project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
RealKail

Default For the millionth time... (Deviation)

How about making the deviation NOT sucky and highly unrealistic? Seriously, these soldiers I'm playing on PR are some of the worst shots imaginable. I understand the mechanics and the need of the deviation system, but when I can fire 10 rounds at a target 5 ft from me and only 2 hit their mark, there's definitely something wrong.

I have no problem with needing a settle time after you move, that is fairly realistic. What irks me about the current deviation system is the successive shot(s) deviation, particularly at short to point blank range. There is no reason that while being still and aiming down my sights, my shots should be landing 5-10 ft away from eachother.

I take a half-second to a second wait between each shot to help the accuracy, which is fairly realistic, and in some cases generous. However, with the current deviation system, that's not enough. Keep in mind, we're still talking short ranges here, nothing beyond 30 yards or so. It's like our soldiers aren't even shouldering their weapons or aiming down their sights at times. Hell, at times it's become more effective to NOT aim, usually in CQC situations though.

And a good portion of these weapons don't have that much recoil either. Heck, with an m4 properly shouldered, and utilizing a foregrip, most of my shots SHOULD be hitting their mark unless my soldier completely failed his rifle quals. Now I know it's hard to try to code the functionality of each weapon, but even some of the higher caliber weapons don't have ridiculous recoil, unless you're firing full auto.

Like I said, I have no problem with the movement settle time, especially when you've been on the move a moderate amount of time. The successive-shot deviation desperately needs some work though. My suggestion would be to make it a happy medium between where it is now, and the near-nonexistant successive-shot deviation of deployed ARs. I'm not saying it should be the same as the deployed AR deviation, but something a bit closer than what we have now.
RealKail is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
goguapsy

Default Re: For the millionth time...

I've never had issues with deviation in short range. Only times I've missed in short range was on full auto, spriting towards someone and just trying to no-scope that crawling little dude.

In fact, I think you might be overdoing it a little bit, but I don't know if that's what you want to say. I mean, 5ft? Okay, but seriously, 30 yards? It's not that bad.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Brainlaag

Believe me, its better now than how it was back in 0.6 with laser accurate weapons. Also reading how you described it, its mostly on your part being a really but REALLY bad shot or the unluckiest person on this blue planet.

Yes deviation is something obsolete and really annoying at some point BUT its the best what we can get and everyone should be glad about that.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Best system with the engine, It's generally OK IMHO.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Agree, I have no problems with current deviation system. Few exceptions being some bad CQC situations, but I can blame myself for those situations because I wasn't careful enough. If one is careful, there shouldn't be a lot of dumb CQC spray-without-aim situations.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: For the millionth time... (Deviation)

Just get used to it, as everyone else has
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
declan54321

It's very annoying, yes, but firefights last much longer with deviation. I would rather be in an exciting 20 minute firefight than one which lasts all of two seconds...

declan54321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #8
TheComedian

Any fight over 1 minute is fiction.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic52084_1.gif
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
declan54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
You know what I mean...

declan54321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
Archosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
How so?

I get myself in 3 - 5 minute firefights all the time. Of course 2 minutes or more is spent on nav and moving. Still under fire tho.
Archosaurus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, millionth, time