project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
sell
Default buy a gun? I need help/advise

I am thinking about, buying a gun for some time now, the Swiss gun laws are not the problem, I could buy any thing from a flar gun to a .50 bmg sniper rifle. And I did shoot since I was 10, starting from a bb gun, up to the sig 550, I just never did own a gun, so I know how to handel fire arms and all this stuff

I am not sure what to buy, personally I have a few favorites, probably they don't make since to you because they are different.
The cheapest and simplest one to get, would be a k 31 straight pull carbine, you can buy them for 100 sfr and up, and you don't need a license for them, a k 31 would be nice, because there are still a lot of ppl shooting with them, and shooting on the big 300 meters rang is nice

For all my other options I would need a license, a pump gun would be nice,and not to expensive, but this is the option I dislike the most, because except of home defense, I don't know what a pump gun is good for^^

Then there are the 9mm pistols, when it comes to this point, I have 2 favorite pistols that I would like. the sig p 210,and the glock 17.
the sig p 210 is the former service gun of the Swiss armed forces, a used service gun starts at 1000 Swiss francs, on the other hand a NEW glock 17 would cost me 960 sfr, plus with a new glock I also would get, 2 mags cleaning stuff, a speed loader, and of course the manual.

My problem is more the price, and the question if it is worth for me, to buy a gun in the near future, because I don't want to buy a gun, and then shoot it only 1 time a year

so how did you guys make your decision what to buy?
sell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
AK47 WARRIOR

Default Re: buy a gun? I need help/advise

Choose a Firearm for Personal or Home Defense - wikiHow

This might Help and will you please buy an AK47

Your the BMP 2 WARRIOR No one stands in your wat
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Lacrosse4Life17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 WARRIOR View Post
This might Help and will you please buy an AK47
... Seriously?

On topic, go with a pistol. Probably great for home defence, and fun to shoot also. Or a shotgun. If you keep, say a pump shotgun, you can just scare a burglar or someone just by pumping it. (I would be outta that house in no time if I heard someone pump something) Hope I helped.
Lacrosse4Life17 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
AK47 WARRIOR

What' wrong with the AK We gota lot of people here who have it

Old 10-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
USMC scout sniper

How about a Kimber .45?

HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE ME WITH A M249 SAW PIP!
USMC scout sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
sell

I am planing to use the gun, to put some rounds down the range, in the first place.
home defence is not a big reason for me to buy a gun, because we have a good police ( as long there is nothing big like the London riots) low crime rates, and home defence with fire arms, is a hot topic as long your life or the lifes of others are not in danger, or if your opponent, is not armed by him self. if a life is in danger it is ok, in general the police says its there job. But there have been case, of self defense with fire arms, were the police congratulated, the gun owners officially, for the saving of life's, and for the right behavior in this situation.

But as I said its not a big reason, life told me, you never know what happens next, so I am not gonna say I will never have to use a weapon to protect me, the possibility is small, but it is there, so it is one small reason to buy a gun

edit .45 are nice but its harder to get .45 rounds, then 9mm, and they cost more i think. i like the 1911 colts, but if i will ever buy one it will be my second or third gun, unless i get my hands on a nice used one^^
Last edited by sell; 10-14-2011 at 11:42 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #7
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Maybe cause they have a lot too much firepower/are too big/look too old or too eastern-like maybe? And they have a quite big caliber... huh?
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
AK47 WARRIOR

Thank you sor passing by daniel I Think is good for this home defense purpose Why because it kills The criminal in one shot Good for Close Range fighting And it also good for the famed Zombie apoclyapse

Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #9
John-117

Quote:
Are you being serious? Where in the middle east do you live?

Proud Member of [PR-HK]

thanks rampo93
John-117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
Are you being serious? Where in the middle east do you live?
You don't see he gave "Kuwait" as place under his avatar?
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, gun, help or advise