project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
APoutwest
Default just put in significant bullet drop...

I've been playing some of the Rising Conflicts beta (if u havent played yet the infantry is near perfection but the vehicles though they have some inovative ideas are a little iffy at the moment.

We'll i finally got around to trying the sniping in this mod, which is simply excellent, instead of artificially making the gun less accurate they've placed in a high level of bullet drop and (apparently made the projectile brighter so you can see where it lands (+multiple zoom levels)

As far as I can tell they've also created some sort of variable damage system that changes how much damage is done acording to the distance. (I noticed this because within this mod sr's are one shot kills but when firing from crane on Oman to one of the beach forts it took me 2 shots to kill each victim.

I know you all think that bf2 has bullet drop but even if it does it doesnt matter because the artificial variation at that range is more significant than bullet drop. We need pinpoint accuracy and a significant bullet drop.

You need to do what they've done for rising conflicts if you disagree go and try the sniping in this mod for 15 minutes and you wont.
APoutwest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Downtown_two

Send a message via MSN to Downtown_two

See also, Sniper Elite. Moddeled bullet drop and windage. Unfortunately all these things are hardcoded so no matter how many times they are suggested we will never see it in the BF2 engine.

"Cover me, I'm eating Pasta"
Downtown_two is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Downtown, did you even read his post? Apparently Rising Conflicts has these features.

I would love to see a better system for sniping. I will try Rising Conflicts. I did not know they were a realism based mod.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

There already is bullet drop in PR. In vBF2 they had all the bullet velocities set to 1000 m/s, which made bullet drop not very noticeable. In PR we use the realistic speeds for the bullets, which the BF2 engine then uses to calculate the realistic bullet drop.

I don't see any point in artificially adding in more bullet drop than is realistic. Rising Conflicts didn't do anything special with damage over distance either, this is already in BF2.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yeah as per KoC most of this is already in PR (I think since the earliest releases). Always room for tweaking and tuning tho.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
APoutwest

I've played alot of bf2 alot of pr and a little of rising conflicts i'm telling you this is different verrry different and way better there is very little variation it's all about judging for the bullet drop.

people always say that there is bullet drop in vanilla a prr but i've done tests and i've never had greater sucess aiming above a target before. even shots all the way to the the arty island on wake i get worse results if i compensate for bullet drop.

But in rising con i played for 5 minutes was like wow these rifles are inacurate when i tried to nail a guy not incredibly far away twice and then realized that both misses had hit almost the same place i compensated and pow.

I was having so much fun I may have been banned from a server because i didnt have the patience to wait for enemys to shoot at yes it was wrong but god this it's just great to nail a moving target by aiming a three inches above him. (three inches on the screen)
Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Er.. well I can look at the RC code and tell you there's no maginc going on. Infact most of the weapons don't even have any bullet drop code added.

Is there a specific weapon you liked the behaviour of?

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
APoutwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Er.. well I can look at the RC code and tell you there's no maginc going on. Infact most of the weapons don't even have any bullet drop code added.

Is there a specific weapon you liked the behaviour of?
every sniper rifle they are accurate they very clearly have defined and constant bullet drop. In PR i can take a drugonov and puound shot after shot into someone and sometimes it hits and sometimes it doesnt it's completely luck but compensation for bullet drop is completely unsucessful, in this mod I can pound shot after shot into the same spot as long as i keep my aim in the same place.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:44 AM   #9
Thunder

its vannila's fault the drugnov is rubbish, the scope is off due to some shoddy dice workmanship, theres a punkbuster pic somewhere that shows the difference.

Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:33 AM   #10
DJJ-Terror

well, snipers calculating distance to target would finally make some use of binocs.

Who want to get things done will find a way and who dosen't will find an excuse.

klan DOJAJA
DJJ-Terror is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, drop, put, significant