project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Sealights

Default Squad Leader Voip open Channel for all

I think could be interesting if the comander radio could be open for rest of Squad Leaders too. So Squad leaders could implement better organized tactics to each squad. I normally trust my squad leader than the loner wolf comander, and will make better use of that channel.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Can new VOIP channels even be made???

In reality, we need 3 + new ones, the present communications system is good but limited in many different ways.
e.g:
1) - above example (would be usefull, CO cant pass on all info that quickly - emergency commnet e.g T90 north of Hotel - save lives of many other players)

2) - one that every body with in 10m can hear (including enemies, vital for communication with all other player in close combat e.g guy beihnd wall, ammo please ext.)

3) - In vehicle system: - passenger to crew, - crew to crew (absolutely vital for vehicle infantry co-op AND due to small squad sizes even more imprative)

4) - Squad leader to squad leader

BUT like always the good people at PR will come along and kindly spell out the word HARD - F*****g CODED!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

hmm, might be a bonus ingame, but i remember the way the british army radio systems worked in the early 1990's and we could only speak to our commander who had a radio operator with him at all times. it avoids confusion and bickering over orders. that's not to say you do'n't use initiative to change orders, but squad leaders shouldn't be making battle plans really.

The most effective thing to happen ingame is for SL's to contact commanders at each change of direction, method of attack, etc, then commander to move other squads around the constantly changeing battlefield conditions.

This also requires squads to immediately follow orders and i don't see that happening most of thetime.people refuse to disengage from the enemy, or don't inform commander of what is happening in their vicinity.

we need to promote voip usage and this will fill in the holes better. also promote the chain of command so people obey the commanders. at the moment a squad leader can kick members of his squad, but a commander cant kick squad leaders who don't conform to the battleplans he gives out. if you get a bad commander then an entire team is going to get upset obviously if their games are ruined over and over again.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
Hawk_345

I think it can be done, but we cant make any new 1s, we have to us existing ones, so really u could probably have the squadleader to squad and a all chanel where the comander who will show up in yellow as now and otehr squad leaders in maybe diferent colors or all as greens but with numbver, but thsi will sacrifice the squad leader to comander only option. at least i think so from what i heard befor.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Clansman is over MrD, you have got to move on.

BUT can new VOIP channels be created. (DEV answer, not irresponsible claymour users and .....hmm, those who send out propoganda about PR that is not true in the form of realistic humveesjke!)
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 10-12-2006 at 04:00 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
dunkellic

same things has already been suggested

Old 10-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
Bob.Dob

I'd like to see it if possible!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #8
soraflair
Send a message via AIM to soraflair Send a message via MSN to soraflair Send a message via Yahoo to soraflair

I have no idea if this is possible, but this has come up a 1000 times
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Id personally love to see this. Increase intensity of a good team 100%
Old 10-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I agree on having squad leaders and commanders in a leaders' channel, more than a one-way to the boss. I'd also love to see a local communication channel, but don't think it could be done.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Tags
channel, leader, open, squad, voip