning spanish atm lol. also, work on saying certain words that might be need while playing such as contact reports and such.
Yeah, i listen and read a lot of english (books, movies, forums like this, etc). But the talking part is not my forte. Maybe i'll ask you to say the order one more time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
According to your writing, your English is great. There's only one way to get better at talking English - talking.
Get your ass on some English-speaking servers, and start talking!

EDIT: I just read that you don't have a microphone. You should definitely go buy one. It's cheap, and totally worth it.
Thanks

I do have a mic, i use it all the time when playing with my clan on spanish servers. But some of this servers are near death, and we have to wait a week to see 20 players. It really sucks.

I mention the other thread, because if i play without talking, it's the same as no having a mic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
I'm learning spanish, and every now and the I play on a spanish server, it's actually a lot of fun.
Good! Spanish is nice language. But somehow i prefer english. Like i say above, i listen and write english all day. But IRL i can't talk to anyone, so i'm kind of "losing" that.



Thanks for the feedback... i don't want to anything that makes the SL angry (or the others Squad members) like misunderstand an order and being kicked or banned.
BlackRhino is offline
Last edited by BlackRhino; 12-01-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Language barrier

If you get kicked or banned for misunderstanding someone, the server is the problem, not you. Now I repeat myself; get yourself on an English-speaking server, and start talking
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Language barrier

People will only laugh because they are dumb.

They do not realize that while they may think your english is funny; THEIR spanish is WORSE.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
BlackRhino
Default Re: Language barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
If you get kicked or banned for misunderstanding someone, the server is the problem, not you. Now I repeat myself; get yourself on an English-speaking server, and start talking
I need to loose embarrassment and start talking


Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
People will only laugh because they are dumb.

They do not realize that while they may think your english is funny; THEIR spanish is WORSE.
So true I tend to forget that
BlackRhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Language barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
I need to loose embarrassment and start talking
You sure do!
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
illidur
Default Re: Language barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
People will only laugh because they are dumb.

They do not realize that while they may think your english is funny; THEIR spanish is WORSE.
thats so true.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
barrier, language
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality